Rivals of Aether II

Rivals of Aether II

Ranking bug ?
I was somewhere in 700 ranking and faught someone who basically just taunted with maypul and planted her plants, obviously becourse they didn´t really fight I won and suddenly I was at over 1000 rank.
If that was intentional by him I dont know how he did it he was higher than me but only by ~100 rank so I think its a bug ?
Did someone had the same thing happeneing to them ?

This is really annoying. I finnaly felt like I was at good rank for my (non existing) skill level now I have to be a punching bag again...
Last edited by Agreus; 19 Oct @ 6:25am
Originally posted by ZooL:
i would have to go into WAY to much detail to explain how the math behind the elo rating system works BUT just to give you a rough idea:
the system gets more or less confident in your actual rating the longer you are on win/loss streaks. if you constantly win, loose, win, loose etc. it becomes more confident and thus gains and losses become smaller.
what could have happened for you is that you where on a long loss streak (from 1050 to 700) and then suddenly won against someone ranked higher than you. this can cause the system to "overshoot" your actual rating.
So while i don't know exactly how they implemented the elo rating (they said on a dev stream their ranked is based on elo), it is quite possible to see things like what happened to you in that system.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
If it was during your placement matches, you actually get to see your estimated points on the 3rd or 4th game. If you finished those matches and then shot up to 1000 that might make some sense, but that's still quite the jump.
Otherwise, yeah that doesn't seem quite right. Maybe you gain points faster at lower levels. Maybe it's overtuned.
Agreus 21 Oct @ 6:06am 
No I was already placed before I got hit down from 1050 to around 700 thats the reason I posted this at all.
It feels strange. While I know this is just a hastily clobbered together ranked-mode and the real thing will porbably come with release it is possible that the version we got now is to some extend the basis for the future version so this bug could persist.
The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
ZooL 21 Oct @ 6:15am 
i would have to go into WAY to much detail to explain how the math behind the elo rating system works BUT just to give you a rough idea:
the system gets more or less confident in your actual rating the longer you are on win/loss streaks. if you constantly win, loose, win, loose etc. it becomes more confident and thus gains and losses become smaller.
what could have happened for you is that you where on a long loss streak (from 1050 to 700) and then suddenly won against someone ranked higher than you. this can cause the system to "overshoot" your actual rating.
So while i don't know exactly how they implemented the elo rating (they said on a dev stream their ranked is based on elo), it is quite possible to see things like what happened to you in that system.
Agreus 21 Oct @ 6:19am 
Originally posted by ZooL:

That makes sense thank you for clearing that up. I just wanted to be safe in case it would be a bug that could stick around.
I actually was on a pretty hard loosing streak before and before that person only had wins against people slightly below me (like 1-5 rank).
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50