STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™

View Stats:
HKnuts 5 Jul, 2015 @ 3:17pm
Black screen upon entering Dxun the second time through
I've finally gotten my brother to play KotOR II and with it TSLRCM and M4-78, latest versions of all of these, correctly patched and everything (please note it's the international disc release).

A problem arises however as he is invited for his second visit to Dxun / Onderon. Exiting the Ebon Hawk (getting party selection) causes a very brief black screen, after which the party can be selected. Exiting the select screen and entering the Dxun module proper leads to another indefinite blackscreen. The cursor however, remains, and alt F4 still leads to an ingame prompt to ask to close the game.

Based on an earlier topic I've checked whether he's got all the module files but those all seem to be present.

Can anyone help us?
< >
Showing 16-21 of 21 comments
Sanchez 26 Aug, 2019 @ 7:42pm 
Originally posted by KillerBadger:
If anyone sees this plz tell me how to use erfedit, i have the same problem with dxun and black screen

1. open ERFEdit

2. Click "File"

3. Click "Open"

4.Set directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\"

5. Set "Files of type" to ".mod" files

6. Double-click "601DAN.mod"

7. Click on the "601dan" that has a "GIT" beside it in the next column

8. Click "Extract selected resources"

9. Extract to your overide folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override"
Hassat Hunter 1 Sep, 2019 @ 3:23am 
601DAN is for Dantooine.
401DXN is for Dxun. Should be in 401dxn_s.rim.
Sanchez 25 Sep, 2019 @ 2:47am 
Originally posted by Hassat Hunter:
You need to extract it from 601DAN.mod with ERFedit
oh ok thanks for the clarity. I guess it only worked because I uninstalled then re-installed tslrcm. I know that can possibly break the game, but so does that glitch lol
Ravenwhite320 25 Feb, 2021 @ 3:45pm 
Originally posted by HKnuts:
I've finally gotten my brother to play KotOR II and with it TSLRCM and M4-78, latest versions of all of these, correctly patched and everything (please note it's the international disc release).

A problem arises however as he is invited for his second visit to Dxun / Onderon. Exiting the Ebon Hawk (getting party selection) causes a very brief black screen, after which the party can be selected. Exiting the select screen and entering the Dxun module proper leads to another indefinite blackscreen. The cursor however, remains, and alt F4 still leads to an ingame prompt to ask to close the game.

Based on an earlier topic I've checked whether he's got all the module files but those all seem to be present.

Can anyone help us?
I have this problem, I copied the files on my save data but nothing changed
smallskneupper 6 Dec, 2021 @ 12:33pm 
Originally posted by Sanchez:
Originally posted by KillerBadger:
If anyone sees this plz tell me how to use erfedit, i have the same problem with dxun and black screen

1. open ERFEdit

2. Click "File"

3. Click "Open"

4.Set directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\Modules\"

5. Set "Files of type" to ".mod" files

6. Double-click "601DAN.mod"

7. Click on the "601dan" that has a "GIT" beside it in the next column

8. Click "Extract selected resources"

9. Extract to your overide folder, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override"

In my Modules folder the I cant find any files that are *.mod. clicking on all the 401DXN files I cannot find any that have a "GIT" in them at all.

I did a general file search and found that "GIT" used ERF.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Knights of the Old Republic II\override\tslpatchdata
this is where it is. Since it is already in the override folder does that mean this fix wont work for me?
Last edited by smallskneupper; 6 Dec, 2021 @ 12:40pm
thelizardofdoom 7 Dec, 2021 @ 8:43am 
Ok, so clearly something ♥♥♥♥♥♥ up Dxun. Including myself this will be the 4th post I have seen that is saying Dxun is messed up.

Was there any recent updates?
< >
Showing 16-21 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: 5 Jul, 2015 @ 3:17pm