Nancy Drew®: Mystery of the Seven Keys

Nancy Drew®: Mystery of the Seven Keys

View Stats:
Point n click needs fixing at beginning
The option for the PnC doesn't work re tutorial. Pressing C doesn't bring camera up, can't click on middle of screen to move forward, the journal "J" seems to be the only thing working.

I did get a workaround until this hopefully is fixed and will help others out - initially select WASD movement then use it at first opportunity, then when in different area of coffee shop change back to PnC controls and it and the camera and the rest of things will work.

While a bit clunky I appreciate the devs adding this option back as the last game was the first game I couldn't buy. So being able to play it - non nausea mode is great so thanks for the option.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
heleanthia 23 Jun @ 10:16am 
oh thanks Ginger! I was wondering about that as I watched a lets play and saw that they had difficulty getting the point and click to work. I am still hoping for a sale price,as here , in Canadian dollars it's over $40 dollars...
Gingergal 24 Jun @ 12:04am 
Originally posted by heleanthia:
oh thanks Ginger! I was wondering about that as I watched a lets play and saw that they had difficulty getting the point and click to work. I am still hoping for a sale price,as here , in Canadian dollars it's over $40 dollars...

It won't work on it's own, just trying to play 'classic' mode, but classic mode is playable if you also right click and hold so you can look down and around etc. Doing the right click also makes it easier to move slightly easier - to position yourself as while doing this is still frustrating at least it is playable.

I'd say the 'classic' mode is for people like me who really can't play 'modern' mode due to nausea and wouldn't buy the game unless it has it, so either you have to have a lot of patience to play that way or just are so grateful that they've tried so can play it.

But there are timing sections - i.e the maze and if you try to play it just in classic mode - but not also using right click then there are places it would be impossible to pass or even miss something on floor etc..

I don't know why you just can't point n click and go where you want to go - in the square you have to go sideways first then straight, then keep repeating that just to go in a straight line, and navigating around the cafe is a pain.

I hope they work on it more especially for any future games.
Sigh … I agree why can’t they just have point and click like the older Nancy Drew games. I can’t stand the modern mode either ; I too get really awful motion sickness . The story looks good though ?
Yes, I enjoyed the story, and they really tried to add more suspects in than usual. It was slow at the beginning but by near the middle it speeded up - gameplay. Some puzzles are way more difficult than their usual, and retrying a bit on junior, replaying, the solutions seemed the same, even the timing lock ones (left click when the ball is the small green zone) seemed as difficult on junior as senior mode. Was at those for ages. So those that have mobility problems could get really stuck as there is no skip (as usual but these timed ones I don't remember having as many redos on any other game as this one.)

Some of the problems i.e were the mazes due to playing on classic. But the fiddly make coffee art I think you have to do at least one of these for the story line, I found that frustrating and I love the making bento boxes etc in their previous games. So it's a mixed bag not all great but still I enjoyed most of it.
Interesting ! Ooof , I dislike timed stuff .
I wish they’d have skip options … I remember even the Japan based waters edge one ; the door puzzle was so hard to do quickly , and it took me many many tries.. lol .
So I’m still on the fence, lol.
Maybe if it eventually goes on sale …:lunar2019laughingpig:
Justyn 8 Sep @ 9:21pm 
These games have always been notoriously expensive for the content delivered. Which is why I wait or buy on sale or old CD-Rom versions for super cheap. They are enjoyable to play, but it's not as rewarding as paying 40 dollars on say .... Well any game that's popular or made by a well known company... Sherlock Holmes is a good example of a well delivered product. Ample playtime and extensive story.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50