Echo Point Nova

Echo Point Nova

Преглед на статистиките:
 Тази тема е прикачена, така че сигурно е важна
Ideas and requests thread!
Hi everyone,

Got an idea for a new mechanic, or would you like something adjusted, or a new menu option? Post about it here!

You can also make a new topic if you prefer, but some people just prefer commenting in a going thread.

Thanks!

-Matt
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 48 коментара
Destiny 2 style Revolver/Hand Cannon (ace of spades), Scroll Wheel speed adjustments.
I think you should add a reward for flipping, (I know about the points system in the roadmap), but what I mean is maybe adrenaline-like affects for 1-2 sec after completing a flip? Also some kind of grenade (outside of the launcher) would be really cool
matt  [разработчик] 24 септ. в 9:50 
Първоначално публикувано от Private:
I think you should add a reward for flipping, (I know about the points system in the roadmap), but what I mean is maybe adrenaline-like affects for 1-2 sec after completing a flip? Also some kind of grenade (outside of the launcher) would be really cool

there is a perk which gives extra dmg while in flip! also did you find the nade in tutorial?
A few things (sorry if this is long but I've played the demo for like 10 hours so I have a lot I want to say, also if any of this is in the game already mb):

1. Weapon attachments could use some tweaking. Lots are either largely unimpactful, unfitting, or even detrimental at times; with the relatively small size of the benefit they provide I don't think the extended barrels or silencers need a drawback, especially since extended barrels can already throw off your muscle memory by causing you to overlead shots. Not sure how enemy detection works in this game, but with how often you end up switching weapons you're going to be probably using louder weapons frequently enough to draw enemy attention regardless of how the silencers work. In the case of the shotgun specifically it seems awkward as if you're in shotgun range you probably already have the attention of a lot of enemies, I'm assuming the shotgun still having a silencer despite it being an awkward fit is just a holdover from how the silencer worked in the demo. Also while the double tap attachment is cool, it would be nice if you could cancel the second shot by weapon switching both because it would prevent wasting ammo and because in the current version if you switch away while holding the shotgun you will still fire the second shot while holding another weapon which looks jank as hell.

On the more extreme end, I find myself rarely using the scope because weapon accuracy isn't much of an issue; maybe for scoped weapons aiming down the sight could make the shots hitscan (or even just move a bit faster) , which could help with people who struggle to lead their shots (funnily enough I think I'm actually better with projectiles so it doesn't matter too much to me but it might help some others).

2. It would be nice if you could equip multiple powers at once, maybe two at max, but regardless it would open up the door to a lot of cool potential combos later down the line (like shooting an enemy into the air with the wind power then throwing a nade at the vortex to launch it up at the enemy). Not sure if they would share the same resource or have different bars.

3. More directional movement options would be cool. As it stands it feels a lot of the speed I can build doesn't have too much purpose in firefights where you frequently have to change directions, so having more ways to conserve momentum while turning would be nice. For example you could have a perk which makes it so that the grappling hook redirects your momentum in the direction you shoot it, or even changes the grappling hook so that it allows you to swing around instead of pulling you in (maybe have a seperate bind? IDK)

4. Sloped surfaces handle speed in a weird way, and this is especially true with tunnels. You can partially clip into the ground in areas that are heavily sloped and large enough to build lots of speed (the empty desert comes to mind) because the game seems to process you moving faster than it corrects your angle upon hitting a slope. Some of these issues might be fixed by allowing the hoverboard to stick to surfaces more, plus that would allow me to ride upside down too (please I beg of you I would literally trade world peace for the ability to do loop-de-loops in the path to the tomb)

5. Having the chatboxes from story characters pop up on the side of the screen rather than in a static point in the world would be nice, there were a lot of times where I stopped what I was doing because I wanted to read something in a place I zipped past at first. Assuming there might have been a few things I missed too (if messages are location dependent, which they might not be judging by the "no new messages" thing)

6. It would be nice if there was a perk for faster weapon swapping (assuming there probably is and I haven't found it, if so nevermind)

Thank you so much if you read to the end, been loving the game so far and I appreciate the hard work you all put in :)
Not sure if it's a technical limitation but it might be nice if faster firing variations of weapons had more ammo. For example the revolver is way more ammo efficient than other pistols because the pistols have the same amount of max ammo.
matt  [разработчик] 24 септ. в 14:01 
Първоначално публикувано от PuzzlePrez:
A few things (sorry if this is long but I've played the demo for like 10 hours so I have a lot I want to say, also if any of this is in the game already mb):

1. Weapon attachments could use some tweaking. Lots are either largely unimpactful, unfitting, or even detrimental at times; with the relatively small size of the benefit they provide I don't think the extended barrels or silencers need a drawback, especially since extended barrels can already throw off your muscle memory by causing you to overlead shots. Not sure how enemy detection works in this game, but with how often you end up switching weapons you're going to be probably using louder weapons frequently enough to draw enemy attention regardless of how the silencers work. In the case of the shotgun specifically it seems awkward as if you're in shotgun range you probably already have the attention of a lot of enemies, I'm assuming the shotgun still having a silencer despite it being an awkward fit is just a holdover from how the silencer worked in the demo. Also while the double tap attachment is cool, it would be nice if you could cancel the second shot by weapon switching both because it would prevent wasting ammo and because in the current version if you switch away while holding the shotgun you will still fire the second shot while holding another weapon which looks jank as hell.

On the more extreme end, I find myself rarely using the scope because weapon accuracy isn't much of an issue; maybe for scoped weapons aiming down the sight could make the shots hitscan (or even just move a bit faster) , which could help with people who struggle to lead their shots (funnily enough I think I'm actually better with projectiles so it doesn't matter too much to me but it might help some others).

2. It would be nice if you could equip multiple powers at once, maybe two at max, but regardless it would open up the door to a lot of cool potential combos later down the line (like shooting an enemy into the air with the wind power then throwing a nade at the vortex to launch it up at the enemy). Not sure if they would share the same resource or have different bars.

3. More directional movement options would be cool. As it stands it feels a lot of the speed I can build doesn't have too much purpose in firefights where you frequently have to change directions, so having more ways to conserve momentum while turning would be nice. For example you could have a perk which makes it so that the grappling hook redirects your momentum in the direction you shoot it, or even changes the grappling hook so that it allows you to swing around instead of pulling you in (maybe have a seperate bind? IDK)

4. Sloped surfaces handle speed in a weird way, and this is especially true with tunnels. You can partially clip into the ground in areas that are heavily sloped and large enough to build lots of speed (the empty desert comes to mind) because the game seems to process you moving faster than it corrects your angle upon hitting a slope. Some of these issues might be fixed by allowing the hoverboard to stick to surfaces more, plus that would allow me to ride upside down too (please I beg of you I would literally trade world peace for the ability to do loop-de-loops in the path to the tomb)

5. Having the chatboxes from story characters pop up on the side of the screen rather than in a static point in the world would be nice, there were a lot of times where I stopped what I was doing because I wanted to read something in a place I zipped past at first. Assuming there might have been a few things I missed too (if messages are location dependent, which they might not be judging by the "no new messages" thing)

6. It would be nice if there was a perk for faster weapon swapping (assuming there probably is and I haven't found it, if so nevermind)

Thank you so much if you read to the end, been loving the game so far and I appreciate the hard work you all put in :)

some good idea in here, thanks!
Първоначално публикувано от matt:
Първоначално публикувано от PuzzlePrez:

some good idea in here, thanks!

Should clarify about the multiple powers thing: I more meant having different inputs rather than swapping through the weapon wheel or cycling like you do currently, just because it kills the pace slightly, realised I might have came across as not knowing about the switching system.
I might've missed it in the menu, but could we have an option to disable flipping?
matt  [разработчик] 24 септ. в 14:58 
Първоначално публикувано от medibite:
I might've missed it in the menu, but could we have an option to disable flipping?

i think its in camera settings, in graphics menu.
i think its in camera settings, in graphics menu.
Ahh forgot about that section after setting FOV. Thanks and great game btw!
Absolutely loving the game!! Apologies if these are already in the game and I missed it...but I think it could be neat to have a compass in the HUD, and be able to set waypoints or points of interest from the map.
there is a perk which gives extra dmg while in flip! also did you find the nade in tutorial?

What about a perk that plays the Tony Hawk special trick noise when you do a flip :D
Loving it so far! Especially the grapple, feels like all the gripes I had early in the DEMO days got addressed. At the moment one thing I want is an option for motion blur intensity. I like having it on in games this fast but it seems to get blurry too easily. Just walking causes a noticeable amount.
I think an endless mode or a wave based island would be great to add in. also you could make it like a city type based i think it would be fun to swing around buildings. overall great game.
< >
Показване на 1-15 от 48 коментара
На страница: 1530 50

Дата на публикуване: 24 септ. в 6:24
Публикации: 48