Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Life is Strange: Double Exposure

Why does the game cost 50$
like genuinely i cant fathom it, whats even more messed up that LiS games were usually all around 20-30$ price range which seems fair since you can only really play it once all the way through and never touch it again. Cant excuse it for the graphics since the series has long lost its watercolor artstyle which requires more work then what they currently are doing (just some basic looking game with nothing interesting going on). Im going to be even more mad if this game turns out to be trash and it costs 30$ more then the first game :orccaptain:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
rmsgrey 9 Jul @ 3:25pm 
Because they've got to cover the cost of licensing Denuvo?
Yeah, people usually look at me weird when I explain I'm spending like around 50 or 100 dollars just on a game lol (still worth it)
Blame Square "NFT" Enix

They're the geniuses who also thought it was a great idea to:
- have a $80 "ultimate" edition with a 2 week early access bonus
- sell a $50 "collector's box" that doesn't even include a copy of the game... not even a game code to activate on Steam/Playstation/Xbox
money grab
Jaxx 27 Jul @ 3:42am 
Greed?
Targonis 27 Jul @ 3:55am 
Originally posted by 󠁳⁧⁧ Frenzy:
like genuinely i cant fathom it, whats even more messed up that LiS games were usually all around 20-30$ price range which seems fair since you can only really play it once all the way through and never touch it again. Cant excuse it for the graphics since the series has long lost its watercolor artstyle which requires more work then what they currently are doing (just some basic looking game with nothing interesting going on). Im going to be even more mad if this game turns out to be trash and it costs 30$ more then the first game :orccaptain:
Development costs have gone up over the years, or haven't you noticed that the cost of electricity and everything else has gone up. Do you think the people doing the work should be getting paid $30,000 per year or something? It will generally cost millions of dollars to develop a game, and even with a large fan base, it still isn't something that is being done on the cheap.
Development costs went up because COVID in 2020, symptom of prices going up everywhere. $100k salary isn't the same today than it was in 2015, when the first game was released.
Originally posted by Targonis:
Development costs have gone up over the years, or haven't you noticed that the cost of electricity and everything else has gone up

Yeah, everyone is feeling that, not just game companies. It doesn't mean they need to overprice their games. Lots of "indie" games that look better than this cost less and is worth more than its asking price.

This? just looks overpriced. Could have been $30-$35+ (+tax) but it's $50+tax (so around $53-ish bucks) not only that but it comes with a "Deluxe" and "Ultimate" edition.

And what do you get with the Ultimate Edition? Chapters 1 and 2 two weeks early (how many Chapters does the game have and why only two early? no others?) and a bunch of other stuff (especially Cat content) to FOMO people?

Originally posted by SoulSteppe:
Development costs went up because COVID in 2020

Everything went up. People need to spend their money wisely, but these companies keep overpricing their games (especially knowing some people will still buy it, the rich/sheep instead of waiting for a sale) which screws everyone else over.

Why not let anyone and everyone that pre-orders it, the 2 weeks early action? why must people be "forced" to buy that edition just to play early or to get certain goodies? instead of just having one Edition that includes everything?

Don't need to respond, I said what I had to. And both of you already bought the game so lol y'all won't understand.
Targonis 27 Jul @ 8:32am 
Originally posted by ᴠᴇʟɴs:
Development costs have gone up over the years, or haven't you noticed that the cost of electricity and everything else has gone up

Yeah, everyone is feeling that, not just game companies. It doesn't mean they need to overprice their games. Lots of "indie" games that look better than this cost less and is worth more than its asking price.

This? just looks overpriced. Could have been $30-$35+ (+tax) but it's $50+tax (so around $53-ish bucks) not only that but it comes with a "Deluxe" and "Ultimate" edition.

And what do you get with the Ultimate Edition? Chapters 1 and 2 two weeks early (how many Chapters does the game have and why only two early? no others?) and a bunch of other stuff (especially Cat content) to FOMO people?

Development costs went up because COVID in 2020

Everything went up. People need to spend their money wisely, but these companies keep overpricing their games (especially knowing some people will still buy it, the rich/sheep instead of waiting for a sale) which screws everyone else over.

Why not let anyone and everyone that pre-orders it, the 2 weeks early action? why must people be "forced" to buy that edition just to play early or to get certain goodies? instead of just having one Edition that includes everything?

Don't need to respond, I said what I had to. And both of you already bought the game so lol y'all won't understand.

When a publisher sets the price, they have to be conservative in their estimates for game sales, so they have to expect lower sales numbers, and that means higher initial prices for the launch period. You can wait six months or more after launch for the price to come down.
YanH 9 Aug @ 11:34pm 
You can wait six months or more after launch for the price to come down.
it will be already sailing on open sea at that time
Originally posted by ꉔꏂ꒐꒒ꇙ:
When a publisher sets the price, they have to be conservative in their estimates for game sales, so they have to expect lower sales numbers, and that means higher initial prices for the launch period.

You can wait six months or more after launch for the price to come down.

Nah. Look at a game like "Indika" which is $25 and then look at this one. Unless if what you speak is the truth (I want to see it as a fact/proof somewhere) I'll keep following what I know.

They just wanted to sell it at a higher price, especially to make the other Editions cost even more (they always go from $50/$60+ Standard, $70/$80+ Special/Deluxe Editions and then your $100+ Ultimate Editions) for more money.

I see that they changed their Ultimate Edition's Price from $100+tax to $80+tax now. Why didn't they make that version $70+? anyways. I wonder how many people bought it for $100+....

And no, the price for the base game or so won't be going down. Look at Life is Strange: True Colors lol still at $60+ (without the current sale) and that came out in 2021. Look at that game's Editions lol.
take a look at LiS 1, the price is 20 $ which in my opinion is the standard for these types of games, even LiS 2 is around 30$ and that game is constantly on sale for cheap anyway so its even more worth it. whats the point of these sales if the game is going to cost the same amount as the earlier titles (looking at you true colors, just buy the game from key sites since it was included in humble bundle and its cheap)

they set the ultimate editions price high so they can justify adding early access to it and people will feel fomo and they can use them for profit. which begs the question will the edition cost the same amount even after launch (probably). not that it adds anything noteworthy either, just some outfits that look mid and well cat content and that just seems really random that they had to implement because square enix wanted content for the ultimate edition. im just not happy with these prices because you only replay the game like 2 times before it loses its charm, there isnt any replayability so why is it priced like AAA game even tho it isnt.
Great games like this one cost alot to make so support the good ones.

Just Hope that this one is as good as the series from deck 9.
Originally posted by Hawk Firestorm:
Great games like this one cost alot to make so support the good ones.

Just Hope that this one is as good as the series from deck 9.
this game is not worth the price they are as asking and most triple AAA games now a days arent worth half what they are asking.
Last edited by Deathtome; 20 Aug @ 5:44pm
Dura_Ace 21 Aug @ 4:40am 
Development costs went up because COVID in 2020, symptom of prices going up everywhere. $100k salary isn't the same today than it was in 2015, when the first game was released.
Only you buy that. I dont.

If anything, development costs went down as people stayed at home and were not distracted at the water cooler.

Greed is what drove most of the price increases and we now see how our own governments are incapable of reigning in greedy multi-nationals. Up to 1/3 of the actual price increases attributed to covid were based on price gauging. Reputable universities have released studies that tracked the meteoric price increases and a large portion of that is down to corporate greed.
Cat 22 Aug @ 4:52am 
Because they shoe horned max into the game so people will throw their moneys to buy it without a second thought.

:summercat2023:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50