STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

STAR OCEAN THE SECOND STORY R

View Stats:
Second Story R or The Divine Force
I've played and finished the original version of Second Story. Is the remake sufficiently better that it's worth playing again, or should I get Divine Force?

I really liked the original Second Story, but the only other Star Ocean game I've played was Till the End of Time. I thought it was pretty good (plot twist notwithstanding), but it felt dumbed down compared to SS.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Divine Force is bad, This is good. You can see the reviews yourself. The remake seems to fix a few issues of old game, too. I heard magic damage is not capped to 9999. :D

Also, they improved the visual of the old games to something more 3D. It's nice. (And yeah, I don't actually own the game but god do I hesitate to buy it before sale ends.)
Andar 11 Jul @ 6:34am 
Divine Force gets a bit of a bad rep but it's a perfectly decent game. The worst things you can accuse it of is being average and having performance issues for some, although the latter was never a problem for me. Its characters are decent, gameplay is pretty good, it looks pretty enough for what it is, story is serviceable if bland.

Star Ocean 2 R is the best game in the series however, and a much more enjoyable experience all around compared to Divine Force. It's a peak 90's era JRPG updated and improved upon in almost every way.
Last edited by Andar; 11 Jul @ 6:36am
I played every main star ocean and i personally say this one is the best one. My list from best to worst.
1: Star Ocean The Second Story R
2: Star Ocean Till The End Of Time
3: Star Ocean First Departure(R is the exact same so play whatever one you want)
4: Star Ocean The Last Hope
5: Star Ocean The Divine Force
6: Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50