Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

View Stats:
Help! Steam Deck crash
I accidentally turned on Raytracing in the settings. This crashed the game on my Deck and now it won't launch anymore. Any way to revert the setting or to get into the menu again to disable RT?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Zappy 28 Jun @ 9:52am 
Originally posted by St0rmwielder:
I accidentally turned on Raytracing in the settings. This crashed the game on my Deck and now it won't launch anymore. Any way to revert the setting or to get into the menu again to disable RT?
You can set "-launcher" as a launch option to open the game's launcher, where you can disable ray-tracing... but on Steam Deck, the launcher is still skipped while in Gaming Mode, so there are some extra steps.

- Highlight Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in your Steam Library, press the Start button to open an options menu, and choose "Properties...". Go to the "General" tab, go down to the "Launch Options" field at the bottom, press A, and type "-launcher" (without quotes). Press the B button when you're done.
- Then, press the Steam button, and choose "Power" > "Switch to Desktop" to enter Desktop Mode. Use the right touchpad to move the mouse to the "Steam" shortcut on the desktop or on the taskbar, and click on it (by pressing the touchpad or R2) to open Steam's main window.
- Launch Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (while in Desktop Mode). and the game's launcher should open.
- Hold the Steam button (to override the game's "gamepad input") and use the touchpad and R2 to click on "Settings", switch to the "Graphics" tab, and change the "Ray-traced [reflections/shadows/ambient occlusion]" drop-down lists to "Off". Click "Ok" and then "Quit".
- Close the Steam window, and double-click the "Return to Gaming Mode" shortcut on the desktop to leave Desktop Mode.

You should now be able to launch the game again.
Originally posted by Zappy:
Originally posted by St0rmwielder:
You can set "-launcher" as a launch option to open the game's launcher, where you can disable ray-tracing... but on Steam Deck, the launcher is still skipped while in Gaming Mode, so there are some extra steps.

- Highlight Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart in your Steam Library, press the Start button to open an options menu, and choose "Properties...". Go to the "General" tab, go down to the "Launch Options" field at the bottom, press A, and type "-launcher" (without quotes). Press the B button when you're done.
- Then, press the Steam button, and choose "Power" > "Switch to Desktop" to enter Desktop Mode. Use the right touchpad to move the mouse to the "Steam" shortcut on the desktop or on the taskbar, and click on it (by pressing the touchpad or R2) to open Steam's main window.
- Launch Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (while in Desktop Mode). and the game's launcher should open.
- Hold the Steam button (to override the game's "gamepad input") and use the touchpad and R2 to click on "Settings", switch to the "Graphics" tab, and change the "Ray-traced [reflections/shadows/ambient occlusion]" drop-down lists to "Off". Click "Ok" and then "Quit".
- Close the Steam window, and double-click the "Return to Gaming Mode" shortcut on the desktop to leave Desktop Mode.

You should now be able to launch the game again.

Thx! Worked through desktop mode. Could access launcher settings and disable RT from there. The game worls now :)
mikeymop 12 Jul @ 9:07pm 
I did the same thing. I was able to restore the game by "Deleting Proton Files" and starting it up.

If you had graphics settings from before the fsr3.1 update I recommend doing this. I got more consistent fps resetting to default post-upgrade.
Last edited by mikeymop; 12 Jul @ 9:07pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50