Survival: Fountain of Youth

Survival: Fountain of Youth

View Stats:
Unstable FPS
Does anyone else experience unstable fps? i'm new to pc gaming and I don't know how/if I can fix this problem
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
legionaer20 21 Apr, 2023 @ 2:02am 
i have the same problem, gtx 6650 xt, i5-11500, 16 gb, should be more than enough for the game right
dedpahom 21 Apr, 2023 @ 2:14am 
FPS fluctuates in some areas on my 3080 and 5800x. Nothing game breaking, but could be improved a bit.

Try lowering graphics settings, especially shadows and shadow distance.
Knüppel Kalle 21 Apr, 2023 @ 2:18am 
just cap ur FPS
This will solve ur prob
Ozi 16 Aug, 2023 @ 7:39am 
leaving the beach.. 10 fps on "medium" with somewhat potent machine. Literally unplayable atm.
NavalGrandmaster 17 Aug, 2023 @ 9:02pm 
that's what I experience just going where trees are I wouldn't say unplayable for me but noticeable
psychedelic yeti  [developer] 21 Aug, 2023 @ 8:02am 
Hey!

We're working on some solutions that should improve the performance in the future.
Adalon 21 Aug, 2023 @ 9:01am 
I only had one inexplicable FPS drop - when I stood on an altar that had a symbol drawn on it. So while I was standing on the altar, the FPS sank from 40 to 10. Otherwise, the FPS is stable and the game does not cause any complaints. And the video card is not so powerful - GTX 1650.
NavalGrandmaster 22 Aug, 2023 @ 9:28am 
Ty devs it's a great game but i'm just wondering if it's because i'm gaming on tv
Az 25 Jun @ 1:45am 
so... did they optimize it ? :D
Idk haven't been playing games much
S2 1 Aug @ 11:12am 
Originally posted by psychedelic yeti:
Hey!

We're working on some solutions that should improve the performance in the future.
What happened to the solutions to improve performance?
It's been almost a year, and in my environment, the fps is about 35-70.
RTX3080
17-11700
I don't think this is a problem with the specs.
Please let me know if you are still working on improving performance or if you've reached a plateau.
mmontes 1 Aug @ 5:45pm 
I had the same problem in some areas. Suddenly fps drops. I play on 4k with everything on ultra. When trying out the graphic settings a bit I noticed that when I set foliage to low then everything works fine. No more fps drops.
Anyone find any more on this? I have the same thing we’re turning foliage to low improved fps but medium and high takes away over half my fps. Very sad as I just bought the game.
Partis 9 Oct @ 6:54pm 
I also experienced a sudden drop in FPS when moving to the center of the island for the first quest in the Hope Island Cave. Even when I lowered the graphic settings, the FPS did not go back up.
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50