Pixel Game Engine

Pixel Game Engine

[Feature Request - Longterm] Custom Status Effects
Currently we have Bleed, Poison, Stun, Blind, Slow, Weak and a few knockdown variations to choose from.

Are there plans to allow us to script custom effects or create them in some shape and form?
Things such as other forms of periodic damage or heals, buffs being applied, attributes and variables changed, visual effects being caused, character settings altered or custom animations being triggered.

Having a wide variety of status effects and (de)buffs applicable is sort of necessary, when a wider array of abilities and skills come into player.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 21 May @ 5:52pm 
Originally posted by Ponyeater:
Currently we have Bleed, Poison, Stun, Blind, Slow, Weak and a few knockdown variations to choose from.

Are there plans to allow us to script custom effects or create them in some shape and form?
Things such as other forms of periodic damage or heals, buffs being applied, attributes and variables changed, visual effects being caused, character settings altered or custom animations being triggered.

Having a wide variety of status effects and (de)buffs applicable is sort of necessary, when a wider array of abilities and skills come into player.
We are planning to replace the current "buff/debuff"and "passive" with entries, so developers don't have to stick with these traditional entries that we currently use. However it takes some time to achieve.
Originally posted by Pixel Monsters:

We are planning to replace the current "buff/debuff"and "passive" with entries, so developers don't have to stick with these traditional entries that we currently use. However it takes some time to achieve.
Great to hear. I am looking forward to what you come up with. There is so many things I can think of doing with status effects and such.
Pixel Monsters  [developer] 24 May @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Pixel Monsters:
Great to hear. I am looking forward to what you come up with. There is so many things I can think of doing with status effects and such.
We will finish the android packaging first and then improve the details of each game mode.
Ponyeater 24 May @ 10:06pm 
That's fine. Prioritizing things is important.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50