Source Filmmaker

Source Filmmaker

Poster file keeps getting corrupted?
I keep trying to export as a poster, and for some reason everytime i try to open it with things like ms libre or any other image viewing software it says the file is damaged and can't be repaired. I also can't figure out how to save it as a png or pdf instead of whatever the hell this file type is, and im wondering if that's part of the problem. Any fixes?
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Can you explain it more?
Zappy 3 Jul @ 12:53am 
Originally posted by CrusadeToaster4:
I keep trying to export as a poster, and for some reason everytime i try to open it with things like ms libre or any other image viewing software it says the file is damaged and can't be repaired. -
I don't know why you're having a problem like that... but seeing as "poster" exports break certain effects anyway (motion blur, bloom, flex decay, et cetera), you should try exporting it as an "image" instead. That exports what's currently in the viewport, so if the viewport looks correct, then an "image" export will look correct too.

To do an "image" export, follow these steps:

- Right-click the viewport, choose "Render Settings", and set it up as you want.
- Switch to the Clip Editor, and have the scene (non-"work") camera active.
- Stay still in time, and wait for the bottom-right sample counter to loop back to "Sample: 1 of X".
- Click "File" > "Export" > "Image...", and save it with ".png" at the end of the filename, or click "File" > "Export" > "Image to Clipboard", open an image editor, paste it, and save it from there.

This will export what's currently in the viewport (hence why you should wait for it to sample first), at the resolution set in "File" > "Export" > "Movie...".

The last bit means that to use a resolution above 1280x720, you should follow these instructions:

- Right-click Source Filmmaker in your Steam library.
- Choose "Properties...", and look at the "Launch Options" area.
- Make sure that "-sfm_resolution X" is present (without quotes), with X being 720 (the default) for exports up to 1280x720, 1080 for up to 1920x1080, or 2160 for up to 3840x2160.
- Reboot Source Filmmaker and load the session. (Ignore any "window too small" warnings.)
- Click "File" > "Export" > "Movie...", choose the resolution that you want, and click "Cancel".
- Save the session, and then reload the session (to avoid a possible crash).
- Follow the above instructions to do an image export.
- Optionally change the "movie" resolution back to 1280x720 and save the session.
- Change the "-sfm_resolution X" launch option to have 720 as the number. (Higher values reduce performance while working, so it's best to only use higher values for exports.)

It may sound like a lot, but it really boils down to just "set up settings, wait, export".
oh nvm i sort of fixed. I exported it as a poster bc when i export as an image it doesn't show up in my folders. I just took the weird truevision poster file and converted it to a pdf in zamzar. Problem solved. Thanks tho!
Wait you export it to as image? You should add ".png" at the end of the poster/file's name. It will work
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 2 Jul @ 4:25pm