Another Crab's Treasure

Another Crab's Treasure

View Stats:
GPU temp
Running this on an RTX2060, is it supposed to get my GPU to 80C?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Brma 11 Sep @ 7:36am 
I had to turn all my settings on lowest cuz it did the same to mine.
80C is in the range of your GPU at high loads.
Meow Seb 11 Sep @ 9:18am 
Originally posted by Mr Matt Dude:
80C is in the range of your GPU at high loads.
How is this game a high load
the RTX2060 was low end in 2019, you can't still expect to run the latest games in 2024 at their highest settings with that card...
Meow Seb 11 Sep @ 10:00am 
the RTX2060 was low end in 2019, you can't still expect to run the latest games in 2024 at their highest settings with that card...
Man I'm tired of hearing that unfounded argument.

1. The 2060 was a mid range GPU, not 'low end" back then.
2. The system requirements list a "Nvidia GTX 970 or equivalent", a card 5 years older than mine, I don't see those high end 2024 GPUs I supposedly need in there.
3. I run a lot of modern games just fine, you can't freaking tell me Another Crab's Treasure is as demanding as the just released Space Marine 2.

Last edited by Meow Seb; 11 Sep @ 10:03am
Not many people would agree that the 2060 was "mid range". It's the cheapest of the 2000 series and it wasn't much more powerful than a 1070, which came out in 2016.

The store page only lists the minimum requirements, which could mean anything in terms of performance since they don't specify what to expect from those specs. That's too bad and lazy of them to not list the recommended settings...

The only reason why you can play modern games "fine" is because of DLSS, which isn't implemented in this game.
Meow Seb 11 Sep @ 11:27am 
Not many people would agree that the 2060 was "mid range". It's the cheapest of the 2000 series and it wasn't much more powerful than a 1070, which came out in 2016.

The store page only lists the minimum requirements, which could mean anything in terms of performance since they don't specify what to expect from those specs. That's too bad and lazy of them to not list the recommended settings...

The only reason why you can play modern games "fine" is because of DLSS, which isn't implemented in this game.
All I'm telling you is to stop assuming things you know nothing about since you are not the one using my PC, I've had enough people on steam forums parrot the same crap you are saying and they were all wrong (the people on the Pacific Drive forums were telling me the same crap when I was complaining about temps, one update later my GPU was getting normal temps and everyone there looked stupid). Helldivers 2 doesn't have DLSS and it was just fine for example.

You still haven't answered how this game is managing to be as demanding as SM2. By your logic people need 4090s to play pixelated indie games just because they came out in the current year.

Also no ♥♥♥♥ they didn't list any "recommended settings", the minimum ones are literally the only requirements. No site or even the official site lists anything else.

I also see most people still consider it mid range after a quick search so I'm still not sure what you're on about, it's irrelevant to the situation anyway.
Last edited by Meow Seb; 11 Sep @ 11:29am
Meow Seb 11 Sep @ 11:33am 
Also wow, a quick google search shows me other people with way better PCs complaining that the game is too demanding on their GPUs/CPUs. Enough said.
Last edited by Meow Seb; 11 Sep @ 11:33am
Argument aside, whats your target fps? Are you limiting your fps via nvidia's control panel?
Loci 17 Sep @ 12:27am 
temps are 100% on you.. stop blaming games for your poor thermals/case..
lellollo 18 Oct @ 5:16pm 
Don’t listen to all these people. There is lot of ignorance about pc hardware. You gpu gest that hot because it gets used.
If you are playing without a cap for the fps and you CPU is strong enough to really push your GPU, your GPU will load itself reaching 99-100% utilization, delivering all the frames that it can deliver.
This is called Bottleneck but it’s the king of bottleneck that all PC gamers want, completely opposite is the CPU bottleneck that basically doesn’t allow your GPU to push out frames cuz you CPU is too weak.
So this means that even a 4090 that doesn’t have the proper cooling but runs at 100% utilization in this game can get 80 degrees C.
I’m really surprised by people sometimes, they really think the 2060 cannot run this game 💀
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50