Resident Evil 4

Resident Evil 4

View Stats:
Ashley
I've been playing Resident Evil 4 remake for four days now. I also have to say that I quite like this part but why in God's name is Ashley so damn useless. You have to imagine that I arrived in the castle part yesterday and I have to say that this part was totally aids. This woman sits down in front of these dirty monsters without giving a damn and waits until she is hit or dug again. I just don't check things like that and it doesn't surprise me why this woman is in this situation. Next time I'll use the rocket launcher and do the Alkaida move so that even Umbrella Corp doesn't have to deal with the girl.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
ChiefMendez (Banned) 17 Aug @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by Senki:
she's a privileged basic girl that already has her entire life set by being the daughter of the president and probably never had to deal with any real hardship before

not surprised she's no help in a zombies hunting her down situation
No, it's called garbage AI. This is a videogame, not real life.
Originally posted by ChiefMendez:
she's a privileged basic girl that already has her entire life set by being the daughter of the president and probably never had to deal with any real hardship before

Indeed it aint. The Ai is still ass

Yea i saw that where she was literly one hit with the one mission where you run away from those mutant guards
jigoku 17 Aug @ 11:44am 
hid her in the locker before fighting the chainsaw sisters and the bunch of ganados...after while during fight all of sudden i hear an unexpected scream...then i notice: she´s "exposed" out of the locker ....wtf?
*sigh*

"she's no help in a zombies hunting her down situation" well ironically she even suggested leon to be a *team* together
Last edited by jigoku; 17 Aug @ 11:46am
Originally posted by jigoku:
hid her in the locker before fighting the chainsaw sisters and the bunch of ganados...after while during fight all of sudden i hear an unexpected scream...then i notice: she´s "exposed" out of the locker ....wtf?
*sigh*

"she's no help in a zombies hunting her down situation" well ironically she even suggested leon to be a *team* together
Ohhh dont get me startet on that one. The two chainsaw sisters where something els. I really used everthing i got. After a couple deaths, i realised that you can put her in the locker. I wish you could let her stay in there for the rest of the game.

oh i thought you were trying to do something like ''why doesn't she get a gun or fight back'' thing

the AI is not garbage, she's designed to simply follow you either closely or from far away. She's barely even an AI more than just another gameplay element you need to defend
Even tho i do that becouse there isnt any chance you cant without it, she really i mean it really stand still sometimes and wait for nor reasson. I understand fully that she dont use a gun, it feels like my mate is Moira from RE2 but even she could do more stuff then here what suprised me really.
I guess homie hasn't played the original RE4.

(Or the Ashley level in the Castle, for that matter.)
ChiefMendez (Banned) 17 Aug @ 1:31pm 

oh i thought you were trying to do something like ''why doesn't she get a gun or fight back'' thing

the AI is not garbage, she's designed to simply follow you either closely or from far away. She's barely even an AI more than just another gameplay element you need to defend
Of course she's an AI lmao and nobody asked how is she designed. It's about how she behaves in the game and there are hundreds of videos of her acting absolutely retarded, like refusing to run behind you when you're running past a gonado or randomly changing her position without any reason.
ChiefMendez (Banned) 17 Aug @ 2:24pm 
Of course she's an AI lmao and nobody asked how is she designed. It's about how she behaves in the game and there are hundreds of videos of her acting absolutely retarded, like refusing to run behind you when you're running past a gonado or randomly changing her position without any reason.

Yeah, AI in literally every game ever made acts out sometimes.

Elden Ring, witcher, the other resident evils, you can name pretty much any 3D game with AI and there will be videos of it acting out sometimes.

I don't think it's garbage just because it's not perfect considering that no one managed to make it perfect yet. I only played this game for 40 hours but I had quite literally 0 issues with her so whatever issues there are it's not constant.
"I didn't have any issues therefore they don't exist"
Ashley in the og never just randomly decided to stop running or change her position in the middle of the battle. You could also tell her the exact place to stay and she would.
They tried to reinvent the wheel and make her AI more complex but failed.
ChiefMendez (Banned) 18 Aug @ 3:39am 
Ashley in the og never just randomly decided to stop running or change her position in the middle of the battle. You could also tell her the exact place to stay and she would.
They tried to reinvent the wheel and make her AI more complex but failed.

your reading comprehension is non-existent
Nice counter-argumentation right there chimp. Take this L.
Last edited by ChiefMendez; 18 Aug @ 3:40am
ChiefMendez (Banned) 18 Aug @ 7:13am 
Nice counter-argumentation right there chimp. Take this L.

it's objective truth that anyone with a functional brain can see

I said like 3 times in my comment that AI is not perfect and can act out. You opened your comment with a strawman that implies I said issues don't exist.

Keep the L and go back to school.
You also said that remake Ashley is not an AI.
You've also pretended you haven't seen my detailed explanation of how remake and original Ashleys are different. Because you have 0 counter arguments.

See you around chimp.
ChiefMendez (Banned) 18 Aug @ 9:34am 
You also said that remake Ashley is not an AI.
You've also pretended you haven't seen my detailed explanation of how remake and original Ashleys are different. Because you have 0 counter arguments.

See you around chimp.

failing reading comprehension twice while also attempting to deflect

very epic, true example of steam forums brain rot
Let's quote what you've said:

She's barely even an AI more than just another gameplay element you need to defend

Gameplay elements are not AI, AI is AI. And she's a fully-fledged AI, nothing "barely" about her.

So yeah, you're projecting lil bud. You've been deflecting this entire time. Also pathetically attempting to gaslight. You're right about Steam brain rot though, you're a perfect example of that phenomenon.
Last edited by ChiefMendez; 18 Aug @ 9:34am
ChiefMendez (Banned) 18 Aug @ 10:27am 
Let's quote what you've said:

Gameplay elements are not AI, AI is AI. And she's a fully-fledged AI, nothing "barely" about her.

So yeah, you're projecting lil bud. You've been deflecting this entire time. Also pathetically attempting to gaslight. You're right about Steam brain rot though, you're a perfect example of that phenomenon.

Yeah man I get that you're mad that your little strawman attempts didn't work but move on already, you won't make them work.

I'm not the usual idiot who falls into the deflection and arguing semantics trap. Like I said, go back to school or stop skipping it if you're still a kid.
That's not what a strawman is lil buddy. I'm addressing directly what you've said and you have no counter argument to anything other than your high-school insults which look pathetic.
Here's a free tip for you: next time think before you decide to engage in an argument.
DasaKamov 18 Aug @ 10:28am 
It's always fasinating how topics like this turn into two people shouting in circles at each other, long after the actual discussion has finished.
Last edited by DasaKamov; 18 Aug @ 10:29am
ChiefMendez (Banned) 18 Aug @ 10:49am 
That's not what a strawman is lil buddy. I'm addressing directly what you've said and you have no counter argument to anything other than your high-school insults which look pathetic.
Here's a free tip for you: next time think before you decide to engage in an argument.

What counter argument do you want? You're either making things up or misinterpreting simple text on purpose. To make a counter-argument I would need a sane human with something relevant to say first.

Here's a free tip for you: if you want genuine arguments don't attempt this strawman nonsense again.

I already disregarded any hope of having a fair discussion with you the moment you tried this bs:

so, stop trying and move on.
That's a lot of words to say you have no arguments left and are incapable of continuing the discussion.
If a little sarcastic remark to your uninformed and false statement can make you so upset you shouldn't participate in adult discussions, lil snowflake.

So yeah, good idea on your part to move on.
Last edited by ChiefMendez; 18 Aug @ 10:50am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50