Pet or Skin
its hard to choose to buy Pet or Skin.

any suggestion guys?
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
S JaK 17 Jul @ 10:13am 
skin is fashion and fashion is most important
Goregasm 17 Jul @ 9:33pm 
pets are a hard increase to power. normally 15-30% MORE but it just depends. you don't need them to do end game.
Katie 17 Jul @ 10:32pm 
you can get pets with free currency. I got alice and the lion one with just jagged primocrysts. Maybe i was lucky, I don't know, but having +6 to a few commons is already great.

Skins are pay only. Grab them whenever they are available. If you want them, get them, just know they cost quite a bit.

Imo, the best things to spend money on are the battle pass and skins. The power of pets is actually being decided right now and it might change somewhat in the future. Buying characters used to be ok, but buying the battle pass now is by far the best option.
Last edited by Katie; 17 Jul @ 10:34pm
Yanka 18 Jul @ 4:24am 
Originally posted by Goregasm:
pets are a hard increase to power. normally 15-30% MORE but it just depends. you don't need them to do end game.

we can do end game without legendary pet?

Originally posted by Katie:
you can get pets with free currency. I got alice and the lion one with just jagged primocrysts. Maybe i was lucky, I don't know, but having +6 to a few commons is already great.

Skins are pay only. Grab them whenever they are available. If you want them, get them, just know they cost quite a bit.

Imo, the best things to spend money on are the battle pass and skins. The power of pets is actually being decided right now and it might change somewhat in the future. Buying characters used to be ok, but buying the battle pass now is by far the best option.

are you used jagged primocrysts only for buy pets?
Katie 18 Jul @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Yanka:
are you used jagged primocrysts only for buy pets?

Yes, as well as the free pulls you get from various things. There is no reason to buy pets. The advantage between a free player and someone who pays isn't honestly that large. I have several +4 through +6 pets and many legendary ones just from free pulls.

Just don't worry about the pay to win aspect at all. It really doesn't matter. If you want to support the devs, the battle pass or the cosmetics is the best way. The battle pass is the #1 thing to get imo. Being able to play all the characters as well as the auto-loot is very much worth it. It basically works out to be a 6 dollar subscription per month, which is totally reasonable. I have over 200 hours playtime on my account, I am very happy to pay this.

As for cosmetics, sometimes they have deals like the Rosa one where they give a lot cosmetics for a good price. Otherwise, if you want one of the past memories cosmetics, be prepared to pull the entire boon to get the cosmetics you want. They are pretty expensive, but I guess if you're going to use that character for many years to come, it's probably worth it. It also has to be said, at least the cosmetics on the boon go with each other, so if you went with the snow gemma, you also get the snow staff and body effects, etc. that match with it.

I genuinely think what happened is that the devs were not confident in their game 1 year ago, so they put the Pets in the game to help with monetization. But they reported that the game is actually sustainable even without the Pets, and this surprised them, so they are actually looking at ways to de-emphasize the pets to help adoption in the west. I don't know what they will do, but the devs are very much aware that Pets are controversial in the west. This alone is a good reason not to spend money on them because I 100% expect their function in the game to change in the future.

So, in short, grab the battle pass and if you after 50 hours you really like the game, feel free to grab a cosmetic to say thank you to them. You 100% do NOT need to buy any pets to do the endgame.
Last edited by Katie; 18 Jul @ 2:35pm
pets aren't that great.
Katie 18 Jul @ 6:26pm 
Originally posted by shut the ♥♥♥♥ up:
pets aren't that great.
Translation: I don't know what I'm talking about; I know nothing and just had to give my vapid opinion and pass it off as a claim that is 100% unsubstantiated by evidence.

Pets offer noticable effects, but they aren't the core elements that comprise a build. They do help though. Many of the drop pets help farm currency faster, for example. Even the new Kong banner rapidly can farm FE much faster.

They can be great, but they are still not required or worth spending money on. But of course they actually do something noticeable or they couldn't sell them.
Last edited by Katie; 18 Jul @ 8:02pm
pets aren't that great.
Translation: I don't know what I'm talking about; I know nothing and just had to give my vapid opinion and pass it off as a claim that is 100% unsubstantiated by evidence.

Pets offer noticable effects, but they aren't the core elements that comprise a build. They do help though. Many of the drop pets help farm currency faster, for example. Even the new Kong banner rapidly can farm FE much faster.

They can be great, but they are still not required or worth spending money on. But of course they actually do something noticeable or they couldn't sell them.
they give you a pet for free at the start and you can make them attack but from what i notice there's not much difference in stats.
they give you a pet for free at the start and you can make them attack but from what i notice there's not much difference in stats.

When people are talking about pets, they are talking about pact spirits and those don't attack. Not really sure what you're talking about.

Perhaps play the game some more to at least understand the basics and get a better understanding of the game before giving advice.
Katie 19 Jul @ 1:37pm 

You are basing your conclusion on the pet system by your experience with 1 free pet? That is 100% irrational
skin would be easier to get cause they normally sell them in chests eventually
Katie 22 Jul @ 5:59pm 
skin would be easier to get cause they normally sell them in chests eventually
You should take your own advice
Snaz 23 Jul @ 7:24am 
If you are going to "whale", whale for purple + yellow seasonal pact spirits since those things greately impact your experience in terms of seasonal meta class build transitions, currency gain, etc. The difference between having flame fuel / seasonal mechanic pact spirits or not can be quite drastic when it comes to making currency.

Having that said, always use purple tokens from the 200%-230%+ packs first, which you can purchase in the Shop as those are heavily discounted and will more than likely get you the pact spirit you're after, sometimes even duplicates of it.

As for yellow tokens, they're usually all about benefiting the newly released character/class variant builds (eg. projectile is the current one which benefits the ring of blades meta). If you happen to be interested in these, make sure to get the FREE token rewards (eg. clockwork seasonal event drops) and Jagged Primocryst first before buying any of them with real money (they're also half the price of the purple tokens). Keep in mind that the yellow seasonal tokens can also win you arguably the most P2W pact spirit of all named 'Chalk' (flamefuel droprate increase).

From first hand and second hand experience, roughly 100-150€ should get you all of this and more every new season (~3 months)

Finally, as far as cosmetics go, even if you have the cash, grab the discount vouchers before delving into the gamba cosmetics. There's quite a bit of them with 50% discounts going on these past 2 seasons, and once you acquire them through the seasonal events, they stay permanently in your account inventory.

Cheers.
Last edited by Snaz; 23 Jul @ 11:13am
Lienhart 26 Jul @ 11:14am 

What the ♥♥♥♥ are you talking about hahahahahhahahhaha
< >
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
Per page: 1530 50