STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

View Stats:
Is it worth it now?
i know the game was very buggy and wonky at launch so I didn't but it then but is it good now and fixed, or should I hold of for some more time before buying?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
Yeah, i also just never bought it.. and am also here to check if it's worth it yet or not :D
Just the recent few pages here on the forums would confirm crashes and performance issues but I would also say it's not entirely guaranteed. In fact, most people are probably playing it just fine but there IS a verifiable reason for the rating on the store page and all the bad reviews about PC optimization.
Me personally had no crashes thankfully, but there were times the rendering glitched out when landing on a planet or going inside/outside Pyloon's Saloon, even that only lasted for like a few seconds. there was a few times were the game froze for a split second but that only happened a very few number of times. I'd recommend you get it while its on sale. It also depends on your PC too so keep that in mind as well. I also heard that someone made mods that help with the performance of the game so id look into that if you do get the game and run into issues.
i tried it with the eaplay thing. it was ok. decent maps and combat etc. better than the first one.

playing at 1440p i was getting ok fps, above 70 in the lag areas with an i9/4070S/32gbR.
I imagine it would run liek crap on old hardware, no doubt
crashed a few times during cutscenes so i started skipping them

i would wait for a huge sale, like 80% off or try the eaplay thing and rent it for $5
Last edited by ⓀⒾⓦⒾ‰; 12 May @ 10:30pm
it's still a stuttery mess. I get decent fps at 4k however the game never feels smooth but that doesn't matter much in this title considering the combat is forgiving compared to something like sekiro.

with that said I wouldn't suggest to buy this. first try it out on ea sub for 4$ before you commit. I bought the first game when it went on sale for 10 quid and plan to do the same for this one.
and no money isn't the problem here. I run a 7800x3d and 4090. I just don't think this is worth more than 15 quid. like the first game you play it once and then it gathers digital dust in your library up until you suffer from enough memory loss to finish it again in a few years.
No its not worth it
im in process of getting refund there is critacl bug stopping my progress in story mode
and ive spent hours trying to workaround on it
Last edited by Hotchillitime; 13 May @ 6:49am
Cripto 13 May @ 9:48am 
crashing ♥♥♥♥♥ ton ....nope
Nope, stuttering mess even with all the unofficial fixes. It will never be smooth gameplay, and it's been abandoned just like the 1st one, never to be fixed.
CT-5555 13 May @ 11:56am 
It's not fixed, I'm rn dealing with the game freezing when respawning before a boss, don't waste your money bro. (It might be subjective to hardware tho idk)
Jouchebag 13 May @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by OpeningJediSurvivorUntilEAFixGam:
It might be subjective to hardware tho idk)

It definitely is. There are still more positive reviews than negative. It's working for someone.

Still, I wouldn't scoff at your experience, either.

I would tell anyone to either pay $5 to EA or $10 to Game Pass to get the subscription version with less risk. I wouldn't recommend a paid demo (the 2 hour rule) because honestly a lot of the game's issues don't become really obvious until 5+ hours into the game.
I mean I bought it half off but it's laggy, glitchy and seems to stutter. Also I'm on the highest graphics settings and it looks worse than the first one.

I keep lowering the graphics settings and my FPS is still horrible. I'm talking 20 ish FPS after a few minutes regardless of the graphics quality.
Last edited by TheKingOfCanada; 13 May @ 1:12pm
I took the EA Play route this month and 100%'d already. Even though I originally did so for the Dead Space remake (Better choice simply because the EA client isn't needed to run, which had issues itself). Definite performance issues, several crashes on game start and twice the game wouldn't load a save file. Don't see how these would be avoided getting on sale so unless you have to own it, think the rental is the wiser choice.
Really depends on your GPU, I have a AMD 6600 Ti and I can run it on max graphics with only small hiccups. Whole game is graphics-intense, even on the lowest setting.
I just quit trying to get it run on my PC. Never went past the second cut scene at the very beginning. My computer always crashes to a black screen (fans still running) and I have to restart it manually by shutting it down by the power button.
I tried hard by reinstalling the game, using compatility mode, using administration mode, reinstalling all my drivers and finally even reinstalling Windows.
This is the only game I've experienced something like this and now I just quit. With all these tries to fix it, always restartring the game and watching the cut scene over and over again I am not able to refund the game so I paid 30€ for nothing but a pain in the ass...

Here's my setrup by the way:
- MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WIFI
- 32 Gb Trident G-Skill RAM DDR4
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
- Radeon RX 6900XT
Last edited by Jussel ™; 14 May @ 5:25am
Finished just today.
It went actually well, had no crashes or stutters during cutscenes and fps was ok. (i5/rtx3050/16gbR, mixed high and epic settings).
Got a few visual glitches with jawas faces and one or two Gera echoes readings.
Maybe I just got lucky.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 64 comments
Per page: 1530 50