Pixel Game Engine

Pixel Game Engine

So how does one create permanently active events or variable checks?
Essentially, I want the game to react when a variable is increased / decreased autonatically, without having the player step on an event plate. Several in fact.

Is it possible to do this in any manner (without impacting performance). My idea was to trigger an event at the beginning in the game and have it running in the background continously, but I imagine this would be aborted the moment a new event is triggered.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Eccko 3 Feb @ 3:52pm 
I am just sure we can start an event at the beginning, but running continously, I don't know if it's possible for this time. Maybe after the upcoming huge update... It was annouced since few weeks.

I'm interessed by this function too.
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 3 Feb @ 5:01pm 
Originally posted by Ponyeater:
Essentially, I want the game to react when a variable is increased / decreased autonatically, without having the player step on an event plate. Several in fact.

Is it possible to do this in any manner (without impacting performance). My idea was to trigger an event at the beginning in the game and have it running in the background continously, but I imagine this would be aborted the moment a new event is triggered.
There is an option in the Event-Variables that allows you to constantly changing variables by time in the following update.
Originally posted by Pixel Monsters:

There is an option in the Event-Variables that allows you to constantly changing variables by time in the following update.
Thank you for your response.

That sounds helpful. So it will be possible then to have a new event start, when it detects that Variable X has increased to a new value?
I was thinking about a sort of exhaustion system, where a character gets more tired as time progresses and when the variable for it drops to zero the player character falls asleep. That sort of thing. I would need two events for that.

1. The event telling the engine to continously decreased the variable.
2. A secondary event that hooks in the moment this variable goes to zero, and then executes the scene where the character falls asleep.

I really want this update! It will make development so much easier. Any ETA on it? Anything we can do to help?
Last edited by Ponyeater; 3 Feb @ 11:50pm
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 4 Feb @ 6:48pm 

That sounds helpful. So it will be possible then to have a new event start, when it detects that Variable X has increased to a new value?
I was thinking about a sort of exhaustion system, where a character gets more tired as time progresses and when the variable for it drops to zero the player character falls asleep. That sort of thing. I would need two events for that.

2. A secondary event that hooks in the moment this variable goes to zero, and then executes the scene where the character falls asleep.

I really want this update! It will make development so much easier. Any ETA on it? Anything we can do to help?
Yes it is possible, you can find it through event/auto trigger that allows you to automatic trigger an event by detecting your variables.
The update is nearly finished and it will be soon after the spring fastivel, our plan was to finish the android packaging before we release, but if there are users require this update to finish their project, we would like to release the update once it is finished.
Any kind of help would be appreciate.

Yes it is possible, you can find it through event/auto trigger that allows you to automatic trigger an event by detecting your variables.
Amazing. This is what we need to make proper use of variables.

The update is nearly finished and it will be soon after the spring fastivel, our plan was to finish the android packaging before we release, but if there are users require this update to finish their project, we would like to release the update once it is finished.
Not finish, more to get the gameplay principle prototyped. But no stress. Hearing these news is great.

Any kind of help would be appreciate.
How?
Last edited by Ponyeater; 5 Feb @ 12:09am
Ponyeater 11 Feb @ 12:23am 
Do you guys have a donation box or such? Or is the best support buying more copies?

Also, will it be possible in the future to write longer texts such as item descriptions, quest descriptions, etc?
At current the letter limits are rather low, I find myself constantly trimming down the descriptions I wanted to use.
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 17 Feb @ 5:31pm 
Do you guys have a donation box or such? Or is the best support buying more copies?

Also, will it be possible in the future to write longer texts such as item descriptions, quest descriptions, etc?
At current the letter limits are rather low, I find myself constantly trimming down the descriptions I wanted to use.
Glad to hear that, you can support us through making awesome games, that will be a great advertising for us.
Sure we can make the descriptions longer, please tell us whatelse you would like to make it longer other than quest and item.

Glad to hear that, you can support us through making awesome games, that will be a great advertising for us.
Sure we can make the descriptions longer, please tell us whatelse you would like to make it longer other than quest and item.
Working on it. :)

For descriptions:
Skill Descriptions and Choice Options fields would be also great to have extended.

Skill Descriptions - Upper limit at current seems to be 50. Also, for skill descriptions there seems to be a bug where the description box starts to behave weird when getting over 20 symbols in.
Item Descriptions - Currently capped at 50 symbols
Event: Choice field - Currently capped at 40 symbols - Dialogue box can easily fit 60 with default UI and text size settings, perhaps even 70

Waiting for the update in anticipation.
Last edited by Ponyeater; 17 Feb @ 8:25pm
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 18 Feb @ 5:37pm 
Working on it. :)

For descriptions:
Skill Descriptions and Choice Options fields would be also great to have extended.

Skill Descriptions - Upper limit at current seems to be 50. Also, for skill descriptions there seems to be a bug where the description box starts to behave weird when getting over 20 symbols in.
Item Descriptions - Currently capped at 50 symbols
Event: Choice field - Currently capped at 40 symbols - Dialogue box can easily fit 60 with default UI and text size settings, perhaps even 70

Waiting for the update in anticipation.
Here we have made the limit of descriptions to over 255 symbols, that should make it work.
Amazing.
< >
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
Per page: 1530 50