SaGa Emerald Beyond

SaGa Emerald Beyond

View Stats:
This game is pure Terror.
Lame visual novel.
Lame graphics.
Overactors doing the voice acting.
Certainly a game with no soul.
I'd just re-record everything and change every "3d sprite" so it doesn't look poor quality.

What the hell, square enix...
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Smurf 11 Jul @ 11:02pm 
I can tell one of two things are true when it comes to your opinion. Either you literally didn't play long enough to be saying most of what you said or the game just happens to not be your thing. The latter is fine, but the former is not.

You say it's a lame visual novel, it's just a different way they chose to detail the lore. Each door leads to a different world and those worlds all have their own individual lore and stories surrounding them, most of which you can never fully grasp on one playthrough and some of which require you to visit as different characters to understand everything. This takes dialogue, which is the core of anything listed as an RPG. I get it though. Much of what's said is just fluff and recycled between characters at times (but not every time).

Second, you mention lame graphics and overacting. The graphics look this way because it was the cheapest most efficient way to produce the gameplay and get the product out in a timely manner with the tiny budget given on several platforms, including mobile. This is just like with the previous title, Scarlet Grace. The acting, is whatever you make of it. I can't change your mind on that. I personally like the acting in this game and much of how the characters are portrayed fits in typical SaGa fashion. If anything, there isn't enough voice acting and I'm certain this is due to what the game is limited to. They'd need more time and money for anything more.

And as far as the game having no soul, I don't think you've played long enough to really say that. I'm not saying you have to like everything and I'm not saying how the game came out for the graphics and storytelling is excusable. It's understandable you want it to be at this tremendously amazing quality given the brand, but SaGa games were pretty much never ever there at any point except for their remade games. I'm saying SaGa 2 & 3, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, and Romancing SaGa 2 later this year.

Do I wish they were of that quality in the first place? Absolutely. I can pretty much meet you halfway on the subject because of it.
Leon96 11 Jul @ 11:38pm 
Originally posted by Smurf:
I can tell one of two things are true when it comes to your opinion. Either you literally didn't play long enough to be saying most of what you said or the game just happens to not be your thing. The latter is fine, but the former is not.

You say it's a lame visual novel, it's just a different way they chose to detail the lore. Each door leads to a different world and those worlds all have their own individual lore and stories surrounding them, most of which you can never fully grasp on one playthrough and some of which require you to visit as different characters to understand everything. This takes dialogue, which is the core of anything listed as an RPG. I get it though. Much of what's said is just fluff and recycled between characters at times (but not every time).

Second, you mention lame graphics and overacting. The graphics look this way because it was the cheapest most efficient way to produce the gameplay and get the product out in a timely manner with the tiny budget given on several platforms, including mobile. This is just like with the previous title, Scarlet Grace. The acting, is whatever you make of it. I can't change your mind on that. I personally like the acting in this game and much of how the characters are portrayed fits in typical SaGa fashion. If anything, there isn't enough voice acting and I'm certain this is due to what the game is limited to. They'd need more time and money for anything more.

And as far as the game having no soul, I don't think you've played long enough to really say that. I'm not saying you have to like everything and I'm not saying how the game came out for the graphics and storytelling is excusable. It's understandable you want it to be at this tremendously amazing quality given the brand, but SaGa games were pretty much never ever there at any point except for their remade games. I'm saying SaGa 2 & 3, Romancing SaGa: Minstrel Song, and Romancing SaGa 2 later this year.

Do I wish they were of that quality in the first place? Absolutely. I can pretty much meet you halfway on the subject because of it.
please sum it up to two lines.
Originally posted by Leon96:

Smurf's first paragraph should be enough.
Merlandese 13 Jul @ 12:19pm 

I remember my first time learning about campiness
Last edited by Merlandese; 13 Jul @ 12:21pm
Leon96 13 Jul @ 12:26pm 
Originally posted by hardmanbow:

what does it say?
Originally posted by hardmanbow:

what does it say?

Not for
you. Entitled players these days, smh.
Last edited by ⭕TheSodaman; 13 Jul @ 5:11pm
Leon96 13 Jul @ 5:10pm 
Originally posted by ⭕TheSodaman:
what does it say?

Not for
you.
why ?

Not for
you.
why ?

Lame visual novel.
Lame graphics.
I'd just re-record everything and change every "3d sprite" so it doesn't look poor quality.

Someone think for me, I don't want to read or think. I'm entitled and lazy.
Last edited by ⭕TheSodaman; 13 Jul @ 5:13pm
Leon96 13 Jul @ 5:14pm 
why ?

Lame visual novel.
Lame graphics.

i had bad drinks in the past. it doesnt mean drinking is not for me.
as a professional water drinker, i'm in the rights of criticizing other drinks.
lmfao
Leon96 13 Jul @ 5:15pm 
maybe i'm just too old or mature to hear screaming protagonists and seeing low quality CGs. once you experience enough, you'll think it's bad cuz they done it better in the past.
Leon, you'll be alright, don't let it get to you
Leon96 14 Jul @ 9:23am 
Originally posted by Merlandese:
Leon, you'll be alright, don't let it get to you
thanks. i will survive i hope
Bass 20 Jul @ 9:22am 
Maybe it is even more terrorish than actual terrorist attacks?
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50