STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

View Stats:
Controller Issues
I've run into a HUGE issue... Controller support.
This game is quite literally built around the use of a controller, it even brings up a prompt that to have the best and most enjoyable play-through, you should use a controller.

Previously, I used my Xbox Series controller with absolutely ZERO issue, but after picking the game back up, it straight just doesn't work anymore. Pressing the left thumb-stick brings up a giant on-screen keyboard and I cant even pause the game without hitting ESC on my keyboard. None of the other buttons work at all and it seems the camera is stuck in "fastas♥♥♥♥boi" mode. It's only "playable" with MaKB and I really don't want to play the game like that, because, at time of posting, I JUST beat, at a nearly 100%, Fallen Order, using the same exact controller.

I've noticed this is a somewhat common issue on reddit, but all the fixes posted there did not work for me
Last edited by Artifakt; 13 Feb @ 9:47am
Originally posted by Morvan:
It's related to the issue of the broken Steam HUD due to the recent EA update. The fix is adding the EA Launcher as a non-steam game, and using its Steam shortcut to launch the game within the EA Launcher.

Make sure that the EA Launcher is not running in the background while trying to start, otherwise it's very likely that it won't work. When successful, you should be able to see the Steam HUD ingame after pressing Shift + Tab.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Morvan 13 Feb @ 10:32am 
It's related to the issue of the broken Steam HUD due to the recent EA update. The fix is adding the EA Launcher as a non-steam game, and using its Steam shortcut to launch the game within the EA Launcher.

Make sure that the EA Launcher is not running in the background while trying to start, otherwise it's very likely that it won't work. When successful, you should be able to see the Steam HUD ingame after pressing Shift + Tab.
Artifakt 13 Feb @ 11:29am 
Originally posted by Morvan:

This was it, thank you man, you're amazing
I turned off the steam controller integration this fixed it for me
I am having similar issues with a converted stadia controller. It is connected through steam and works fine in other games, but even with the game input for controller set to steam input, its not recognizing that I have a controller connected at all. Is there a way around this?
Artifakt 15 Feb @ 4:47pm 
Originally posted by sourlemonpie:
I am having similar issues with a converted stadia controller. It is connected through steam and works fine in other games, but even with the game input for controller set to steam input, its not recognizing that I have a controller connected at all. Is there a way around this?

Do you have it wired or bluetooth?
It is bluetooth.
Danton 2 May @ 10:07am 
its may and still not fixed...
Originally posted by Danton:
try doing what the pinned comment suggested, set the EA app as a non-steam game and lauch the game via that method

set the EA app as a NSG
launch the EA app via steam
launch the game via the EA app that was launched via steam

that worked perfectly for me
servo 17 May @ 2:05pm 
Originally posted by Artifakt:
Originally posted by Danton:
try doing what the pinned comment suggested, set the EA app as a non-steam game and lauch the game via that method

set the EA app as a NSG
launch the EA app via steam
launch the game via the EA app that was launched via steam

that worked perfectly for me

It was working great for me.. but today Steam Updated and removed the EADesktop.exe. I tried re-adding it as a Non-Steam Game (again) but it doesn't show up.. sigh.

That was the only way I was able to play with my XB1 controller.. which is wired via USB.
mg76 19 May @ 5:55pm 
I had all sort of wierdness trying to use an Xbox controller: dash mapped to the wrong button, select not working, a keyboard appearing at random times. Found these instructions on Reddit, and everything is working fine now:

Steam>Settings>Controller>Non-game controller layouts>Desktop layout>edit. Then disable steam input.
victor987 21 May @ 10:48am 
[

Originally posted by mg76:
I had all sort of wierdness trying to use an Xbox controller: dash mapped to the wrong button, select not working, a keyboard appearing at random times. Found these instructions on Reddit, and everything is working fine now:

Steam>Settings>Controller>Non-game controller layouts>Desktop layout>edit. Then disable steam input.
THX
Omicron 2 Jun @ 6:17am 
Did all of this and still can't play so I guess I'm forced to wait for the patch ..
Manila 5 Jun @ 7:34pm 
Originally posted by mg76:

this worked for me, thanks!
My playstation controller working now, but I had to do both of the above fixes. Also gotta make sure the EA app not still running in the background when you load it from steam. EA so annoying. Makes me not want to support them.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50