Sucker for Love: Date to Die For

Sucker for Love: Date to Die For

View Stats:
which was better sfl or sfldtdf?
which game do you think was better sucker for love or sucker for love date to die for. because i feel like theres pros and cons of both games to decide which was better.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
SFL. No doubt.

D is much more fun, and the reltationships between Estir, Lynetta, and even Nyan and D blows the absolute ♥♥♥♥ out of Stardust.
Nik 11 Sep @ 2:52pm 
Original SFL feels way more expansive due to a fact that it's not focused on just one relationship. Finale was also way more on the "boom" side, way grander imo.
Originally posted by captainnuttynugget:
which game do you think was better sucker for love or sucker for love date to die for. because i feel like theres pros and cons of both games to decide which was better.

SFL no doubt.

Both games are different in their own rights: SFL mostly being absurd comedy of kissing eldritch horrors and SFL2 taking itself 'more' serious by expanding on the games story and lore - which does bring some upsides to it, but also becomes it's own detriment as it trades out the absurd and comedy that SFL dropped in, for a horror-centric dungeon crawler.

When talking protagonist - D is better, because he literally has no grander goal than kissing eldritch horrors because why the hell not. Stardust is fine, but no sense of reliability felt nor does she bring her sense of humor aside the spray bottle (funny in its own right).

TLDR:
Sucker for Love: First Date is better in humor, protagonist and general interactions. A game that doesn't take itself serious, and is genuinely a fun time to play.

Sucker for Love: Date to Die For improves on the lore and horror, but gives a story about recovering from bad relationships and becoming better - through the Rituals with Roxanne.

Important to know how dating sims are targeted toward audiences, especially when your first game has you playing as a male lead. Kinda why some people either give this game a thumbs up or down.
2 has a better, more driven story. But I think 1's simple story works extremely well for it. Pretty neck and neck for which one I like more overall. Even character-wise it's close. Nyan Nyan, D, and Estir are my favorites from the first game, but Rhok'zan, Muu, and Stardust are also really great in the second game.
< >
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
Per page: 1530 50