Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year Edition

PSA: This game will not launch on modern computers
Be very careful during the steam sale and do not buy this game, it won't launch. There's no mod or fix for this either, game's just totally dead.

Edit: Yes, I tried the compatibility fix, the High power fix, etc with no results.
Last edited by Necroscourge; 8 Jul @ 11:40am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 84 comments
worm_master 7 Jul @ 6:37pm 
Actually it's not, works on Win 10, with the latest AMD update.
corporate 7 Jul @ 6:41pm 
works on my machine
ZManiac 7 Jul @ 7:22pm 
Yeah I made the mistake also by buying this game on sale, glad i'm not the only one who had this problem.
I've basically tried all of these so called "fixes" that I've found on the internet, and NADA.

Scumbags killed the game unceremoniously for me.

also, who tf are these people getting this game working? like HOW??
I've yet to see any of the people that are allegedly able to run the game say how; if there was actually a fix it would of been shared on the forums. It's also worth noting that New Vegas can launch, while FO3 does not. Thus it's pretty safe to assume it's all Bethesda's fault and we just need somebody to publish a fix.
Coffeepot 8 Jul @ 12:38am 
just change your graphics settings on windows related to the fallout 3 .exe and launcher to high performance, it's default set to auto decide which doesn't work
Last edited by Coffeepot; 8 Jul @ 12:40am
refund it and move on.
Last edited by UsernameTaken666; 8 Jul @ 5:22am
bladerunner97 8 Jul @ 6:17am 
On W11 the only thing I did to run the game was make sure any previous trace of it was gone.
Meaning, I cleaned out My Documents\My Games\Fallout3 of everything except the Saves folder. Ran the Launcher that then set-up Ultra quality.

If it refuses to work then yes, refund it and move on. I've done that soooo many times with others.
Last edited by bladerunner97; 8 Jul @ 6:21am
ÆRGØ 8 Jul @ 7:15am 
Weird. I played through the whole game with DLCs without problem. Maybe crashed 5 times in the whole playthrough of 120+ houres.
Last edited by ÆRGØ; 8 Jul @ 7:15am
Game work, gimme jester
Originally posted by Sir Danglefrögge:
Game work, gimme jester
Not with that attitude, put some more stink on it or call me a bad word.
set your exe compatabilty mode too play windows xp
ya i tried running fallout 3 on my newer gaming pc AND on i had stored in my attic and it still wouldnt launch. i think they just did something to the game to make it utterly un-playable on accident so now theyre putting up fake fixes and commenting that they got it to work. i tried all the fixes including trying tale of two wastes but non of it worked.
I have FO3 and FO:NV running fine on Win10 for several years now. With mods.

Unofficial Fallout 3 ESM Patcher
Updated Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch
Fallout Script Extender (FOSE)
Command Extender
ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated - Program version - Recommended

I have other mods, but these make the program run flawlessly for me.
Originally posted by Necroscourge:
Originally posted by Sir Danglefrögge:
Game work, gimme jester
Not with that attitude, put some more stink on it or call me a bad word.
Mudslide poop seeping through swamp undies
< >
Showing 1-15 of 84 comments
Per page: 1530 50