TOUCHSTARVED

TOUCHSTARVED

chunkytomato 14 Jun, 2023 @ 3:43pm
will there be group/poly endings?
i just finished the demo (amazing stuff >< can't wait for the full ver.) and noticed that some of the characters were implied to have been "together" in some way or another before (like a fwb situation thing) so I just had to ask, has anyone seen any talk about this? maybe the devs dropped a few hints that I might've missed. I'm really excited for the game and just so so curious about what's to come. if there are group/poly endings, i don't think i'd mind even tho it's not my usual cup of tea. what do u guys think?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Mecciza 17 Jun, 2023 @ 6:56am 
That`s an interesting idea, however does it help the plot? With the option of choosing just one I could hardly see it going that way but it could be possible as I`ve only been familiar with monogamous otome games.

Baffled that I failed to see the hints you spoke of or maybe I thought of it as normal exchanges between male best friends and brushed off the likelihood of poly relationship. Hoping that the relationships won`t be rushed if it is indeed like that. I`m gonna play it again and think about this matter more deeply next time.
chunkytomato 17 Jun, 2023 @ 8:38am 
Originally posted by Mecciza:
That`s an interesting idea, however does it help the plot? With the option of choosing just one I could hardly see it going that way but it could be possible as I`ve only been familiar with monogamous otome games.

Baffled that I failed to see the hints you spoke of or maybe I thought of it as normal exchanges between male best friends and brushed off the likelihood of poly relationship. Hoping that the relationships won`t be rushed if it is indeed like that. I`m gonna play it again and think about this matter more deeply next time.

Hi! sorry if this is a bit long btw! there's so little that's been said about the story happening inside the game and i've been dying from curiosity ever since i finished the demo <//3

but yeah, you'll actually see clues of it on the characters' dialogues after the fight that broke out inside the wet wick (the one where mc got pushed by a guy). It's def more noticeable if you pick to follow either Ais or Vere and then subsequently ask them what they think about each other. Ais will say that Vere's temperament matches the drapes, that he looks good in blood but better in tears (I rmb it so clearly bcs I was so surprised when I read it LOL), and that his favorite thing abt him is the tail because it frizzes up when you do- he cuts himself off at that so we don't really know much more about it. If you ask him about Leander he'll say something along the lines of how you'll be surprised that the leader of the bloodhounds actually likes getting bossed around. For Vere, if you ask him about Ais he'll just say that the demon takes it as good as he gives it and that he's "big" everywhere, really.

I figured you don't really think of your "friend" as someone who looks good in tears so i searched it up and found out that in Ais' relationship chart, you'll see that he and Vere are fwbs and that Ais ACTLY caught feelings for the guy. It was also implied that Leander and Mhin slept together but I'm yet to find anything linking Kuras to another of our male leads.

Now, I've got nothing against characters that liked (or still like) someone else before the mc comes into play because it somehow makes them real (?) if that makes sense. like, in a way, they "lived" even before the mc came into their lives. in terms of a poly route helping the plot though, i'm not really sure and tbh it's what i'm both excited and worried about.

I completely understand where you're coming from because while I wna see how the devs will implement that part of the male leads' history into the story (and if the mc's appearance in Eridia will cause a change in the existing relationships between them or not), it's still something that has to be done right else the story and the relationship progression will feel, like you've mentioned, rushed and maybe even forced.

still, should the game only feature monogamous routes, that's fine by me too. I just think that the devs' effort to include hints about the male leads' relationship with one another could mean more than just plain character building.
Mecciza 19 Jun, 2023 @ 7:22pm 
I really love long replies and this was fun to do so thank you (〃^▽^〃). That really helped me understand your perception better and I`m sorry for replying late, got really busy with life.

There are a lot possibilities if they will add poly route in the game, and it`s even more interesting that way for me since i`m not quite well acquainted with that in person. I love your theory, although those instances you`ve mentioned could also be taken as one of the hints of what the mc would be exposed to if they ever to choose that character mentioned. Is what I thought not until you mentioned the chart which made your theory more plausible .
Scarlet Titania 20 Jun, 2023 @ 12:00am 
It was lovely reading your comments and I've discovered that relationship charts exist (first dive into the otome/visual novel world). So excited on how the devs will progress with the story and whether poly endings are possible.
Mecciza 22 Jun, 2023 @ 5:32am 
Originally posted by Scarlet Titania:
It was lovely reading your comments and I've discovered that relationship charts exist (first dive into the otome/visual novel world). So excited on how the devs will progress with the story and whether poly endings are possible.

SAME REACTION QwQ LiIKEE ChArT???? What chart, so i went and checked it out. It blowed my mind, that was such a cool thing. Talking to Chunky was the best thing I did so far here XD
cookie! 22 Jun, 2023 @ 10:43am 
I take it all of the romantic interest in this game are male?
chunkytomato 23 Jun, 2023 @ 3:06am 
Originally posted by cookie!:

Most of them are, yes, except for Mhin who i think is non-binary. Though the devs did mention that there would be DLC's released after the game which will include two extra romance-able characters, Sen and Elyon (One's a woman, I believe. I'm just not sure which).
cookie! 23 Jun, 2023 @ 10:46am 
Originally posted by chunkytomato:
Originally posted by cookie!:

Most of them are, yes, except for Mhin who i think is non-binary. Though the devs did mention that there would be DLC's released after the game which will include two extra romance-able characters, Sen and Elyon (One's a woman, I believe. I'm just not sure which).
Thanks for the heads up, that was about what I was thinking. The game looks great but remains to be seen if its for me.
kismetrld 10 Aug, 2023 @ 11:30pm 
It would be great to have a group/poly ending. I haven't found straight-up poly options in the VNs I've been partaking in so far, but they would have worked well in some and I'd like the option.

Also, thanks for mentioning the relationship charts! They're very neat.
nimakhal 25 Dec, 2023 @ 9:34pm 
Late to the party but didn't want to share. There is at least one text-novel game (with multiple stories) that touches on Polyamory very well and they build it into some of the 'good' endings. For one it merges two opposing factions so is plot relevant. For another it implies that by going the monogamous route with either of the LIs would have ended their *existing* secret relationship. So it could be possible to build a specific 'good' ending into a polyamorous story LI
Cassy 27 Jan @ 1:36pm 
When the Night Comes also allows you to be added to a couple of existing relationships, but can also have you end up with just the one of them. The relationship with one set were close at one point and then got into difficulties down the line, and the other set are relatively new and a bit casual.

In both, you come into their lives like a wrecking ball. The "no hard feelings" discussion with the LI "left over" if you choose a monogamous relationship for the first one was a nice touch (if maybe a little unrealistic). Yes, I chose Finn. I have no regrets, the man is voiced by the same guy as Fenris from DA2.
Originally posted by Cassy:
When the Night Comes also allows you to be added to a couple of existing relationships, but can also have you end up with just the one of them. The relationship with one set were close at one point and then got into difficulties down the line, and the other set are relatively new and a bit casual.

In both, you come into their lives like a wrecking ball. The "no hard feelings" discussion with the LI "left over" if you choose a monogamous relationship for the first one was a nice touch (if maybe a little unrealistic). Yes, I chose Finn. I have no regrets, the man is voiced by the same guy as Fenris from DA2.

<---- Oh yes indeed for when the night comes. The first time I played that game I went from the FinEzra poly route but usually I'm selfish and keep Finn for myself ^^;; Gideon Emery + vampire= win XD

As for this game, the demo was excellent and I can't wait for the full version. I wish/hope poly would be an option. Gravitated immediately towards Vere, but Ais is fascinating too and that seems like a natural poly choice especially with their past history and the way they invited you to join the two of them at the bar.
Yeah... The game was very good until the developers decided to ruin an otome game by including BL there...
Originally posted by Hera Griffon:
Yeah... The game was very good until the developers decided to ruin an otome game by including BL there...

hi! everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don't see why we should bother with yours 😊 go find yourself another otome game then. no one is trying to force u to play a "ruined" game that includes "BL" anw.
So I know this is a very old thread but I'd like to reply with my own two cents,
Its very unlikely this game will have a poly route, Its possible for sure but my guess is based off of some of the writers from this game having worked on both Last legacy and some on the Arcana.
These games are amazing and really good but never really featured any poly relationships, taking the Arcana as an example that game always featured a separate romance route in the plot of your own, Say for example you go for one character, it would feature two separate romanceable couples getting together so yes you get the fan service but you were not included in that couple as you had your own romance.
However thats not saying there is no option at all as in The Last Legacy it seemed getting together with Felix and his past Yandere lover Rime was a real possibility however that game was never completed due to the Company that made both apps selling out to a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ company and basically firing the writers so its unknown if it would have been a poly relationship or if Rime would have been killed off in the end
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50