STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

View Stats:
controller problems
my controller keeps rapidly switching from keyboard to xbox controller, is there any way to fix it?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
CJM 3 Mar @ 3:36pm 
This is generally caused by "Steam Input". Something went wonky back in January with the EA App, and ever since the Steam features don't seem to work properly.

First solution is to disable "Steam Input" and use your controller's native functionality. Jedi: Survivor supports X-Input for XBox controllers, and also supports the Sony PlayStation 5 Dual Sense controller.

If your controller is not natively supported by Jedi: Survivor, then you will need to add the EA App as a non-Steam game, and chain launch Jedi: Survivor. Make sure that the EA App is not running in the background, then launch the EA App from Steam, and then launch Jedi: Survivor from the EA App. If done correctly this should restore most of the Steam platform features.
Originally posted by CJM:
This is generally caused by "Steam Input". Something went wonky back in January with the EA App, and ever since the Steam features don't seem to work properly.

First solution is to disable "Steam Input" and use your controller's native functionality. Jedi: Survivor supports X-Input for XBox controllers, and also supports the Sony PlayStation 5 Dual Sense controller.

If your controller is not natively supported by Jedi: Survivor, then you will need to add the EA App as a non-Steam game, and chain launch Jedi: Survivor. Make sure that the EA App is not running in the background, then launch the EA App from Steam, and then launch Jedi: Survivor from the EA App. If done correctly this should restore most of the Steam platform features.
thank you so much, disabling the steam input worked
Originally posted by storm3325:

i have the same issue and i cant disable steam input how did you guys do it?
CJM 13 May @ 6:16pm 
Originally posted by Ayio Pneyma:
Originally posted by storm3325:
i have the same issue and i cant disable steam input how did you guys do it?
There are two settings for Steam Input. For for "Steam Input" in general, and one for "Steam Input for XBox Controllers"

If you choose the game in your library, you should have a gear icon for the game's settings, if you then choose "Properties" and "Controller", you should be able to set "Steam Input" to "Disabled".

It may be necessary to disable Steam Input in Steam's settings, which should be located in the "Controller" section of Steam Settings, but this will likely disable Steam Input for all games in your collection.

Jedi: Survivor only supports the base X-Input and PlayStation 5 Dual Sense controllers. There may be compatibility issues with the "Elite Series" XBox controllers, and compatibility issues with the Sony PS5 Dual Sense "Edge" controller. Legacy Direct Input and Nintendo Switch controllers are not supported.
you already fixed it. But yeah steam input makes this game REALLY buggy lmao.
CJM 15 May @ 2:04pm 
Originally posted by BimboGooch:
I may be getting too technical and literal, and anal retentive with this response, but how in the world does Steam Input make the game buggy???

From a strictly literal and technical perspective that seems absolutely absurd.

From an end user experience and Electronic Arts support ticketing perspective, I can see how one might infer or otherwise falsely believe that the game is buggy as a result if Steam Input.

That is like saying the opposing team in a basketball game makes the hoop and net more "buggy", since it becomes more difficult to make a shot during play.

The primary point of "Steam Input" is to intercept controller inputs, and reassign them.

At launch this was not an issue, nor was this an issue through and including Patch 8. Immediately after Jedi: Survivor Patch 8, Electronic Arts updated their EA Desktop App, and "Steam Input" has been bugging out ever since.

Electronic Arts has not been forthcoming with information as to whether they have discovered a bug in "Steam Input", which would infer that Steam Input is "buggy", or if they hired incompetent programmers, or Epic Games Store fanboys to sabotage Steam compatibility with a software application listed on the Steam Store and which has previously functioned, which would imply that Electronic Arts' "EA Desktop App" is "buggy".
Originally posted by BimboGooch:
I may be getting too technical and literal, and anal retentive with this response, but how in the world does Steam Input make the game buggy???

From a strictly literal and technical perspective that seems absolutely absurd.

From an end user experience and Electronic Arts support ticketing perspective, I can see how one might infer or otherwise falsely believe that the game is buggy as a result if Steam Input.

That is like saying the opposing team in a basketball game makes the hoop and net more "buggy", since it becomes more difficult to make a shot during play.

The primary point of "Steam Input" is to intercept controller inputs, and reassign them.

At launch this was not an issue, nor was this an issue through and including Patch 8. Immediately after Jedi: Survivor Patch 8, Electronic Arts updated their EA Desktop App, and "Steam Input" has been bugging out ever since.

Electronic Arts has not been forthcoming with information as to whether they have discovered a bug in "Steam Input", which would infer that Steam Input is "buggy", or if they hired incompetent programmers, or Epic Games Store fanboys to sabotage Steam compatibility with a software application listed on the Steam Store and which has previously functioned, which would imply that Electronic Arts' "EA Desktop App" is "buggy".

worded it poorly, I meant to say its causing issues in the game. Im dyslexic, Ill think something but type something way different out lmao.

I was having issues with pressing start, it would sometimes alt tab the game. Turned off steam input, and it stopped happening.
lacho_j 16 May @ 10:34am 
I want to play Survivor with two joysticks
: Genesis Mangan PV58 but I am unable to configure them. They have two modes PS3 AND Xbox. They don't work at all on PS3. On the Xbox individually they work fine, they even have a vibration. In the STEAM controllers menu everything works for them. When they are together in the game one works fully and the other works only the sticks but not the buttons...no vibration! If you have any solution through STEAM or other software's or hardware's?
Poka0 13 Aug @ 7:49am 

I was wondering how do u chain launch jedi: survivor ive looked on the internet and not found anything on how to do this , any help would be much appreciated.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 3 Mar @ 2:55pm