STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

STAR WARS Jedi: Survivor™

View Stats:
are they still patching this game?
is it playable?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Are they patching it?
Dunno. Only they know if they intend to do so.

It is playable?
Depends. I was able to play it just fine from day 1, but none of my friends were able to do so. (That's why I left a negative review. No fun being able to play a game we all wanted to play and can't share the experiences among friends.)

Seems today, a lot more people are able to play it, but many are still encountering a lot of issues. From what I can tell, it's still a roll of the die but with better chances than the first go back when it launched. (My review will not change. They lost their chance at a good review from me when everyone else gave up.)
Last edited by EricHVela; 3 Jul @ 11:39am
Xiv 3 Jul @ 6:08pm 
TLDR, THE GAME IS STILL NOT FIXED, DO NOT BUY THIS GAME since the company has still not bothered fixing it.

...its ridiculous...I just want to jump with the "E" key and have the game work....

My personal reason this game is UNPLAYABLE:
-there are keybinding bugs that make the game literally unplayable UNLESS:

1) You ONLY use the default keybindings and DO NOT rebind any buttons/keys
(I play mouse and keyboard and using space bar for jump instead of dodge on a souls-like and total trash to me as well as the default force ability bindings...)

2) You mod the game, changing the default keybindings to whatever you desire and NEVER change them in the actual game menu because it doesn't work properly.

(I don't see this as a reasonable solution but apparently it is "possible" and since I already bought the game I'm gonna get my teck guy to show me how to do this, until then I'm just not playing the game...)

My Experience with this game:
I was LOVING this game after just beating fallen order but then about an hour or 2 into the game and hit a literal wall, the wall requires you to double jump off of it but if you've rebound jump to anything other than space bar...you just stick to the wall and cannot proceed unless you rebind jump to space bar...which is absolute trash for a souls-like game because to dodge/roll with space bar just feels WAAAAY better and I believe is mandatory for high difficulty play. (even on story mode this would just feel so bad, you are not gonna have a better time by jumping during combat...)
Oh, also it won't let you jump off of wall runs either so you're stuck running on the wall until you fall off and I saw a guy on youtube trying to use the droid attack ability and it didn't work with re-bound buttons either...I've read a bunch of referances to the blaster shooting stance not working either, I'm sure there are other examples those are just what I found in my researching this problem last night.
I'm happy to help! However, I need more information about the game you're referring to. Could you please provide the game's name or more context?
Once I know which game you're asking about, I can help you with the following:
Patch status: I can investigate whether the game is still receiving updates or patches.
Playability: I can provide information on the game's current state, including any known issues or bugs, and let you know if it's playable on various platforms.
Please provide more details about the game, and I'll do my best to assist you!
psyche 3 Jul @ 9:04pm 
They are too busy trying to get this spaghetti of a code running on a much weaker last gen console. This game is already struggling on ps5, i failed to see how it can run on a ps4 with extremely weak jaguar cpu.
Last edited by psyche; 3 Jul @ 9:08pm
Playable? Yes, if you have a tolerance for not getting a constant 60 FPS. The biggest issue is the stutter, which mostly happens on Koboh (the hub world), but I've never had it stutter so bad that I can't play it. If you have a high tolerance for lower framerates, it's worth playing because the game itself is phenomenal.

It just sucks that Respawn doesn't care about the PC players and has left both this and its predecessor in sub-par states. If they didn't pull that crap, I guarantee this game would sit at an Overwhelmingly Positive.
s0d0 6 Jul @ 1:22am 
Originally posted by Jakob Fel:
Playable? Yes, if you have a tolerance for not getting a constant 60 FPS. The biggest issue is the stutter, which mostly happens on Koboh (the hub world), but I've never had it stutter so bad that I can't play it. If you have a high tolerance for lower framerates, it's worth playing because the game itself is phenomenal.

It just sucks that Respawn doesn't care about the PC players and has left both this and its predecessor in sub-par states. If they didn't pull that crap, I guarantee this game would sit at an Overwhelmingly Positive.

I don't think it's respawns fault. EA doesn't fund any further development of this game. It's a one-off with no DLC and no live service whatsoever, so they made their money and they do not intend to put any more money into it.
Typical EA move.
I really like the game as a game but I cannot recommend it to anyone. DO NOT BUY EA!

Also performance is still bad.
It is not too bad, but compared to other modern games it is a disgrace.
Ongen 8 Jul @ 5:03am 
I take it this game is as badly ported as the first ? Ment for console and not PC ?
s0d0 8 Jul @ 9:18am 
Originally posted by Ongen:
I take it this game is as badly ported as the first ? Ment for console and not PC ?

yes
jasper 9 Jul @ 12:51am 
The game infinitely runs better on a console, thats for sure. Having played the first game last year I'm not even sure if this is better or worse lol.. I've now played this for 60h, 40 of which were modding and tinkering with settings to see if i can fix the stutters.. There's no fix and there's no hardware upgrade that will suddenly make it run for you. Butttttt I can assure any fan, who isnt a ♥♥♥♥♥ about visual fluidity, that all of these issues can easily be overlooked if you just keep playing. The only really horrible part of the game i ran into yet was the open world areas of the first planet. And even there, whenever I had a fight, I could parry fine... If you really liked the first game, just buy this one. The game definitely makes up for the terrible performance lol.
Game runs like ♥♥♥♥ on PS5 too. Just finished it and it drops frames in performance mode for no reason at all. It also runs at upscaled 720p or something.
jasper 9 Jul @ 6:05am 
fr? everyone said it was best on ps5 back when it came out.. how did they manage to break it for you guys as well lmaoo
s0d0 9 Jul @ 8:58am 
Originally posted by jasper:
fr? everyone said it was best on ps5 back when it came out.. how did they manage to break it for you guys as well lmaoo

Yeah it is nowhere near unplayable, like some people say.
But it just is so annoying because you always know that the only reason why the game runs terrible is not your hardware or some bad drivers, it is simply because they didn't care enough for you. For the person who bought a 60 or 70 dollar game that is finished in about 20 hours, give or take. That they just took your money and left.

Imagine buying a car and it stutters all the time and the manufacturer says "well yes, but you can still drive with it, right? See ya"

All I can say is that if you chose to buy EA, you are basically gambling.

EA WRC - same thing. Came out and was almost unplayable for most people because of stuttering. Stuttering in a rally game...
Took them 3 months to solve the problem to about 98%. Great.
And now after half a year or so they announce
hey guys, we're adding some very intrusive kernel-based anti cheat system that you have to install. Might cause more performance problems. See ya.
Xiv 9 Jul @ 5:56pm 
It's the bugs that force you to use default keybindings in order to use critical abilities for progress that really make the game unplayable in my opinion. See my above comment for explanation.

But sure, its technically "playable" just like a car with no break pedal and only a hand break instead and when you signal left it puts the right blinker on and you can't adjust the seats or mirrors, yes, the car is "derivable" technically but why would you even drive that can when you can drive any other car with a normal break pedal and adjustable seats mirrors ect...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 3 Jul @ 10:48am