Echo Point Nova

Echo Point Nova

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
A tip for the devs
I love this game but it has an awful name. I never even acknowledged it when it came out because of the name and extremely generic artwork, i found it through an article somewhere else. I literally have to search through my installed steam games to find it because I can literally not remember the name of the game every time I try to play it. I just want you to know how much sales the name of this game and the generic artwork cost you.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
How many sales is it then? Give us a quantitation.

I think it's naive to assume the success of a title relies solely on it's branding or advertising...
Anwen 28 Sep @ 10:00am 
I love this game, but ngl I absolutely agree with your complaint lol. im good with names and I just cant remember this one.
I love the game, but I'm inclined to agree. I like that the graphics were kept simple and well optimized, but the artstyle itself doesn't have much personality nor cohesion (The cover art also belies the quality of the game. It doesn't look amateurish, but the character design almost looks like a placeholder model).

The name also doesn't roll off the tongue well, but all of these are probably too late to change.
mattlarrabee  [developer] 28 Sep @ 10:26am 
Naming is hard! Most names are taken. It was this or Cloudbreak and asking around people preferred this. As far as success, with this title we managed to get a jackfrags video which is about as much success as an indie FPS dev can hope for! So if the name is holding us back it can't be my much.
Romara 28 Sep @ 10:43am 
The name, like the game is fine. Great even!
Thanks for your hard work Devs! I'm getting a few homies together this weekend to play!
Conky 28 Sep @ 11:41am 
The cover art is awful looking. But the dev responded to my negative review by telling me I was supposed to know what the game was about from seeing the art.

Last edited by Conky; 28 Sep @ 11:48am
󠀡󠀡 28 Sep @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Conky:
You don't need to try to gatekeep forums. They are literally here for everyone.
I know, it's just funny how you still try to get attention with your ridiculous reviews and comments
Players who genuinely just didn't like the game don't look like that
Conky 28 Sep @ 11:54am 
Originally posted by 󠀡󠀡:
You don't need to try to gatekeep forums. They are literally here for everyone.
I know, it's just funny how you still try to get attention with your ridiculous reviews and comments
Players who genuinely just didn't like the game don't look like that

That's cool, I guess. Most players don't display sycophantic behaviour towards games. You do you. I'll block you now.
The cover art is awful looking. But the dev responded to my negative review by telling me I was supposed to know what the game was about from seeing the art.
Are you the person who was upset about the hoverboard?/g I felt matt was fairly justified in that one to be honest
Conky 28 Sep @ 3:36pm 
Originally posted by chihiro fujisaki:
Are you the person who was upset about the hoverboard?/g I felt matt was fairly justified in that one to be honest

Cool story. This thread has a topic and while I am happy you like to talk about me I'm not the topic.
Originally posted by mattlarrabee:
Naming is hard! Most names are taken. It was this or Cloudbreak and asking around people preferred this. As far as success, with this title we managed to get a jackfrags video which is about as much success as an indie FPS dev can hope for! So if the name is holding us back it can't be my much.

My point being is it is by sheer chance that I found this game. I played TFC competitively back in the day, I have one of the oldest steam accounts that there is, this game is for me. I gamed during the era when games were like this. It fills that hole that TFC left a long long long time ago. But yet its by complete luck that I even found it, thats what im trying to say. There's people out there like me that are not going to find this, you are loosing sales and honestly this game brings me sheer joy. I would hate to deny old school gamers that. To put more specifically, I will buy anything that reminds me of TFC, anything that involves flying around with air control and shooting people. I didn't see that when I first saw this game nor even cared to look more into it because it looked so generic from the name and cover art.
Last edited by DRunkCoWBoy; 28 Sep @ 6:30pm
I get the name complaint, but the cover is a spaceman riding a hoverboard shooting a gun with a hammer on his back. That's gonna HELP sell copies right there
The name became an inside joke between and a few friends because we could spend 5 mins trying to memorize the name, just to forget it 2 mins later.
Originally posted by Excellent Man:
I think it's naive to assume the success of a title relies solely on it's branding or advertising...

What reality do you live in? Marketing and presentations is enough to make or break game.
Originally posted by Reupholstered Vagina:
Originally posted by Excellent Man:

What reality do you live in? Marketing and presentations is enough to make or break game.

100% correct
< >
Showing 1-15 of 41 comments
Per page: 1530 50