SUPER CRAZY RHYTHM CASTLE

SUPER CRAZY RHYTHM CASTLE

İstatistiklere Bak:
Give us a skip button.
There really needs to be a way to skip the cutscenes. I know fast forwarding is a thing, but it still takes way too long for some of the cutscenes, and when there are 4 of us, one of us is bound to get annoyed with having to retry a song to get 3 stars and have to still deal with the cutscenes over and over.
< >
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
Unlikely we'll be able to patch this in, but appreciate the feedback as it helps for future titles.
Of course! Thanks for checking this out at least :)
What about something like a "Super Fast-Forward" Button? Either as a separate button or togglable in the hosts settings. I could see skipping being hard to patch in but you probably have a simple variable for the speed right?
İlk olarak ShinkiDx tarafından gönderildi:
Unlikely we'll be able to patch this in, but appreciate the feedback as it helps for future titles.
Couldn't it be as simple as a boolean variable? Cutscene[number].played starts set to zero/false. Once a cutscene has played, set to 1. If Cutscene[number].played is true, do not play cutscene.
İlk olarak The Big Dawg tarafından gönderildi:
Couldn't it be as simple as a boolean variable? Cutscene[number].played starts set to zero/false. Once a cutscene has played, set to 1. If Cutscene[number].played is true, do not play cutscene.

I'm afraid it's not that simple. The cutscenes play out as in-game sequences of events, some of which are crucial to the setup of the level, or logic that awards you inventory items, moves a key NPC, forbids the game from writing your save temporarily, etc. etc. If you simply skip them then parts of the game will break, which is why we opted for a fast forward where certain steps are sped up but the whole sequence still runs.

In some cases the sequences are set up with branching paths or steps that wait for other steps too, so its delicate. I'll be the first to admit it could've been set up differently to be less delicate, but this is the nature of game development - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Ultimately we didn't have the time to set up a more aggressive skip, and patching something like this in now would require a large amount of testing to make sure it didn't break anything.
İlk olarak ShinkiDx tarafından gönderildi:
I'm afraid it's not that simple. The cutscenes play out as in-game sequences of events, some of which are crucial to the setup of the level, or logic that awards you inventory items, moves a key NPC, forbids the game from writing your save temporarily, etc. etc. If you simply skip them then parts of the game will break, which is why we opted for a fast forward where certain steps are sped up but the whole sequence still runs.

In some cases the sequences are set up with branching paths or steps that wait for other steps too, so its delicate. I'll be the first to admit it could've been set up differently to be less delicate, but this is the nature of game development - hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Ultimately we didn't have the time to set up a more aggressive skip, and patching something like this in now would require a large amount of testing to make sure it didn't break anything.

So you're saying: "We didn't anticipate the need for a skip button and programmed ourselves into a hole."

You guys created a really cool game here, and I'm not trying to put you down, but foreseeing the need for a skip button, or several of the other things this game could have had, should have been in your project requirements/user requirements specification years before you ever touched a line of code. It's baffling that this kind of detail was missed ahead of time, let alone getting past any kind of user testing you might have had.

Please make us more games.

Please hire a project manager.
İlk olarak Scoops tarafından gönderildi:
foreseeing the need for a skip button, or several of the other things this game could have had, should have been in your project requirements/user requirements specification years before you ever touched a line of code

Not trying to make excuses and am not going to debate this, just wanted to explain why it's not happening rather than simply saying 'no'.
< >
8 yorumdan 1 ile 8 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50