Wandering Sword

Wandering Sword

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 8:24am
Possible Fix for Xbox one/360 Controllers
I know the devs are giving the default answer on how to fix the buggy controls for those of us who are having or had issues.
When I initially started a new game, all of my controls on the Xbox one wireless controller were backwards...

I checked a recent thread and the default answer was to disable all the controller inputs in the global steam Settings.
Instead of doing that I quit the game, right clicked the game name and went to
Properties > Controller, and used the "Override for Wandering Sword" set to: Disable Steam Input.
That should show everything as Disabled per-game overide (all controllers).

Then I went to the global steam Settings > Controller > "External Gamepad Settings", the only one checked to the right is Enable Steam Input for Xbox Controllers.

After relaunching the game the controls worked as they are supposed to.
Not sure if it'll work for everyone but can't hurt to try!

################################
tl;dr
Quit game. Right click game: Properties > Controller, use "Override for Wandering Sword" set to: Disable Steam Input.
Shows everything: Disabled per-game overide (all controllers).

Go, global steam Settings > Controller > "External Gamepad Settings"
Checked right: Enable Steam Input for Xbox Controllers.

Relaunch game, check controls.
Last edited by Zleven; 15 Sep, 2023 @ 7:17pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Boondock 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:36pm 
thanks for trying! but this didnt work for me
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:42pm 
Originally posted by Boondock:
thanks for trying! but this didnt work for me
Dang :(
AH-1 Cobra 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:42pm 
It doesn't matter which type of controller I use, or whether the steam input is enabled or disabled, the same problems occur.

Xbox One
Dual Sense 5
Switch Pro
8 bit do ultimate (recognized as an xbox controller)

None of these work. So, this issue isn't specific to certain controllers, but to all of them.
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:45pm 
Originally posted by AH-1 Cobra:
It doesn't matter which type of controller I use, or whether the steam input is enabled or disabled, the same problems occur.

Xbox One
Dual Sense 5
Switch Pro
8 bit do ultimate (recognized as an xbox controller)

None of these work. So, this issue isn't specific to certain controllers, but to all of them.
Well then I hope whatever fix they come out with that doesnt require steam input is a permanent one. Pretty crazy you tried so many different controllers and it doesnt work for all 😫
AH-1 Cobra 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:48pm 
Remapping the buttons might work if you manually mapped keyboard keys onto the controller buttons, and WASD onto the joystick, but the end user shouldn't have to do that in a game that's supposed to have controller support. Also, I would have to remap the mouse to the right joystick, and this would make it clunky at best.

I'm not in too big of a hurry, but I do expect them to get this fixed before 2 weeks is up, or I'm going to have to request a refund.
Last edited by AH-1 Cobra; 15 Sep, 2023 @ 1:51pm
projectmayhem 15 Sep, 2023 @ 4:29pm 
Worked for me, much thanks!
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 4:30pm 
Originally posted by projectmayhem:
Worked for me, much thanks!
Well at least 1 person! 😊 Unfortunately for the rest of our peeps, its a weird issue...
artofwar 15 Sep, 2023 @ 4:53pm 
Chiming in to say this worked for me, too. Thanks.
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:00pm 
Originally posted by artofwar:
Chiming in to say this worked for me, too. Thanks.
Awesome! hopefully the devs can find out where the bug is, if this is working for xbox controllers. and then correlate it to others.
xxx RIP xxx 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:07pm 
About to buy this until i realize that controllers does not work. Hope they fix it soon. Such a promising game hamper by a controller issue. What a pity. :conwayfacepalm:
Knate 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:08pm 
The fix worked for me. (xbox controller)
Disabled steam input in the games properties, made sure the steam properties for controller was set to external and it now works as its supposed to. Never had to do this for any other game though
Last edited by Knate; 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:09pm
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:14pm 
Originally posted by Knate:
The fix worked for me. (xbox controller)
Disabled steam input in the games properties, made sure the steam properties for controller was set to external and it now works as its supposed to. Never had to do this for any other game though
3 by my horrible count so far. Im just glad it works. This upcoming update from the devs might change that, so be on the lookout.
Aerowind 15 Sep, 2023 @ 5:18pm 
It's definitely controller related. I had to switch to my xbox series x controller to get the thing to work (and still needed the fix then). I managed to get the buttons properly arranged on my playstation controller, but the stick didn't work.
76561199528712385 15 Sep, 2023 @ 7:30pm 
Hey everyone! Thanks for chiming in on this and massive thanks to Zleven for proposing a workaround!

I'm glad to hear that some of our users with Xbox Controllers managed to get past the issue with this and I understand the frustration of the rest. The developers are working hard and are fixing the issue as fast as they can! We will update here the moment we get any details.

We ask that you continue to be patient and give us your support while we address this issue.

Cheers,
DC
Zleven 15 Sep, 2023 @ 7:35pm 
Originally posted by SpiralUpGames - DavidC:
Hey everyone! Thanks for chiming in on this and massive thanks to Zleven for proposing a workaround!

I'm glad to hear that some of our users with Xbox Controllers managed to get past the issue with this and I understand the frustration of the rest. The developers are working hard and are fixing the issue as fast as they can! We will update here the moment we get any details.

We ask that you continue to be patient and give us your support while we address this issue.

Cheers,
DC
Thanks for continuing to check this ongoing issue. 😮
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50