Age of Mythology: Retold

Age of Mythology: Retold

View Stats:
Zef 18 Aug @ 3:40am
Remember: No Pre-order (advanced access)
7 day early acces for almost double the price? And content that they *might release in the future, not even a deadline, simply a flimsy promise.

I'm so disgusted by these kind of business practices that my expectations of this remake are at rock bottom now.
Last edited by Zef; 18 Aug @ 3:47am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Devang 18 Aug @ 4:23am 
If this was some other franchise, sure

But I have more than enough trust in the 'Age of' dev collective

Plus the Beta was fun
Already pre-ordered. This will be fun :BITRAY_JoyCube:
Zef 18 Aug @ 6:26am 
Originally posted by Darth Vader:

You're all directly reponsible for devs getting away with these practices.

It's been a while since i've seen this level of simping.

Shame
Last edited by Zef; 18 Aug @ 6:27am
Darth Vader 18 Aug @ 7:14am 
Originally posted by Zef:
Originally posted by Darth Vader:

You're all directly reponsible for devs getting away with these practices.

It's been a while since i've seen this level of simping.

Shame
No problem. I believe that when you have a job and you get your money at the end, you have the right to spend it on whatever you want.

About the "7 day early access", this won't be the first or the last time you'll see this.

About the game, I already know what I can and can't get from it and in future updates, I don't care. At the end of the day, I'm going to play and have a lot of fun.
Rhalius 18 Aug @ 7:29am 
I pre-ordered as well, I rarely do that. Only happens when I trust the developers because of their recent successes and already know I would play the game plenty.

Age of Empires 2 and 3 both got amazing Definitive Editions with plenty of support, so I have no trouble believing they wil deliver on that DLC.
Those games did not disappoint me and I play them plenty so I have no reason to believe Age of Mythology would be different.
And Age of Mythology is my favourite of the whole series.

I know there will no doubt be some bugs to fix and all that but I never play these games online where the worst problems always tend to be so I am not concerned about that.

I'd never pre order anything from EA or Ubisoft for sure, and not of most companies. But there are exceptions.
DUKAPb 18 Aug @ 10:38am 
I pre-ordered. I liked the demo. I see many GOOD changes, not only in better graphics.
Yuriqa 18 Aug @ 11:34am 
Beta was fun and there was so many QOL things.. I am sure game gonna be awesome
Orion 18 Aug @ 11:42am 
Its strategy game.... there is no point on "early acces" ill let those guinea pigs test it for 7 days, then ill think if its "worth" my time.
Last edited by Orion; 18 Aug @ 11:43am
I pre-ordered because I intended to buy the game anyway and the Premium Edition is decent value with the expansions. The advanced early access is a bit of a tacky inclusion but I don't mind jumping into the campaign early although it does suck that people who pre-ordered the base-game version don't get to play it 'early' aka on time.

I think the expansions alone sell the premium version so this early access isn't a great fit for the game but I hope the developers use the time wisely and early adopters can help iron out any kinks before the full release.

Pre-order spreadsheets with their tick boxes are horrible but I don't think it's entirely terrible here especially when compared to how EA and Ubisoft do things but I was a bit surprised to see this game do down this route.
Last edited by J4MESOX4D; 18 Aug @ 1:23pm
Jeyar 18 Aug @ 1:37pm 
If you don't like it don't get it ? Nobody is forcing you to purchase, we waited 20 years for this game :)
I think it is a must pre-order game. Why? Because steam allow you to refund before the release. So I suggest you to pre-order, try it and refund if you do not like it. Basicaly it is a second free test run.

Other than this, I think OP is right. I think idiots and industury-wide low standarts are dependent on each other. Idiots in this discussion do not realise they are part of the sh*ty system.
Last edited by Luckylancer; 18 Aug @ 1:59pm
Orion 18 Aug @ 2:31pm 
Originally posted by Jeyar:
If you don't like it don't get it ? Nobody is forcing you to purchase, we waited 20 years for this game :)
Nice you know extanded edition came out in 2014?
Last edited by Orion; 20 Aug @ 12:07pm
Smithy 18 Aug @ 9:31pm 
Preordered, can't wait! :D:
hulk23869 18 Aug @ 10:19pm 
I played this game a ton when I was a kid, and I'm happy to preorder the remake now, but the early access gimmick is horrible. Wish they would have the same release date for everyone.
Gator 19 Aug @ 1:53am 
After their massive revival of AoE 2 I trust the DEVs, even if I didn't like AoE4. Already pre-ordered.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 18 Aug @ 3:40am