Blow Away Survivors

Blow Away Survivors

View Stats:
lots wrong
hello Mr. Developer. The gamepad support is a bit off. There should be no cursor that shows up on the screen at all. These types of games in this genre need auto aim and auto attack as an option also. For some reason the menu options say manual attack and then a bunch of stuff that makes no sense under that option. You need to describe these in the menu screen, like if a player hovers over the option, it will give a short note about what it means. Also...if you put in a manual option then you can also put in an auto aim and auto fire/attack option to toggle in the game. The game is very hard to play without key rebinding capabilities also. I was getting ready to refund the game and leave an honest review based on the issues I had during gameplay due to the clunky mechanics. But then I thought I would give you a chance to fix things and see if you can make this amazing looking game a bit easier to control. It has tons of promise.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
machhabanero.games  [developer] 6 Jul @ 7:21pm 
Thank you for your feedback on Blow Away Survivors. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with the game.

I understand your concerns regarding the gamepad support and key rebinding functionality. I am actively working on improving these aspects to enhance the player experience. Your feedback on these issues is valuable, and we will prioritize addressing them in upcoming updates.

Regarding the auto aim and auto attack features, as well as the manual attack options, these were design choices made to provide a specific gameplay experience. While i respect your preference for these features, we believe the current design aligns with the game's intended mechanics and challenges. However, we have made changes to allow for holding down buttons to execute combos, in addition to button mashing, to provide more flexibility in combat.

Your willingness to give us a chance to improve the game before leaving a review is appreciated. We are committed to making Blow Away Survivors the best it can be, and we hope you'll enjoy the enhancements in future updates.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
Originally posted by machhabanero.games:
I understand your concerns regarding the gamepad support and key rebinding functionality. I am actively working on improving these aspects to enhance the player experience. Your feedback on these issues is valuable, and we will prioritize addressing them in upcoming updates.

Regarding the auto aim and auto attack features, as well as the manual attack options, these were design choices made to provide a specific gameplay experience. While i respect your preference for these features, we believe the current design aligns with the game's intended mechanics and challenges. However, we have made changes to allow for holding down buttons to execute combos, in addition to button mashing, to provide more flexibility in combat.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

You just earned yourself a sale with that response. Thank God there are developers making these who understand that many of us actually find it rewarding to control our own actions vs. having it all done for us. And I don't need controller support either as long as I can use Steam's interface, I can configure my own mapping.
machhabanero.games  [developer] 17 Jul @ 3:05pm 
Thank you so much for your kind words and support!

I'm pleased to inform you that we have recently added key binding functionality in our latest update. Currently, this feature allows you to customize the gamepad controls for combat. We hope this makes it easier for you to tailor the gameplay to your preferences.

We are continuously working on improvements and more comprehensive customization options. If you have any more feedback or suggestions, please feel free to share them.

Thank you again for your support and happy gaming!
It's pretty fun and you have a lot of interesting skills. It needs some work though. My rig is pretty beefy (13900k/4090) and I usually have no problem cranking up every setting in Nvidia control panel and adding reshade without performance impacting me - on UE5 games....but I can hear my fans working hard on with your game. I didn't add reshade here here.

Also, the gamma needs a little adjustment. I think the white point might be a little too high.

I think the optimization is going to be a bigger issue for other players, especially on Steam deck. They're never going to be able to run this.
machhabanero.games  [developer] 18 Jul @ 2:15am 
Thank you for your feedback and for enjoying the game!

I appreciate your thoughts on optimization and the gamma adjustment. I am continually working on optimizing the game to ensure a smoother experience for all players. Your input is valuable in helping me improve.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50