Pixel Game Engine

Pixel Game Engine

[Feature Request] Expanded Functionality for Animations (Change Variable at frame X; play random sound from several options)
Hey it's me again. I will make separate threads for different topics from here on out. Putting everything into one thread is perhaps too disorderly.

Anyway, I thought of a few things to make animations more varied and add functional.

1) Changing Variables or Attributes at frame X
Pretty straight-forward. You can set a point during any of the frames in Frame Detail and then add / reduce / set Variable or Attribute to X.

In the editor it would functionally speaking work like setting a cancel point, but simply with the Variable / Attribute detail editor attached.

Use case example: I have an attribute in my game called Stress. It's being actively tracked and displayed in the UI. It's a game mechanic that rewards players for playing well and punishes them for getting hit. So the idea is - When getting hit, I want to add a frame detail point in the 'hurt' animation that increases this "stress level".

2) Sound Effect at frame X expansion - Play random Sound of selected
Idea is pretty simple. Rather than having one specific sound play, you can select up to perhaps 3 or 4 and then it plays one of them at random. This enhances the sound quality of projects when devs use this functionality.

Use case example: A character gets hit by an attack. You have several "hurt" sound files recorded for said character. By having more than 1 for every animation, the same animation won't get that stale easily.
Most of the time when we flinch, we produce different sounds, so having the same one sound play for the same animation at all times feels unnatural to the observer in the long run.
Other examples include guns sounding a little different each time they are shot or fire crackling a little different.

Thanks for reading!
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 20 May @ 6:47pm 
Okay we will find a way to approve it.
Ponyeater 21 May @ 12:29am 
Thank you for your fast response.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50