Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

View Stats:
What the heck is wrong with this game?
I paid for this game expecting a great port because Nixxes are normally pretty good, especially since its been out for some time. First of all, screen tearing even with G Sync? Second, whenever I change graphics settings the FPS plummets to around 30FPS and only a restart fixes it. DLSS Frame Generation seems completely broken and often won't won't even show in the settings menu but FSR 3 does! When it does show, it feels stuttery and introduces even more screen tearing! Very disappointing, Nixxes normally do pretty good ports
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Oh, lets not forget a bug with having Reflex on which drops FPS also. But to top it all off, when you do get things running OK with no Frame Gen, stable 80 FPS, then WHAM background loading causes something to go wrong and FPS plummets back to 30 and stays there.
specs ?
Originally posted by BlastThyName:
specs ?
RTX 4080
i5 13600k
32Gb DDR5
playing at 4K
yeah its a beast to run
it brought my i9/4070s to its knees
Originally posted by ⓀⒾⓦⒾ‰:
yeah its a beast to run
it brought my i9/4070s to its knees
Thing is it CAN run absolutely fine, 100+ FPS with full ray tracing, until one of the many glitches kick in and plummet FPS
I am done personally with this OP. I hit a "dead end" of sorts where a chunk of map would not allow me to go any further. Between the horribly optimized purple gem dimension mechanic and the ineffective map layout where you need to bounce off magnetic pads and the entire theme park lack of actual exploration and invisible walls that don't reward exploration as prior games had, this is just a mechanical nightmare.

Inb4 the tired script of everyone thanking everyone and everyone being beyond understanding and kind. This is the Saints Row Volution card of R&C Insomniac, looks like one, feels like one, does it all entirely wrong and ruined the franchise. The part that upsets me is I wanted to play this. I wanted to see where the story kept going. I have to use youtube to fill the blanks as the actual slog and what I want to enjoy from this product is not here. A grown man should not have this sort of issues for a platformer which in itself is linerar.
Supa 8 Jul @ 11:56am 
"hey guys this game runs bad why yes I play on 4k how could you tell"
Originally posted by Supa:
"hey guys this game runs bad why yes I play on 4k how could you tell"
What does this even mean?
Just came back to this game after a few months and it's broken. WTH!
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50