Jumplight Odyssey

Jumplight Odyssey

Ruanek 21 Aug, 2023 @ 6:36pm
Unable to use metal extractor
I seem to be stuck unable to produce any metals. I have >200 materials and 2 metal extractors but despite prioritizing both they never get used.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Lochar 21 Aug, 2023 @ 6:41pm 
I noticed no one seems to be using mine prioritized as well
Tex 21 Aug, 2023 @ 6:43pm 
Crew gets stuck, reloading your save constantly helps avoid this.
Ruanek 21 Aug, 2023 @ 6:44pm 
I've reloaded a couple of times but no luck.
Chan 21 Aug, 2023 @ 6:57pm 
We've had some unfortunately frustrating issues pop up with crew bein' a little sluggish. Like Tex said, reloading saves avoids it. You can also try popping into Yellow Alert which puts everyone on shift.

If you haven't loaded into a new save, we'd super appreciate if you used the in-game bug reporter as well. That gives our team a lot of invaluable data to reproduce your problem and squash the bug <3
Ruanek 21 Aug, 2023 @ 7:18pm 
I just submitted a bug report. I think the issue with the first extractor was that it was probably unreachable due to being blocked by the second extractor - having some iconography for that would be helpful. The second extractor actually hadn't been built yet, but it looked like it had so I was confused about why it wasn't working. Once it was built crew started to use it but I wasn't able to move it to free up the first one because doing so would for some reason cost 730 metal.
Chan 21 Aug, 2023 @ 7:40pm 
Originally posted by Ruanek:
I just submitted a bug report. I think the issue with the first extractor was that it was probably unreachable due to being blocked by the second extractor - having some iconography for that would be helpful. The second extractor actually hadn't been built yet, but it looked like it had so I was confused about why it wasn't working. Once it was built crew started to use it but I wasn't able to move it to free up the first one because doing so would for some reason cost 730 metal.
Ah okay, cool, thank you for the context! Did you get it working now?

Another potential solution some other folks have found success in is to Disable Steam Cloud, though that might mean you'd have to start another game.
Ruanek 21 Aug, 2023 @ 7:42pm 
I'll have to start a new game, unfortunately, because while the second extractor works I can't afford to spend 700 metals to get the first one working.
Chan 21 Aug, 2023 @ 7:47pm 
I'll have to start a new game, unfortunately, because while the second extractor works I can't afford to spend 700 metals to get the first one working.
Totally understandable, let me know how you go!
Ruanek 21 Aug, 2023 @ 8:41pm 
Originally posted by Chan:

Is it intentional that it costs that much to move an extractor that cost way less to build? That feels like a bug.
Chan 21 Aug, 2023 @ 9:49pm 

Is it intentional that it costs that much to move an extractor that cost way less to build? That feels like a bug.
Usually moving things around costs ~50% of the build price. We've got some feedback that folks don't really enjoy that tax though!
Boothy 22 Aug, 2023 @ 12:19am 

Usually moving things around costs ~50% of the build price. We've got some feedback that folks don't really enjoy that tax though!

One issue with not getting 100% back when moving, is for example with the plastic fabricator, as this costs plastic to build, so if it stops working, but you don't notice till all your plastics gone, you can't rebuild, so you are now in a bit of a catch 22 (unless you luck out and find some on a mission that isn't going to be certain death i.e. the 60% missions!).
jeditt69 22 Aug, 2023 @ 12:35am 
i wasnt able to get anyone to operate any metal extractors during my gameplay
83athom 22 Aug, 2023 @ 1:33am 
One issue I find is that if you set an area to deconstruct, all of your engineers just ignore the important tasks to slowly deconstruct whatever area you set. This means if you start deconstructing the lower level to get some early resources and to actually design a layout, all of the other tasks that require an engineer to operate simply won't get done for the next half hour due to how slow and inefficient it is for them to go to the lower level

Yeah 50% is a little too high, something like 25% would be fine but like 15% to 20% would be ideal.
[LoG] Trent Kusters  [developer] 22 Aug, 2023 @ 3:07am 
Just here to say that I love this conversation, folks. Have already passed it on to our design team. This is why we're here in EA! Keep it comin!
Ruanek 22 Aug, 2023 @ 7:17am 

If that were what was going on moving the extractor should've cost roughly 10 metals, not 730. I'm not sure exactly what was happening with that but I was able to fix it by deleting the build plan and starting over. (I do agree with everyone else that losing 50% of the cost when moving things is really steep, especially in the early game when you're short on those resources you need to move things to be able to produce.)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50