Age of Mythology: Retold

Age of Mythology: Retold

View Stats:
Tiny Thor 19 Aug @ 7:23am
The autoqueue situation is perfect
Please don't listen to the obnoxiously loud minority that scream about adding more AQ or removing AQ entirely.

AQ on villagers and manual training on military feels amazing to play! Whichever designer cooked up this solution - i thank you, and hope you get all the good credit you deserve within the team and company!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Androme 19 Aug @ 7:58am 
No it's not perfect, I don't want Carpal tunnel syndrome. Please add military autoqueue. I play games to have fun, not to "show off my mechanical skills"
Thor TireD 19 Aug @ 1:19pm 
1st - We are not talking about a remake of AOE2, 3, 4 or another RTS, this is a remake of AOM, and in AOM there is an automatic queue for military units.

2nd - AOM is currently abandoned precisely because of the difficulty of the game, few people are willing to become a punching bag and play without fun for months in multiplayer until they can finally start having fun, so the game should be more accessible to newcomers to become SUSTAINABLE IN THE LONG TERM, in fact this is the proposal of the developers, and removing the default autoqueue for military units goes against this.

3rd - To those who defend how wonderful it is to play without the military autoqueue, I see no problem in leaving it on by default and these professional players having the option to turn it off, since their argument is that it gets in the way, that it produces incorrect and massive armies, among others. It's that simple. Whoever thinks it's better without it can just disable it and receive the benefits they defend.

No one here is discussing whether to remove or add the autoque, just keeping it enabled by default, as it is already in the game.

Therefore, it is clear that with the military autoque enabled by default, and being able to be disabled by anyone who wants to, it is obviously the best option considering fun, player consistency and accessibility of the game for everyone.
You know what would feel better
If I just got AQ in general along with everyone else just like previous verisons of the game
Specially because they are pushing for more heavy micro then previous verisons.
ninomack 19 Aug @ 8:02pm 
This is the exact kind of bozo take I would expect from a thor player
Androme 20 Aug @ 7:35am 
Originally posted by ninomack:
Lmfao
Thor TireD 20 Aug @ 11:39am 

The Norse and Atlantean players (except Gaia) are certainly the ones who are most worried.

Let's see:

Egyptians with the FH-2TC strategy will have a very strong economy due to the economic boosts, in addition to +- 1000 free food with the Rain of Ra. Until the 10th minute of the game, they only stay inside the protected base, which often defends itself without much intervention from the player, not being necessary to produce an army, being only responsible for producing villagers, building some walls and houses. After going heroic, they play a massive game with army and mercenary spam (which does not count pop) where their economy is already practically guaranteed to maintain this massive production.

On the other hand, the Nordics/Atlanteans have to make at least 20x more movements and mouse clicks. While raiding, alternate the production of villagers and dwarves according to your available resources, build tents at strategic points, explore the map, and now, on top of all that, you have to click to produce military units 1 by 1.

The Egyptian can even go to the bathroom while a beginner or average player kills himself alone in his towers, which seems unfair to me.

It is obvious that the Eggy player will certainly need much less APM to play and much less skill, it is already like this in the current AOM, so it is comfortable to play without the military autoqueue with this civ.

And without a doubt, Thor is the worst God in the game currently.

Anyone who understands the game at all would choose Thor if they could choose the opponent's God.
KIRANYU 21 Aug @ 7:28am 
Originally posted by Thor TireD:

The Norse and Atlantean players (except Gaia) are certainly the ones who are most worried.

Let's see:

Egyptians with the FH-2TC strategy will have a very strong economy due to the economic boosts, in addition to +- 1000 free food with the Rain of Ra. Until the 10th minute of the game, they only stay inside the protected base, which often defends itself without much intervention from the player, not being necessary to produce an army, being only responsible for producing villagers, building some walls and houses. After going heroic, they play a massive game with army and mercenary spam (which does not count pop) where their economy is already practically guaranteed to maintain this massive production.

On the other hand, the Nordics/Atlanteans have to make at least 20x more movements and mouse clicks. While raiding, alternate the production of villagers and dwarves according to your available resources, build tents at strategic points, explore the map, and now, on top of all that, you have to click to produce military units 1 by 1.

The Egyptian can even go to the bathroom while a beginner or average player kills himself alone in his towers, which seems unfair to me.

It is obvious that the Eggy player will certainly need much less APM to play and much less skill, it is already like this in the current AOM, so it is comfortable to play without the military autoqueue with this civ.

And without a doubt, Thor is the worst God in the game currently.

Anyone who understands the game at all would choose Thor if they could choose the opponent's God.
totally agree.

Is imposible to rush without autoqueue and vs egiptians... I was top 20 with rush uranos and now is like 10 times more dificult without autoqueue
Last edited by KIRANYU; 21 Aug @ 7:29am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50