LocoCycle

LocoCycle

View Stats:
Adam 4 Feb, 2015 @ 10:47pm
I can't play this game
It's been a few months I've owned this game and I can never start it up. It doesn't launch.

I'm running Windows 8.1.
Last edited by Adam; 5 Feb, 2015 @ 5:56pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Twisted Pixel  [developer] 5 Feb, 2015 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by girth squad on deck:
It's been a few months I've owned this game and I can never start it up. It doesn't launch.

I'm running Windows 8.1.

Hey there!

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please contact support@twistedpixelgames.com describing the issue and reference this thread.

Thank you!
trip 30 May, 2015 @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by Twisted Pixel:
Originally posted by girth squad on deck:

I'm running Windows 8.1.

Hey there!

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please contact support@twistedpixelgames.com describing the issue and reference this thread.

Thank you!

I'm having the same issue and posted here before.

You told me to contact you at that e-mail and I did, maybe around 6 or more months ago and I still haven't heard back.
Adam 30 May, 2015 @ 5:46pm 
Originally posted by XB92AI:
Originally posted by Twisted Pixel:

Hey there!

Thank you!

I'm having the same issue and posted here before.

You told me to contact you at that e-mail and I did, maybe around 6 or more months ago and I still haven't heard back.

Yep, contacted it too, nothing. It's pretty obvious they don't care.
Senno 13 Aug, 2015 @ 10:53pm 
I am having issues too. I also realised that this is the same developer and publisher that made Ms Splosion Man, which had an issue for me as well. It required the game be played on the main hard drive, rather than an external one. Perhaps this is the same issue with this game?
Moggg 2 Jan, 2016 @ 6:54am 
I just bought this game onsale and it doesn't launch for me either. I get the logo, like it's launching, but it doesn't go any further. I can press Esc though & it will take me backto Steam. Weird.
SRediess 6 Apr, 2016 @ 1:19pm 
I think you have installed this game on an external media, as I did it, too. Until I reinstalled it on an internal media, I got this game running. Many Ubisoft Games has to be installed on an internal media, this isn't a game from them, but it has to be treated in the same way. Make enough space (15 GB while installation / 8.1 GB after install.)

Maybe the producers or the publishers could make this extra info on the showcase site in the recommendations. This could lessen many E-Mails in the support part. If they can't give this info on the showcase site, I wish they can make an extra thead (pinned on top), where this Info is given.

The Windows drivers for external drives aren't compatible with some kind of programs used to make this game.

For now I only hope they (Twisted Pixel and/or Microsoft) would read this, and will react on it soon.
Last edited by SRediess; 6 Apr, 2016 @ 1:28pm
Outlaw 6 Jul, 2016 @ 9:13pm 
Originally posted by SRediess:
I think you have installed this game on an external media, as I did it, too. Until I reinstalled it on an internal media, I got this game running. Many Ubisoft Games has to be installed on an internal media, this isn't a game from them, but it has to be treated in the same way. Make enough space (15 GB while installation / 8.1 GB after install.)

Maybe the producers or the publishers could make this extra info on the showcase site in the recommendations. This could lessen many E-Mails in the support part. If they can't give this info on the showcase site, I wish they can make an extra thead (pinned on top), where this Info is given.

The Windows drivers for external drives aren't compatible with some kind of programs used to make this game.

For now I only hope they (Twisted Pixel and/or Microsoft) would read this, and will react on it soon.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the devs don't bother to make this info more readily avaialble like on the steam page. I loved twisted pixel back when I was on xbox.
Outlaw 7 Jul, 2016 @ 5:07pm 
Axctually the above didn't solve my problem. I still have the game in the taskbar despite it being installed on my /:C drive.

My :/C drive also isn't my "main" steam library. I have steam installed on my secondary :/E drive. Could this be the issue?

I'd really like to play this game and I'd hate to have to return it.
Outlaw 20 Jul, 2016 @ 10:24pm 
For anyone who finds this, since the dev doesn't provide proper support, when you launch lococycle and it's stuck in the taskbar simply press CTRL + ESC + Shift to bring up the task manager, navigate over to lococycle, left click it's drop down menu, right click on the process and press "bring window to front"

I only had to do this once and the game has launched in fullscreen ever since.
BodyPolitic 4 Aug, 2016 @ 1:38pm 
Win 10, Same issue, reinstalled on C: drive and now it launched no problem. This is an old game so far past its release window I wouldn't expect any support from the Devs at this point. I was actually surprised to see they are still in business, this game did not do well, which is a shame because it really is a kind of a camp classic. I think multiple factors hurt it, including a rapidly growing hatefest around Microsoft's xb1 and that a game like this probably wasn't the best idea for a featured launch title. Launch title's need to be big loud and flashy, humor is usually a more nuanced thing, but this is a whole other can of worms I'll cover more in a review.

Suffice to say, thanks steam peeps for the help, and I'm glad to finally play this game, its a hidden gem for sure/.
SRediess 13 Aug, 2016 @ 2:09pm 
Originally posted by BodyPolitic:
Win 10, Same issue, reinstalled on C: drive and now it launched no problem. This is an old game so far past its release window I wouldn't expect any support from the Devs at this point. I was actually surprised to see they are still in business, this game did not do well, which is a shame because it really is a kind of a camp classic. I think multiple factors hurt it, including a rapidly growing hatefest around Microsoft's xb1 and that a game like this probably wasn't the best idea for a featured launch title. Launch title's need to be big loud and flashy, humor is usually a more nuanced thing, but this is a whole other can of worms I'll cover more in a review.

Suffice to say, thanks steam peeps for the help, and I'm glad to finally play this game, its a hidden gem for sure/.
Maybe you had installed the game on an external media before. This game runs on many OSes, but on external media it fails.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50