MARVEL SNAP

MARVEL SNAP

HELL-COW and BLACK SWAN Patch 9/17
To gain the "Activate tag. I think others should get going here.
A little slow in my opinion. I don't get why
The Guardians of the Galaxy, Elektra, and Zabu are not getting these tags

Will it help these cards usage...:dwarven:
Last edited by kingts; 17 Sep @ 8:32am
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
If they dont adjust Hell cow in some way I dont know what is going to happen. you can have him out activate him on T6 before you play hella. seems a little busted but they just made War Machine one of the best cards so IDK.
kingts 17 Sep @ 8:34am 
Official Patch changes

BALANCE UPDATES

BLACK SWAN
[Old] 3/5 - On Reveal: Until the end of next turn, your 1-Cost cards cost 0.
[New] 2/3 - Activate: Until the end of next turn, your 1-Cost cards cost 0.
We revealed earlier that Black Swan and Hellcow would be changing to Activate as a bit of an experiment in seeing how the mechanic could be used to freshen up some older cards where On Reveal wasn't quite getting the job done. We didn't reveal that doing so would also come with some stat updates. Making an effect an Activate can be riskier, because it requires playing the card earlier in the game to time it properly. For Black Swan that's extra true, because playing Swan on turn 5 still won't be fast enough to get the Cost reduction–remember, Activate resolves with your other plays, so you can't activate for a same-turn Cost discount. So we're dropping the Cost to ensure more opportunities to get Black Swan into play. It's possible this update won't land Black Swan in a better position, and we're open to a reversion in that case. However, the risk seemed appropriate given Black Swan has been languishing on multiple metrics.

HELLCOW
[Old] 4/8 - On Reveal: Discard 2 cards from your hand.
[New] 4/6 - Activate: Discard 2 cards from your hand.
So if we moved Black Swan down to 2-Cost, why are we shrinking Hellcow? Well, not all effects are created equal! Being able to time the discard on Hellcow makes it substantially stronger than the On Reveal in a couple of key ways, not the least of which is you can now curve Hellcow into MODOK without risking losing your MODOK. To reflect that shift in strength, we weakened Hellcow a little bit while we see how strong it proves to be.

SWORD MASTER
[Old] 3/7 - On Reveal: Discard a card from your hand.
[New] 3/7 - On Reveal: Discard an odd-costed card from your hand.
Similar to how we updated Moon Knight, we've decided to create an alternate option with Sword Master. We did debate changing the stats–and yes, it does look weird that Moon Knight is a 3/3 and Sword Master is bigger. However, in addition to discarding an enemy card, Moon Knight just has more and stronger synergies: Apocalypse, Proxima Midnight, Stature, and even Wolverine. Sword Master has X-23, Ghost Rider, and maybe a different kind of Hela deck? Given the gap and our Sword Master decks not feeling too scary, we decided to wait and see rather than preemptively adjust the Power down.

There ya go. :dwarven:
hellcow is a pretty hard nerf since u can't activate on play.
Yoki_NL 17 Sep @ 11:15am 
breh, swordmaster will not go for Apocalypse or Swarm or Proxima with this change xD
What other odd-number cards are there, that you would want to discard?
i only see Daken and the Maramusa Sword at 1 cost.
But Daken is 3 cost and so is Swordmaster, so they will just get in each others way.
not a great change at first sight. it doesnt synergize with discard decks at all imo.
BobbyGun 17 Sep @ 12:20pm 
odd-costed? whats that?
Backler 17 Sep @ 12:27pm 
Sword Master will be great with Scorn, and Hellcow might actually be playable again!
Yoki_NL 17 Sep @ 1:44pm 
Originally posted by BobbyGun:
odd-costed? whats that?
the opposite of even numbers,
so odd = 1, 3, 5 , 7, 9
even = 2,4,6,8,10
Originally posted by Yoki_NL:
breh, swordmaster will not go for Apocalypse or Swarm or Proxima with this change xD
But Daken is 3 cost and so is Swordmaster, so they will just get in each others way.
not a great change at first sight. it doesnt synergize with discard decks at all imo.

You can target X-23 reliably. Plus I saw an interesting idea: discard Sera on Turn 3, and bring her back in Turn 4 with Ghost Rider.
Si 17 Sep @ 5:37pm 
Another low IQ move from Glen.

Guess I'll hold off as long as possible on the update. Everyone I have seen playing the game has faced a constant onslaught of Hela decks. Yay so exciting!
D.A.S.H. 17 Sep @ 9:25pm 
Black Swan was better as a 3/5. Should have changed it to 3/4 if they wanted to reduce her power. Hell Cow is annoying because it helps Hela.
Originally posted by Yoki_NL:
Look at it this way. He definitely won't discard Hela.
Originally posted by Si:
Another low IQ move from Glen.

Guess I'll hold off as long as possible on the update. Everyone I have seen playing the game has faced a constant onslaught of Hela decks. Yay so exciting!

Probably Infinite players playing against other Infinite players, testing decks with nothing much to lose. Haven't seen much of that in the try-hard segment.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50