Vampire Survivors

Vampire Survivors

View Stats:
Character ignores terrains when movement speed is high enough
I noticed this long ago but still feel like to get a clarification. When my movement speed becomes high enough in a run, I can just completely ignore all terrains and move freely, regardless which character I'm using. Is this a bug? Or was this designed intentionally?
Originally posted by Amars95:
Walking through walls is a feature, it happens with enough movespeed/lag/weapon effects.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
oh i thought has something to do with the sole solution blackhole which it cast. but when u mention the speed yes i had this few times too especially during the boss raids it was strange that u could pass the walls and kill the auditors ^^
adamaxes 17 Aug @ 2:57pm 
Originally posted by Shuri-Sama:
oh i thought has something to do with the sole solution blackhole which it cast.
Exactly. I think I also triggered with sole solution but looks like this has more to do with movement speed.
It's definitely caused by movement speed. This is just speculation, but I think at a certain speed you start moving faster than the game can load object collisions. I don't know how difficult it would be to fix, or if it's even possible, but I'm pretty sure the consensus has become "it's a feature, not a bug" at this point.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
Amars95 17 Aug @ 3:08pm 
Walking through walls is a feature, it happens with enough movespeed/lag/weapon effects.
I think this was told to be intentional to reduce collision or something? I feel like it was just an bug that was not really intrusive enough to fix.
Amars95 18 Aug @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by Dan_The_Noob:
I think this was told to be intentional to reduce collision or something? I feel like it was just an bug that was not really intrusive enough to fix.
This is sort of true, but also it's fun to be able to walk through the walls so there wasn't much benefit in removing it.
Its a feature of the Wings in several cases.
For example for Capella Magna, you can fly outside and in the Dairy you can bypass the gaps.
Amars95 20 Aug @ 10:31am 
Originally posted by Buntkreuz:
Its a feature of the Wings in several cases.
For example for Capella Magna, you can fly outside and in the Dairy you can bypass the gaps.
No it is not, you don't need the Wings item for that. That's just how the game works.
Moonbane 20 Aug @ 10:43am 
Yes, enough speed and you will overpower collision. Nothing to do with the wings.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50