Birth
Any deeper meaning to it?
I loved playing it, but i'm struggling to understand if there's anything deeper to the game. There's themes i sort of think i get, but i just cant connect the dots. The game itself is super calming and i loved both the puzzles and the world. Amazing work on the music and sound design too
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
elinor_bonifant 20 Jun, 2023 @ 12:45am 
I feel like the box under the bed suggests that the player character has done this before and will probably keep doing it. We don't know why they keep building companions. Maybe it's because they'll never be satisfied. But it makes you wonder what happened to previous versions, and what will happen to the one we've created in game.
lycheejuicebox 5 Aug, 2023 @ 6:48pm 
i thought another possibility was that the box under the bed implies that every person you've seen in the game with a partner had built theirs too
I saw some themes in this game. Overall I think so much of the game is the aesthetic. It is obvious the game designer enjoys the morbid and macabre. I am an artist and it is not my aesthetic but I can see how it is strangely beautiful through the artist’s eyes and I think that is exactly what art is for.

There is the repeated theme of couples, there are so many couples through this game. The whole game is the plot of feeling alone in a city, where paradoxically there are a lot of people. The many pairs really make that stand out.

Of course, death is a major theme in this game, from the skeleton’s to the several puzzles where you have to feed a predator some prey (usually bugs). It’s not really intended to be scary here. Death and decay is treated not as a threat as it is in many video games, but as an ever present fact in this world. It made me wonder if the game is commenting on the need for companionship even in the presence of inevitable loss. Living and building and celebrating even though every one of us is gradually succumbing to age and death.

Anyway i really liked this game.
The box under the bed contains the pictures of a bunch of the characters from the game that you interact with. So, does it mean he made them as companions and they grew apart and he makes another one, or is it something more? Did he die and is slowly populating the town trying the feel normal, but never felt complete until he made a companion for himself? I'm not completely sure... It's a good game, it just leaves a few questions unanswered :)
It's psychology. Young people in the big city learn things from each other.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50