Bellwright

Bellwright

View Stats:
Guards not delivering their broken equipment
I am not sure if they sometimes do deliver. But I keep finding villagers assigned to guard duty that still hang to their broken weapons/shields in their inventory instead of giving them away for repairs. On top of that, how about allowing them to get new weapons by themselves once their's gets broken?
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
tamu1997 20 Aug @ 5:01pm 
guards and companions do not have a "deliver" function. This was fine when they turned back into "villager" when they got hungry but now thats out. And you dont WANT them to have a deliver function, or else they'd consider anything in their main inventory, ie extra arrows etc, as something needing to be dropped off.
OK, this point makes sense. So there is no way around micromanaging guards' weapons/equipment? (and no plans for it in the future either)
Or, how about some notification when guards get broken equipment. Would make it much easier, right now we are forced to check their inventories all the time..
tamu1997 20 Aug @ 8:59pm 
you dont really need them. just leave them as villager set to "hold ground"
Thanks for the tip! I didn't even try this toggle button yet. But doesn't it mean that the guard function is basically useless? (I know it should deter raids according to the description, but I didn't notice any effect on prolonging the time between raids).
SEISO 21 Aug @ 1:52pm 
> you dont really need them

I disagree, guards hugely affects treat level. I keep at least 1 guard for each outpost just in order to not be spammed with 12-15ppl bandit raids.
tamu1997 21 Aug @ 5:44pm 
Originally posted by SEISO:
> you dont really need them

I disagree, guards hugely affects treat level. I keep at least 1 guard for each outpost just in order to not be spammed with 12-15ppl bandit raids.
can control that in settings. in 4 full playthroughs, and about a dozen or so variation game files, I havent used guards more than a day or so just to make sure they havent been updated to be more useful
Ken0k 22 Aug @ 4:21am 
I need an army management UI, I can't fight but have to check each person to see if they are hungry and if they are equipped, I'm not a babysitter!
Originally posted by Ken0k:
I need an army management UI, I can't fight but have to check each person to see if they are hungry and if they are equipped, I'm not a babysitter!
That has been my thought all the time, Until I (only recently) realized you have an overview you can check for all villagers in your army. Just go to the army overview screen (pressing "o"), then press on the specific squad and you can see the specific inventory each trooper has! Made my life a lot easier this way (can al;so confirm who is hungry this way - just by seeing how much food they still have).
Last edited by SpicyShakshuka; 22 Aug @ 5:05am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 20 Aug @ 12:37am