Batman™: Arkham Knight

Batman™: Arkham Knight

View Stats:
Start with arkham asylum or just jump to Knight?
never played any of these games before
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Crossgen 13 Aug @ 7:27pm 
I would say jump to knight, unless the story means a lot to you. Then start at Asylum.
Last edited by Crossgen; 19 Aug @ 7:58pm
Originally posted by Archon:
never played any of these games before

I started with Arkham Asylum, then Arkham City, with Arkham Knight to finish. It also helps that I got the trilogy in one go, which made the second and third more fun, at least for me.
Start with Asylum, it's still quite good. Also play City then Origins afterwards before starting Knight.

They're all good games even aside from the story. But do the side missions (you can look up what happens with riddler if you don't want to go through that in game).
gps 13 Aug @ 11:51pm 
We've been through this with many new players - I also recommend playing them all in release order. There is a story progression here, and also a progression of complexitiy in the game mechanics. Although Asylum is the oldest, it has a very unique athmospere and a fun and focused story that would be very sad to miss. All of the games have their great and special moments and all are totally worth playing, so why play the last (which is a good game, don't get me wrong, but maybe not THE best) first... ;)
gps 14 Aug @ 12:07am 
P.S.: With all I explicitely mean Origins included... ;)
LHGreen 14 Aug @ 1:10am 
It's easier to go from Asylum to the other games than it is to play the others and go back.

Nice thing about the main trilogy, though: the game order is in alphabetical order!:steamhappy:
Last edited by LHGreen; 14 Aug @ 1:41am
Start with Asylum, then City, then Origins and then Knight, this way you can fully appreciate Arkham games.
Devsman 14 Aug @ 6:22am 
Origins is pretty skippable. You shouldn't skip it because it's a really good game, but story-wise, I don't think any of its events come up in Knight.
gps 14 Aug @ 6:38am 
Only as minor references, for example with all the items stored in GCPD. But nothing really relevant for understanding the story.
Fully agree, it can be skipped but shouldn't... ;)
On the other hand, if anyone really only wants to play one of the Arkham games, for whatever reason, Asylum or Origins would be good choices because they have pretty self contained stories.
Might as well go from the start of the arkham trilogy, and keep origins as a bonus.
Originally posted by Devsman:
Origins is pretty skippable. You shouldn't skip it because it's a really good game, but story-wise, I don't think any of its events come up in Knight.
There's references but nothing essential.
Last edited by Midnight Carnival Snack; 14 Aug @ 8:01pm
definitely play them in order (arkham asylum, then city, then knight)
itzDerrio 16 Aug @ 11:33pm 
play origins definitely, you can forget the rest, especially city
Chief 17 Aug @ 3:04am 
Originally posted by itzDerrio:
i am living in a twisted version of the world where people actually believe this stuff
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by itzDerrio:
i am living in a twisted version of the world where people actually believe this stuff

hey, join the club ! i’m definitely living in a twisted version myself full of people praising overrated games like city
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50