Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

Game crashes to desktop after start up.
I've been having this issue a few days before this small update yesterday (had to reinstall everything after replacing my hard drive) everytime a try to launch the game it tries to start up then it goes straight to desktop. so far I've tried installing a few mods, launching the game directly from the .exe and still nothing. any advice?
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
AMD GPU?

If you're using the graphics bypass mod, use the New Vegas one from NexusMods. After that, go to Windows' display settings, go to "graphics". Manually select BOTH the main exe and the launcher exe, and choose the GPU you're using for gaming for both of them (if you have an iGPU and dGPU in your system).

You can also roll back drivers, I think AMD's December ones are still good.
Last edited by Sir Danglefrögge; 5 Jun @ 12:35pm
Originally posted by Sir Danglefrögge:
AMD GPU?

If you're using the graphics bypass mod, use the New Vegas one from NexusMods. After that, go to Windows' display settings, go to "graphics". Manually select BOTH the main exe and the launcher exe, and choose the GPU you're using for gaming for both of them (if you have an iGPU and dGPU in your system).

How would I go about rolling back my drives?
Originally posted by Dr. Medic:
AMD GPU?

You actually don't need to now.
If you have an AMD graphics card, they released a driver update a few days ago that fixed FO3 and New Vegas bootup issues.

What card do you have?
Dr. Medic 14 Jul @ 10:12am 
You actually don't need to now.
If you have an AMD graphics card, they released a driver update a few days ago that fixed FO3 and New Vegas bootup issues.

What card do you have?
I have NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Super if I'm correct.
Seven7 15 Jul @ 1:20am 
usual GTX1xxx don't have any problem, but if it not autodetect - just check nVidia control panel and in 3D tab - Programm settings - push Search and open launcher and game exe, set High performance processor nVidia + add in Compatibility tab High DPI - by app (if your display above 60GHz - limit it!)+ check that Windows Audio Mixer set to Stereo 2.0 ONLY, disable all Audio Enhancers and and extra audio devices + uncheck all autosaves in-game menu = you can play vanilla without ANY fixes \ mods
Originally posted by Seven7:
usual GTX1xxx don't have any problem, but if it not autodetect - just check nVidia control panel and in 3D tab - Programm settings - push Search and open launcher and game exe, set High performance processor nVidia + add in Compatibility tab High DPI - by app (if your display above 60GHz - limit it!)+ check that Windows Audio Mixer set to Stereo 2.0 ONLY, disable all Audio Enhancers and and extra audio devices + uncheck all autosaves in-game menu = you can play vanilla without ANY fixes \ mods
Ok, finally got the game to work had to delete everything in fallout 3's document folder did tinker with the nvidia control panel to make sure everything works and so far everything works great. Thanks for the help eveybody.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50