Rivals of Aether II

Rivals of Aether II

Report cheaters
How do you report people cheating? Is there an in-game or can you email someone evidence?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Glaives 19 Oct @ 4:17pm 
bump
How could someone cheat? Is what you're seeing is that they're teleporting? Because then that's due to someone having a bad connection and isn't them intentionally doing anything.
you would be teleporting on their end as well
Glaives 20 Oct @ 5:35pm 
Lag switching mostly. Like when you're doing well then suddenly your controls lock up at the worst times, during combos, or trying to recover. Teleporting where your opponent gets a neutral win on you before your system shows it, so there's no chance to react. Not to mention the occasional match rubberbands, where I hit someone, a sound is made and they fly back, then that undoes itself and they're hitting me. Weirdly none of these things seem to correlate with my or my opponent's ms.

Its 2024, people are definitely using cheats, they are rampant in a lot of other fighting games when playing online, but devs don't see the profit in blocking it, so it doesn't get blocked.

I believe the first rivals had someone you could email with evidence, but idk if that's how this one works.
ZooL 21 Oct @ 1:38am 
Originally posted by Glaives:
Lag switching mostly. Like when you're doing well then suddenly your controls lock up at the worst times, during combos, or trying to recover. Teleporting where your opponent gets a neutral win on you before your system shows it, so there's no chance to react. Not to mention the occasional match rubberbands, where I hit someone, a sound is made and they fly back, then that undoes itself and they're hitting me. Weirdly none of these things seem to correlate with my or my opponent's ms.

Its 2024, people are definitely using cheats, they are rampant in a lot of other fighting games when playing online, but devs don't see the profit in blocking it, so it doesn't get blocked.

I believe the first rivals had someone you could email with evidence, but idk if that's how this one works.
this is 99% a you issue. meaning your connection is unstable. there is no way to abuse a lag switch in this game like in other fighting games. why you ask? because the game uses dedicated servers for each match. So as long as your connection to the server is fine, the other players connection cant affect you.
i think you should look into your own connection/setup before calling people cheater.
I swear people would be using a lag switch but no, it’s a John. Sadly your pc or internet can’t handle the game.

another case of blaming your own internet issues on the game, nice
Glaives 21 Oct @ 9:14pm 
Originally posted by ZooL:

this is 99% a you issue. meaning your connection is unstable. there is no way to abuse a lag switch in this game like in other fighting games. why you ask? because the game uses dedicated servers for each match. So as long as your connection to the server is fine, the other players connection cant affect you.
i think you should look into your own connection/setup before calling people cheater.

Its still 2 remote connections to the main hub server, It may not be a lag switch, it could be hacks and since the game has been in beta for a long time now, its likely they already exist.

As for my specs, my pc is far above the recommended specs, and I have 0 problems running training mode for extended periods of time. I can max out much more demanding games such as Helldivers 2, Warzone, etc. while maintaining 60fps. I don't think the issue is a slowdown one, it seems to be something with the net.

And my connection is wired with cat-7, I have run through multiple speed test sites where I'm always above 900mbs with 10-20ms and no packet loss.

As for the issues, there are some more of note, I've noticed there's an exploit where people can just cancel the ranked match after the first game, I'll get ejected back to the ranked screen after winning the first match with no fanfare whatsoever.

Also some matches will just forgo the stage selection entirely, and end up on this game's version of Ps2. It doesn't always work, I've also seen this crash the game to main menu.

Either way, I wasn't looking for yall's wrong opinions, I just want to know what the official way to report cheaters are, and to be honest, the fact you'd rather argue than simply say it is telling me there are probably cheaters here, because that's 101 bog standard tactics hackers use to downplay their involvement in online games.

So how do you report cheaters?
bumping again, does nobody really know? If they have no way of reporting its an insane oversight.
bumping again, does nobody really know? If they have no way of reporting its an insane oversight.
There is no way to report players as of the time of writing this, but in the case of your situation it is not cheating via lag switch, it is just poor connection on your end. This game seems to overall have connection issues
Last edited by ciswhiteheterosexualmalenumber2; 21 hours ago
Originally posted by ciswhiteheterosexualmalenumber2:
There is no way to report players as of the time of righting this, but in the case of your situation it is not cheating via lag switch, it is just poor connection on your end. This game seems to overall have connection issues

Went over this, its not my connection and probably actual hacks, not a lag switch, but thank you for giving me a real answer.
There is no way to report players as of the time of righting this, but in the case of your situation it is not cheating via lag switch, it is just poor connection on your end. This game seems to overall have connection issues

Went over this, its not my connection and probably actual hacks, not a lag switch, but thank you for giving me a real answer.
I believe there is a chance it’s still just “bad” internet. This game runs like garbage for me when my internet and pc can handle almost everything thing else. The game will over react to the ever so slightest of lag spikes so you may be getting those and suspecting them as hacks. I don’t really blame for you this though.
As explained by other people in here I really don't think you're encountering "hackers", or even a lag switch. Are you using a wired connection? That is the biggest difference maker in fast games like plat fighters, a wired 100 ping is better than a 10 wifi ping. No malice intended, I know it's frustrating to encounter stuff like this in a new game. Fiddle with your region settings, make sure you're wired, and hopefully the connection improves soon :)

Rivals 2 has been having connectivity issues for people even with good connections. However, I would not be surprised if people at some point started to abuse SDI macros, and other input macros like what we've seen with Slippi. I understand it's irritating having things outside your control affect your game, but I doubt it's because of "hackers".

If you want people to take you seriously, video evidence of this happening clears a lot of speculation.
ZooL 14 hours ago 
Originally posted by ZooL:

Its still 2 remote connections to the main hub server, It may not be a lag switch, it could be hacks and since the game has been in beta for a long time now, its likely they already exist.

As for my specs, my pc is far above the recommended specs, and I have 0 problems running training mode for extended periods of time. I can max out much more demanding games such as Helldivers 2, Warzone, etc. while maintaining 60fps. I don't think the issue is a slowdown one, it seems to be something with the net.

And my connection is wired with cat-7, I have run through multiple speed test sites where I'm always above 900mbs with 10-20ms and no packet loss.

As for the issues, there are some more of note, I've noticed there's an exploit where people can just cancel the ranked match after the first game, I'll get ejected back to the ranked screen after winning the first match with no fanfare whatsoever.

Also some matches will just forgo the stage selection entirely, and end up on this game's version of Ps2. It doesn't always work, I've also seen this crash the game to main menu.

Either way, I wasn't looking for yall's wrong opinions, I just want to know what the official way to report cheaters are, and to be honest, the fact you'd rather argue than simply say it is telling me there are probably cheaters here, because that's 101 bog standard tactics hackers use to downplay their involvement in online games.

So how do you report cheaters?
its not "2 remote connections to the main hub server". there is a dedicated server that dictates game state. not like p2p where both players have a game state and need to negotiate. here the server always wins. so no matter what local manipulation you make it will not affect you in the ways you described. I am not saying hacks/cheats are impossible, i am just saying the problems you have are most likely a issue on your end.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50