Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix+

View Stats:
How do I do multi-button on an Xbox controller?
Everytime I play a medium difficulty song I can't get a good score on it because of multi-button notes (ex: XY, AB). All four notes is easy but everything else I can't do because there isn't enough buttons on my controller. Does anyone have any bind recommendations for Xbox?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Hello, i can't see your in-game hours so i don't know if you are new to the game or not, but i might as well mention, you can use the d-pad for multi-holds as it is set by default to mimic the XYAB buttons and their positions, alternatively, when playing this on PS4, i personally bind the buttons to the triggers for multi-holds (for example L1 for Triangle, L2 for Square, so on and so forth)
Thank you a lot for this :) I've been playing for around 3 months and I accidentally skipped the tutorial
Originally posted by diclonius:
Hello, i can't see your in-game hours so i don't know if you are new to the game or not, but i might as well mention, you can use the d-pad for multi-holds as it is set by default to mimic the XYAB buttons and their positions, alternatively, when playing this on PS4, i personally bind the buttons to the triggers for multi-holds (for example L1 for Triangle, L2 for Square, so on and so forth)

Not sure if this is your preferred play style or if you know about another trick too where you can bind your back triggers/buttons to other things to make gameplay a little easier.

The binds I use are this:
RB/R1 = Square, X, O
LB/L1 = Triangle, Square, X
Back triggers/R1 and R2 = Quad Notes

This is to make dealing with triple notes AND hold notes a lot easier for beginners. I'm not sure if you just prefer those keybinds or knew about other keybind tricks so I thought I'd mention it just in case it would help you as well and the op.

By binding back triggers to quad notes you can deal with holds much more easier. Just press and hold your hold note(s) first, then press a back trigger button, and then release your hold notes and continue holding your trigger. If you need to "add" hold notes after holding one of the back triggers, just press and hold the new holds and then press the alternate trigger button before releasing your first trigger button you pressed. It's very hard to explain in words but it makes the game a lot more easy!
tedjix005 22 Jun @ 11:02am 
Personaly the only binds I use are
R2/L2 : Triangle, Square, X, O

Other notes can be made with your D-PAD and ABYX buttons
For AB you press A and B.
For XB you can press left arrow and B
For YA you can press UP et A
For XAB you can press LEFT A B
For button binds (I had to dig out my old xbox controller because I no longer use it lmao) :
All the face buttons should be default (four dpad direction, XYAB), then for shoulder button & trigger button, many suggest bind trigger buttons RT / LT both as [X+Y+A+B], or you may not need to. The reason is, xbox controller layout has the face buttons XYAB very close to each other, its super easy to fat thumb it.
I play on dualsense 5, so I realized this little detail difference on both controllers.

I highly suggest you bind two buttons of your choices from [RB LB RT LT] for slide-right.
Why bind two of those for slide-right :
This has to do with xbox controller layout, where the analog sticks (both sticks) are super hard to do going-right than going-left. (xbox controller owner should immediately notice this problem)
On 9.0 or higher songs, I actually rebind buttons [RB LB RT LT for xbox case, but I'm using dualsense 5 so R1 L1 R2 L2] depend on the chart. Some charts have fast string that you just cannot do slide purely depend analog sticks. While some charts spam certain multi very fast (ex 9.0 rin-chan now!, ex 9.0 disappearance of hatsune miku, are some of the examples), so I bind those specific multi to [RB LB RT LT].

=====

My all purpose keybind (on dualsense 5, translate to xbox)
Face buttons => default
Both analog sticks => slides-right & slide-left
RB => Y+A
LB => X+B
RT => X+Y+A+B
LT => X+Y+A+B

=====

If you want tutorial on advance technique or training regimes, I highly suggest search youtube for Hisokee. He done fantastic job on providing these. (I have my own training regimes, so I don't need them)

=====

For triple notes practice, you can go this one to train your finger muscle memory on how to hit all four patterns

------
ExEx 8.5 Electric angel
Triple note multi four patterns

2:04 => 4 combo
------
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50