SILENT HILL 2

SILENT HILL 2

I'm worried about this game...
AAAH, WOKEISM WAAH WAH, LIBS DID IT AGAIN! Just kidding :piglaugh:. I just see everyone throwing that in any time they complain about anything these days. "AHH, I burnt my toast! That toaster must have been a wokeist Democrat!"

Any who... The actual issue I'm having with it is that the game seems to be action focused, which is what ruined the series in the first place. There is a pretty clear path already with the brilliant original Silent Hill 2. Why not follow that? Yeah, combat can be ♥♥♥♥♥♥. That's not what the game was about. The gross sounds and roars of the monsters is just as generic as other scary games. That's why the original didn't really have a lot of that. The creepy factor was from the odd noises they made. The clicking, the weird gulping noise. Them slowly but sort of quiet way they came up behind you. The original was intense and nerve wrecking. No generic suspenseful music, but instead this industrial metallic sound from Akira Yamaoka. (which I thought I read that he was back on board or they were using his original mix).

I was so excited for this. Well... cautiously excited. And then hearing a little bit about the prices coming out for this game... ugh. I just want this to be good. I really really do.

I know... I know... Konami.

I just want my Silent Hill series to come back and be great. I've played up to 4 and the lost interest for obvious reasons. I still have such good memories with my friend back when we were kids, playing Castlevania Symphony of the Night and Silent Hill 1 and then 2. Ah, the good old days.:banish:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 99 comments
If you don't pre-order the deluxe edition, then you are a sexist transphobe who may or may not be racist!
Giving yourself an award huh, nice farming tactics.
St_Winter 15 Jun @ 12:56pm 
Originally posted by bunny de fluff:
Giving yourself an award huh, nice farming tactics.

Obviously not working since I only got one and not trying to farm, actually making a real post. Probably should read further on.
Thoroughly enjoyed the moans of pleasure from flesh lips.
It's fine to be cautiously optimistic, however I don't see how Silent Hill 2(2024) is "action focused" James had 4 handgun bullets against the first nurse, which during the melee she messed him up pretty bad. He was out of ammo on the first encounter. We don't know what difficulty setting the demo was played on, so the game will most likely be much tougher on the higher difficulty. I haven't played it yet, so I can't verify the lack of resources. When James takes the shotgun, he has 3 bullets, 1 shot at point blank range to the second nurse. And a handful of pipe swings to take her out.

But if it worries you that much, just wait for reviews, watch some footage, then make a decision, whether it's purchasing it, or pirating.
@R+5 15 Jun @ 8:37pm 
Originally posted by MapleOmega:
But if it worries you that much, just wait for reviews, watch some footage, then make a decision

good advice.

also to never preorder, and never trust game mag articles, because most of them are dishonest and deceiving. is wiser to watch gameplays without cuts to get a general idea of the gameplay, and also those with cuts that pinpoint strengths or positive aspects and issues and negative ones.

(vdeo) reviews that only list things that should be taken as positive, and specially those that at the same time try to discard negative feedback offered by others (and usually mock them), should be ignored and not trusted. should be obvious why.
It's fine to be cautiously optimistic, however I don't see how Silent Hill 2(2024) is "action focused" James had 4 handgun bullets against the first nurse, which during the melee she messed him up pretty bad. He was out of ammo on the first encounter. We don't know what difficulty setting the demo was played on, so the game will most likely be much tougher on the higher difficulty. I haven't played it yet, so I can't verify the lack of resources. When James takes the shotgun, he has 3 bullets, 1 shot at point blank range to the second nurse. And a handful of pipe swings to take her out.

But if it worries you that much, just wait for reviews, watch some footage, then make a decision, whether it's purchasing it, or pirating.

Yes, I noticed that yet it doesn't seem like SH2. It seems like... was it SH5 or 6? I can't remember. But it was very much that. But yes, this could just be the video trying to pump the fans up. Who knows until it's out. Like I said cautiously optimistic. But yes, I always wait for reviews.
Originally posted by @R+5:
But if it worries you that much, just wait for reviews, watch some footage, then make a decision

good advice.

also to never preorder, and never trust game mag articles, because most of them are dishonest and deceiving. is wiser to watch gameplays without cuts to get a general idea of the gameplay, and also those with cuts that pinpoint strengths or positive aspects and issues and negative ones.

(vdeo) reviews that only list things that should be taken as positive, and specially those that at the same time try to discard negative feedback offered by others (and usually mock them), should be ignored and not trusted. should be obvious why.

Can't forget IGN gobbling up all these other game covering companies... That's why I usually watch Skillup, Force, and use to Worth a Buy but he's just becoming an old angry conservative man now a days. ACG is a good one too, but his are long, which is good if that's what you want, but I usually stick with the first two.
Tywin 15 Jun @ 9:56pm 
Woke-ism is part of the reason it's bad too. Making women uglier is something I would think liberals would be against. Unnecessary censorship.
St_Winter 16 Jun @ 12:49am 
Originally posted by Blue-Eyes White Dragon:
Woke-ism is part of the reason it's bad too. Making women uglier is something I would think liberals would be against. Unnecessary censorship.

The funny part about all of this is that no one really knows the reason for the changes but immediately jump to AAAH WOKEISM and then jumble an entire group together like every single person is in on it. I remember reading for the changes for why James looks different and it was because they didn't have to the right to use the same likeness. So, it could be the same thing and that was the model/actress they had or wanted to use. Now, do I personally like the changes, no. I think one of the characters especially looks odd but do I think it's a "wokest agenda", no. I too hate the look of the main character they keep using for the new Fable game trailers for an example. Do I then hop on forums and what nots to express my disdain for her looks. No. Do I spread conspiracy theories that probably originated from bs, no.

All it is is trendy words to simplify why someone should be mad. "I don't know what woke is but dadgumit I'm told to hate it and it makes me so mad".
Last edited by St_Winter; 16 Jun @ 12:51am
Tracido 16 Jun @ 1:05am 
Originally posted by St_Winter:
Originally posted by Blue-Eyes White Dragon:

The funny part about all of this is that no one really knows the reason for the changes but immediately jump to AAAH WOKEISM and then jumble an entire group together like every single person is in on it. I remember reading for the changes for why James looks different and it was because they didn't have to the right to use the same likeness. So, it could be the same thing and that was the model/actress they had or wanted to use. Now, do I personally like the changes, no. I think one of the characters especially looks odd but do I think it's a "wokest agenda", no. I too hate the look of the main character they keep using for the new Fable game trailers for an example. Do I then hop on forums and what nots to express my disdain for her looks. No. Do I spread conspiracy theories that probably originated from bs, no.

All it is is trendy words to simplify why someone should be mad. "I don't know what woke is but dadgumit I'm told to hate it and it makes me so mad".

There is no separate group even in my nation's politics, it's just two company CEO's period, our courts even fought for their right to be identified as private companies that can change their own rules ANYTIME they wish (To literally remove even votes if they wish in backrooms, yay!). Edit: Most recent u.s.a. example: https://ivn.us/posts/dnc-to-court-we-are-a-private-corporation-with-no-obligation-to-follow-our-rules

The word is being used because it resonates with a larger audience that is very confused in my nation and probably elsewhere.

It's also being used as a crutch by the defenders of censorship and that's where I had enough of those people myself.
Last edited by Tracido; 16 Jun @ 1:11am
Originally posted by Tracido:

There is no separate group even in my nation's politics, it's just two company CEO's period, our courts even fought for their right to be identified as private companies that can change their own rules ANYTIME they wish (To literally remove even votes if they wish in backrooms, yay!). Edit: Most recent u.s.a. example: https://ivn.us/posts/dnc-to-court-we-are-a-private-corporation-with-no-obligation-to-follow-our-rules

The word is being used because it resonates with a larger audience that is very confused in my nation and probably elsewhere.

It's also being used as a crutch by the defenders of censorship and that's where I had enough of those people myself.

I'll have to read up on the article that you sent. I did source IVN as I always do when someone sends me something and it does come back as least biased and it's reliability is high. Which is always good to know when sharing an article from some where.

Now, the word I know originated from the black community before the BLM protests. The word woke defined by the people who made it a thing means alertness to racial prejudice and discrimination. Later on, it ended up involving also women's rights and even gay or trans rights. That's it. Conservative on the other hand, hijacked the word to be the word of the enemy. Then uses it to encompass anything they do not like. So now, anything that is bad is woke. It's pretty wild actually. It's like during the BLM protests, their point was that they also matter, but anyone against them would say that all lives matter. In a way, that phrase was weaponized to undermine anything a BLM protester was saying. Deluding their message. The whole point of the protest was to point out how the percentages of black, brown, and so on are far higher being killed by a cop than anyone else. And at the time, that stats showed that. Now, I haven't looked up anything on it recently, so I have no idea how it is now but I can probably put money down that it's still fairly close. Being part native, I've seen family members get treated poorly. When I dated black girls, I noticed how they are treated different than others. I remember when I was a kid, I had a cousin who told me how lucky I was to look as white as I do. That's the kind of country we live in, but I think a great deal of people have no idea how mistreated some of the people here are being. For a good example, look at how the natives in this country were treated all these years their land was stolen from them. How many treated were broken. How many of them were brutally killed. How my grand dad was shot at in Korea by his own side as a joke because he "looked like the enemy". The point of the word is to point out the still very prevalent racism that is here.

And one last thing about the word woke, the last couple of years, I've personally only have read and/or heard it from the far right side as either an excuse for a reaction, an excuse to be angry about something, or a reason to retaliate.

I guess the irony is that the word woke for the phrase that it originally was being used for was for both sides of the party to basically point out, hey racism is still a thing and we need to stop injustices that are still occurring because of it. But conservative white dudes instead use it as a political thing or an excuse to be mad about something, diluting the meaning of the phrase so the message gets mixed. And now it is.
....I usually watch Skillup...
You watch ShillUp?!! C'mon, man.... He sold out long time ago.
Last edited by Maximizer; 16 Jun @ 1:05pm
Originally posted by Maximizer:
....I usually watch Skillup...
You watch ShillUp?!! C'mon, man.... He sold out long time ago.

When? How so? I also watch Gameranx. There were a few others but a lot of them aren't around anymore.
Yeah, staring at ugly women owns the chuds. You can do that IRL too. Have fun.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 99 comments
Per page: 1530 50