Dragon Age™: The Veilguard

Dragon Age™: The Veilguard

Discussion sessions are so toxic
so many people are fighting each other over things that always has a little part of dragon age and not a single DA fan would care

the game is not even out and people out here started their conspiracy illusion
just grow up
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
I agree and also I love your name <3
Lev 17 Aug @ 2:57am 
Sadly, it's how the Steam forums are now. I'm guessing moderation is spread way too thin so it's become the place to troll for a certain group of people. It's the same thing in a lot of game forums—woke this, DEI that. Over and over and over. It's fascinating to see how conspiracy theories can grip a large number of people and trick them into thinking they're enlightened, but it completely drowns out any kind of meaningful discussion about whatever video game the board is for.
so no matter how reasonable 80% of the criticism of this game is, you dismiss it because 20% of it is politically motivated by chuds?

I'm all for inclusivity and there is nothing wrong with that. pillars of eternity has good characters and companions. bg3, divinity 2 da:o do also.

Idc about the skin color or sexual preferences of the characters. I'm wondering why they felt the need to change this game into a generic and soulless hero movie.
There has been some reasonable and fair criticisms, but yes a lot of it is just trolls glzing which has been funny asf
Omen3608 17 Aug @ 4:38am 
Originally posted by Lev:
Sadly, it's how the Steam forums are now. I'm guessing moderation is spread way too thin so it's become the place to troll for a certain group of people. It's the same thing in a lot of game forums—woke this, DEI that. Over and over and over. It's fascinating to see how conspiracy theories can grip a large number of people and trick them into thinking they're enlightened, but it completely drowns out any kind of meaningful discussion about whatever video game the board is for.
I actually have to commend the moderation team that is active on this game hub. They are generally quick to react given the speed this forum has been moving over the past days.

Steam moderation has to be fair though and take player's concerns seriously. Just banning people for hating on the game wouldn't be productive as it would be purely based on personal bias, that is why there are a set of rules for everyone to follow, users as well as moderators.

Now, of course every developer can run their game hub as they see fit and introduce "house rules", but this is seldomly done as Steam's framework is already a very sound basis to work on.

I totally agree to your "fascination" of seeing conspiracy theorists in action and are bothered just as much as you are, but in the end we are paying way less then they are. We struggle to have a constructive conversation for a while, while they will hate what they hate forever and in the end their approach is more detrimental to themselves than to others.
Originally posted by REITERPALLASCH:
- Art style radically changed
- Removal of companion control
- Only 2 companions at a time
- Only 3 active abilities for player and companions
- EVERY companion to be pansexual, erasing straight characters.
- Removal of Blood Magic
- DIVERSE new cast (99% white males erased from trailer) for the modern audience
- Pronoun nonsense.
- Extremely WOKE Game Director who is politically active and identifies as "Queerosexual Gendermancer."
- Game director bend on making the game "inherently very queer."
- Double standard on nudity (full junk), even in romance scenes. (meanwhile, anime boobs are bad, but our progressive body type B boob slider is good!).
- A "melanin slider"
- Heavy use of consultants for representation

Good to know cheers.
Omen3608 17 Aug @ 5:19am 
Originally posted by Сааребас:
... My primary issue with your post is not what you say or think per se, but you just make blank statements without providing a source for absolute statements. ...
My main issue with their post is that it is just a COPY/PASTE JOB that is being spammed all over the forum. There is no personal opinon involved.
BaTHoRy 17 Aug @ 5:39am 
Originally posted by The Slow Arrow:
so many people are fighting each other over things that always has a little part of dragon age and not a single DA fan would care

just grow up
you are right most people don't care or aren't even aware of the "issues", that doesn't mean people can't complain or use "discussions" to discuss. Why try to censorship if your arguments are strong and valid?
Omen3608 17 Aug @ 5:49am 
I've seen it before, but thought this was the appropriate moment to state my opinion about it. Having had a few beers helps with that :D
I'm not on twiter/X (or FB for that matter) because it is a cesspool of grifters, the same can be said about YT but there it's easier to ignore it.
Have seen the name Grummz on this forum before but honestly I don't care what he or she thinks.

The only way we can try to come to a compromise is through honest discussion and stating obvious falsehoods is not the way.
A discussion should be about exchanging opinions/idea's.
We're not training to become lawyers.
You know I agree with you on the discussion part, that's the only reason I wanted to bring the spammy nature of the post to your attention. It can be frustrating answering in good faith just to find out later you've wasted your time on a human bot.
Omen3608 17 Aug @ 7:13am 
I know you're answering in good faith and appreciate your efforts.
Am thankful for your positive contribution in this forum even though we it seems we may not always agree.
Also flattered you acknowledge my attempts as good faith :), but this comment was not specifically directed at the person I quoted.
Rather it was for everyone willing to read my comment, as a rebuttal.
As you know, I'm against DEI/(neo)woke activism but this is not helping anyone.
I think of myself as a fan of the franchise and want it to succeed.
Sure we can critique or disagree but in the end I believe most people mean well, even though their comments/actions may not reflect that (I'm guilty of that aswell).

Anyways, to end this rambling :D, I appreciate heads up.
That's totally fine and banging heads can be fun and constructive if it is done in a respectful way. There are definitely things you would consider to be DEI that I don't like either, it's just that I don't think of it in such a way, as I avoid categorization if possible. You are proof that it's possible to differentiate, but for some people it leads to the one way rant road we've been seeing here for the last days.
criffyzou 17 Aug @ 7:35am 

just grow up
Are you in the game, Felassan ? You can tell us, we'll keep your secret.
Originally posted by criffyzou:
can you imagine though... oh my god I need Felassan and Lavellan to talk so bad.
I read the book

Originally posted by criffyzou:

just grow up
i read the book and it was pretty obvious that felassan is dead, Fen'Harel killed him. but i'm a huge fan for return of that character

so much knowledge and stories he knew about DreadWolf, thanks to patrick weekes for amazing stories though
Last edited by The Slow Arrow; 17 Aug @ 3:38pm
My guess is they're all desperately seeking the approval and attention of the anti-woke, ragebait YT crowd. They do this everywhere. Forums, comment sections, twitter threads, you can't get away from it. A squirrel could run an acorn up a tree and they'd find a way to complain about DEI and wokeness.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50