Shogun Showdown

Shogun Showdown

View Stats:
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Thomas Goblinz  [developer] 27 Jun, 2023 @ 6:16am
Shogun Showdown FAQ
Hello everyone! Thomas here!

I wanted to do a FAQ and start to be more active in here!
I'm starting with just a few questions, and will add more and update the answers as I've got them (or as we decide to share them hehehe)

- When is the game coming out?
The game has been released in early access on June 27th! The Early Access will last for approximately one year. We will communicate a precise date when we'll have one ! :D

- Controller support?
The controller support is now out and is 100% working!

- Is there a roadmap available?
There is! You can find it in this forum post

- Is there a Discord somewhere?
There is! You can find the discord following this invitation link[discord.gg]

- Where to report bugs/Make suggestions?
The best way would be on the Discord mentionned above, there are "bug reports" and "ideas" channels. Having them all in the same place helps us treating them. Alternatively, you can still post them in this forum, and we'll do our best to note them too. But if you don't mind joining the Discord, that'd be the easiest for us!
And if you prefer the good ol' mails, you can write to me at support@goblinzstudio.com !

- Switch version?
Our plan is to release the game on Switch for the full release of the game. Also, keep in mind that it also depends on Nintendo. While we aim to synchronize Full PC Release with Switch release, it can come some time later
Last edited by Thomas Goblinz; 11 Jun @ 2:50am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Dioxys 27 Jun, 2023 @ 7:44am 
Hey thanks for doing this.

Is there a roadmap available for the updates that are planned (if any)?
Thomas Goblinz  [developer] 27 Jun, 2023 @ 7:54am 
Originally posted by Dioxys:
Hey thanks for doing this.

Is there a roadmap available for the updates that are planned (if any)?
Good question! I'll answer here still and add it to the FAQ. The answer is, there will be, it's just not ready yet as we're still discussing on the plannification of the updates! It'll be shared in a steam news and on discord when ready
Icecold 27 Jun, 2023 @ 10:40am 
Where can I find the discord? I can't seem to find it on the store page or in-game.

Also would you consider showing boss health bars as green squares like the rest of the enemies? It's weird how I can know how much health normal enemies have but now bosses.

Edit: I found the discord link. It's buried in the steam update pages.
Last edited by Icecold; 27 Jun, 2023 @ 10:41am
JPQed 27 Jun, 2023 @ 1:03pm 
Can we get a 2k resolution for the game? Looks like max is only 1080
Caff 27 Jun, 2023 @ 1:18pm 
Is there additional difficulties? I beat my first run without much thought, it's on the easier side compared to other rogue-likes though I know ascension's tend to be a thing with these kind of games.
KingOfCharge 27 Jun, 2023 @ 2:18pm 
There are. I don't know how many, but it does go higher than the base
Highborne 27 Jun, 2023 @ 3:45pm 
Is there a discord?

I made a comment in Baalor's stream, this feels similar to fights in tight spaces, having that same kind of "replay the fight" option at the end would be neat.
bureau44 27 Jun, 2023 @ 4:12pm 
Where do I report bugs?
(Did first Wanderer playthrough without issues. Got stuck with Ronin in the Moonlight Port I. Cannot perform any actions)
Last edited by bureau44; 27 Jun, 2023 @ 4:12pm
kburris999 27 Jun, 2023 @ 4:15pm 
Delightful game thus far! Would putting the in game "?" on tab or shift be possible.
Thomas Goblinz  [developer] 28 Jun, 2023 @ 2:00am 
Added the Discord link and information on where to report bugs to the FAQ!
Johnny Bravo 28 Jun, 2023 @ 2:45am 
will the game release on nintendo switch once it's out of early access?
Thomas Goblinz  [developer] 28 Jun, 2023 @ 3:20am 
The plan is to release the game on Switch too for full release yes. I just can't promise this will be the exact same day as the full release as it is also depends on Nintendo, but that's our objective!
pancake 29 Jun, 2023 @ 6:42am 
will there be additional characters with new mechanics and new tiles,relic and potions added in future updates?
Thomas Goblinz  [developer] 29 Jun, 2023 @ 7:42am 
Hello!

A roadmap will come later but short answer is yes, more content like tiles, characters, mechanics and so on will come through the EA!
pancake 29 Jun, 2023 @ 10:02am 
ooooo! i cant wait to try it out. i began playing today and already fell in love with the combat system and all the mechanics of the game. tho i have to say,pressing m1+m2 to pass a turn was a bit unreliable because it might register only m1 or only m2. i found myself using keyboard for the turning and turing passing. Could there be a way that you add something that lets players use more mouse buttons for mouses that have extra buttons on the side so we can reliably use the turning around and turn passing.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 1530 50