Artis Impact

Artis Impact

Crimson_Zero 17 Oct, 2022 @ 2:29pm
Some initial feedback
I've been following the posts on this game for awhile on the Reddit Forums. So, when I saw a Demo was available I knew I needed to take a look.

For the positives:
First of all, the attention and detail put into this game is fantastic. You can easily see the care put into the majority of this content, and I'm sure it will only get better with time. The fact that just about everything is custom really allows this game to shine.

I actually laughed when I read the developer comment on using the elevator VS taking the stairs in the subway section. (I then took the elevator)

Even in the demo, exploring finds extra content, which is extremely appreciated.

The comic panel style scenes add so much to the story as well.

For the negatives:
Like another topic in this forum, I've been having issues with crashes as well. After reloading from a death, I found the game crashing when entering the hole in the Maze. I had one or two other crashes afterwards.

I've also had the game hang multiple times at the victory screen. Doing Alt-Tab will usually allow it to proceed, though it may take a couple tries.

I'm assuming the above issues are due to plugin incompatibilities as I haven't personally seen these issues before with other MV created games. Using Windows 10 as well, btw.

Small points:
When walking towards the market for the first time. The officer and civilians conversation kinda gets in the way of the scene.

When giving the sandwich away the MC's comment is somewhat awkward. Might be intentional though.

Some area transitions, like the market to the subway are difficult to make out. You do find it eventually, but even with knowing it was there, I still found it a bit difficult to access on another playthrough.

With all the extra Death points in the Maze and the crashes I've experiences there, I find myself wishing for an autosave system.

In conclusion, I still need to defeat the Alpha plant, but the game looks amazing so far. May you find success with it.
Last edited by Crimson_Zero; 17 Oct, 2022 @ 2:42pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Mas  [developer] 17 Oct, 2022 @ 7:00pm 
Thank you very much for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Thanks for letting me know about the crashes & hang too! It's really unfortunate. I have no idea what might be causing these as I personally don't encounter these issues on my playtest, so I'm scratching my head here. (Probably need to hire/look for experts to investigate this on my side)

Do you also have the same error page as the Cierroth's (another user's bug report) ? Or did the game just shut itself?

All in all, I will need to look into the crashes issue in the near future, as this is really concerning.

Once again, thank you for taking your time to let me know & the feedback!!
Crimson_Zero 17 Oct, 2022 @ 9:32pm 
I didn't notice any error pages. Just the game crashing to desktop. It's possible that I missed it though.

Out of curiosity, did you also test the Demo .exe version? Or were you running it from the creation software? As there may be a difference between the two. I've read of issues if "exclude unused files" is enabled for the deployment process for example.

In any case, I'm looking forward to buying and playing the finished project. Good luck hunting those bugs!

*Update: I've now been able to get it to crash twice in the same place by doing the following. Die in the Maze, continue (without quiting) my saved game from after the subway incident. When I get to the point of falling into the Maze again it crashed.
Last edited by Crimson_Zero; 17 Oct, 2022 @ 10:19pm
Mas  [developer] 17 Oct, 2022 @ 11:37pm 
I see, I have mostly tested it from the creation software itself. That might explain it!

Thanks for the extra information! Yeah, I also just got it to crash in the Maze after dying once. I will try my best to fix it asap.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 17 Oct, 2022 @ 2:29pm