CRYENGINE

CRYENGINE

This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
CRYENGINE General FAQ
About CRYENGINE
CRYENGINE is the first all-in-one development solution with truly scalable computation and benchmark graphics technologies. With CRYENGINE, developers are fully equipped to create standout game experiences, using the engine behind games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Crysis series.

The Famous CRYENGINE Sandbox editor is a production proven, third-generation real-time tool suite designed and built by AAA Developers. All development features of a CRYENGINE game can be produced, edited and played immediately with the “what you see is what you play” (WYSIWYP) system. The engine deals with the instant conversion and optimization of assets in real-time, enabling cross-platform changes to all elements of the game creation process. This increases the speed and quality of development, while significantly reducing the risk of creating multi-platform games.

For more information on CRYENGINE, visit the CRYENGINE website[www.Cryengine.com]. You can also follow us on Twitter @cryengine, or find us on Facebook[www.Facebook.com]

Who is it for?
It is for anyone who wants to play and develop games with CRYENGINE. We feel that everyone should be able to achieve their vision by using CRYENGINE technology.

What can I get with my monthly subscription?
Getting in with our EaaS program has a number of benefits: first of all, you will always have access to the latest build of our CRYENGINE, and be the first to hear about any upcoming updates. You have instant access to all graphic features and tools, including the powerful renderer behind our Xbox One title Ryse: Son of Rome, C++ and LUA API interfaces along with a full game implementation written in C++, and demo levels and assets for different types of games.

You will also be granted access to all our Engine and Tools documentation, such as programming API references and multiple tutorials by our talented CRYENGINE professionals, as well as access to our CRYENGINE community, full of equally dedicated individuals to help you with any question or issue that might surface.

Is it really royalty free?[/u]
Yes, the monthly subscription fee is all you have to pay, there’s no royalty share required when you commercialize your game projects.

What version of CRYENGINE is on Steam?
The current version of CRYENGINE for launch on Steam is V3.6.2. By subscribing, you will continuously receive all the upcoming updates and new features of CRYENGINE.

Where can I find the Eula?
You can find the EULA (End User License Agreement) on our website[www.Cryengine.com]

Is there a FAQ for other questions I might have?
You can find our FAQ for the CRYENGINE subscription on our website[www.Cryengine.com]

What kind of features will I get with CRYENGINE?
You can find an overview of the engine's features on our website[www.Cryengine.com]

Is there some Documentation for CRYENGINE to learn more?
You can take advantage of our extensive online documentation[docs.cryengine.com] to help you learn how to get the most out of CRYENGINE.

Getting started
If you are using CRYENGINE for the first time, the Getting Started with the SDK article[docs.cryengine.com] will assist you with the first steps.

Additional instructions on how to set up 3ds Max, Maya and CryTif exporters can be found in the Installing Exporter Plugins section[docs.cryengine.com].

The Basic Engine Usage section[docs.cryengine.com] contains fundamental information useful for everyone using CRYENGINE.

• • For Level Designers: The right place to start is the Sandbox Manual[docs.cryengine.com].
  • • For 3d Artists: Learn about asset creation in the Asset Creation Guide[docs.cryengine.com].
  • • For Programmers: The Programming Guide[docs.cryengine.com] is a good starting point to understand working with CRYENGINE.
  • • For Game Scripting: The Scripting Manual[docs.cryengine.com] is include tutorials and reference how to script games.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
fernj 28 May, 2014 @ 1:46pm 
Linux steaos support?
76561198135844705 28 May, 2014 @ 2:05pm 
Not at this time, no. It is something we are working on.
Psychoniko 28 May, 2014 @ 5:19pm 
Forgive me MarcelH if it is menstioned in the above links, but what are the 3d model import filesI can use this Cry engine ? I followed the Crydev pages but I am wondering/hoping there were updates to the Ce4.
stevenchang 30 May, 2014 @ 10:25am 
Hello. I followed the 'Getting started with game code' guide, however I can't find a folder named code/ under cry engine root folder. And the steam integrity varification of file cache has passed. So what's wrong?
Originally posted by stevenchang:
Hello. I followed the 'Getting started with game code' guide, however I can't find a folder named code/ under cry engine root folder. And the steam integrity varification of file cache has passed. So what's wrong?

I think its in CRYENGINE_GameCode_PC_v3_6_2_2621 file
Samogon 31 May, 2014 @ 12:34pm 
Marcel, could you add me to friend list please, so that we could talk?
goujosamma 31 May, 2014 @ 8:18pm 
Where can I find system Requirements?
Originally posted by goujosamma:
Where can I find system Requirements?

You can find them on the Store Page- please keep it mind that a DX11-compatible GPU is necessary.
Muffin 1 Jun, 2014 @ 11:48am 
Where do we report bugs and issues. I have a rather large list, and noticed there was no formal way of submitting them. I've tested them across a few different platforms (Intel cpu + AMD gpu Windows 8.1) and still had the issue happen on different drivers.
Last edited by Muffin; 1 Jun, 2014 @ 11:50am
Samogon 2 Jun, 2014 @ 4:26am 
Marcel, we need to discuss something.
LoveTreasure 3 Jun, 2014 @ 8:13am 
The question for most user compare around other engine, do we still need subscribe after the game been published or stable and does not need bug fix, etc?
Clearly question and text will be Do CryENGINE only need to in subscribe while in development stage.
Roscoe 4 Jun, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
Is it possible to do the multiplatform real time editing with this version of the CRYENGINE? I know I need a Devkit version of that console but do I really need the commercial version that costs a lot or no?
Yes, the Subscription does not allow creation of console games. Please contact our licensing department for that.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
Per page: 1530 50