Monster Hunter Wilds

Monster Hunter Wilds

Suggestions to make players like wilds more.
1. In front of some powerful monsters, many players have experienced being killed instantly by the monsters. Because the damage of powerful monsters is too high.
They may stop playing the game. which is not good for players and game developers.
By limiting the hunter's health recovery during battle(Cancel super recovery and Life steal),but keep the Mega Potion. there is no need to design the monster's damage too high.
Players can accept monsters with high health and accept fighting groups of monsters, but they don't like monsters with excessive damage. When monsters have excessive damage, the battle will become boring.
By shortening the monster's weaknesses instead of designing a monster with extremely high damage.

2. In monster hunter world, if four hunters die more than twice in total, the hunt will fail. I hope that my death will not cause other people to fail in hunting, and I also hope that people's death will not cause me to fail in hunting. Hunter's carts should not be shared. Give each hunter one cart.
When a hunter dies more than once, the hunter does not need to continue fighting, he only needs to pray for his teammates to defeat the monster.
Because he still has a chance to obtain a piece of material.
I have a suggestion:
In a four-player game, materials are allocated according to the percentage of damage caused by players to monsters. For example, a monster with 100% health has 10 materials. If one of the players causes 60% health damage to the monster, he will get 6 pieces of materials. Of course, players need to kill the monsters first.
Do you understand the importance of these?
Players don’t need to worry about their teammates not fighting. They don’t need to worry about too many teammates dying.
Players who focus on character defense don't mind getting less material because they only worry about being easily killed by monsters.
Sometimes surviving is also beneficial to obtaining more materials.

3. In monster hunter world, players can choose many weapons and Armor . Let me talk about weapons first. Players may have spent a long time fighting monsters, but all they got was a change in damage numbers. I hope the new weapon will give me a new skill or new technique.
Armor is actually the same as weapons. Equipment should give hunters unexpected changes. It should not be a numerical change.

4. In monster hunter world, when we defeat the more powerful monsters, we can get more powerful Equipment. This setting means that players have no way to obtain powerful Equipment in the early stage of the game. I think this setting is inflexible. If we set up a lot of rare materials in the low-level monster area. After the player spends a long time exploring and hunting, he has the opportunity to obtain powerful Equipment from low-level monsters.. The game will become more flexible.
Powerful monsters are a small part of the monsters. If our Equipment is obtained by hunting powerful monsters, the types of Equipment will become smaller. The quality of Equipment depends on rare materials and extreme Rare materials. It shouldn't just depend on some powerful monsters. I agree that hunters get better Equipment from hunting powerful monsters. I also agree that when hunters keep fighting in low-level monster areas for many days, he still has Possibility to obtain powerful Equipment.

5. When a player explores an area many times and has seen all the materials and drops in the area, the player will lose interest in the area. I think the variety of materials and drops needs to be increased. Add more rare materials and extremely rare materials. It's not fun to see the same materials and drops.

6. In monster hunter world, which should be the DLC part, I saw some new monsters, such as Furious Rajang. He has unlimited stamina and extremely fast speed. Looks unreal and fake.

7. In monster hunter world, I like to use flash pod and dung pod. Of course I also like to use pitfall trap and shock trap. Because these pods and traps can change the battle situation. But the design of these items is still Mediocre. I am willing to find materials in different areas to make Piranha Plant pods and lethal traps. Buying pods and traps from NPCs is not fun. When a teammate takes out the pods and traps he has prepared for a long time, I believe that the whole team Everyone will be grateful to him.
What I mean is to add some rare materials specifically used to make pods and traps. These pods and traps are Disposable. When teammates take out extreme rare pods and traps, I believe the whole team will scream.
For example, monsters will be attacked by giant and sharp wooden pillars.
More terrain has been transformed by lethality Traps.
Players can choose different types of lethal traps according to their preferences.
Preparing one of these lethal traps requires a lot of materials and rare materials.
The materials and rare materials we prepare will determine the level of the lethal trap.
The game wouldn't be fun if every hunter used the same pods and traps and the same weapons and armor. In a monster hunter world, that's pretty much it. The game shouldn't just be about different attack moves. If both players choose With the same weapons, they are already over 90% similar.

8. In monster hunter world, we can summon a beast to travel, such as Wulg. We need to summon a beast to travel. Or we need to ride a beast to fight. Functions like Seikret.
I'm willing to upgrade Seikret. It is not only a pet but also a means of transportation. i know i need it . But do we need Felyne?
Felyne is wearing armor and weapons, and Felyne looks like a hunter. I don't think players need two hunters. When I'm fighting, there's always a cat next to me.
I think it's a little strange. I don't like Felyne .
In Monster Hunter World, there are two cats living in my room.
I just want some butler or housekeeper. They will take care of the flowers and trees. They will clean the house. They will say hello to me.
I hope Seikret doesn't have to wear armor and weapons anymore, but he can grow, he's a monster, and his size and appearance can change slightly.
Seikret can level up and unlock abilities.
Increased difficulty in upgrading Seikret to ensure differentiation between players.
Completing many tasks about Seikret can further level up Seikret or unlock abilities.
And the tasks need to be challenging.

9. I hope the monster's HP will not increase as the number of players increases.
Players need to prefer co-op to solo.

10.Prevent players from cheating.
Last edited by PLUMHK; 24 Jun @ 6:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Popcorn 20 Jun @ 3:20pm 
I think removing the player after 2 or 3 carts would suffice as punishment.
Before the game became like what it was, it was hub and friends only, meaning your teammates are closer than what it is now.

Edit: for number 1, I think the idea of limiting the restocking makes it relatively closer to the older game, limiting potions and whatnot, but also keeping the new ability to restock.
Last edited by Popcorn; 20 Jun @ 3:51pm
i think these cases are mostly depending on your opinion, i disagree in all of them except number 3- weapon's new skill/technique. i think thats cool and should be in game but could cause hate coming into the game (like wirebug in mhrise). You cant really satisfy all people i guess
Fraktal 20 Jun @ 4:41pm 
lol calls Fujang unnatural….

Probably never fought the dumb floating whales in Rise.
Popcorn 20 Jun @ 5:01pm 
Originally posted by Fraktal:

I mean, the original "dumb floating whale" was technically Amatsu, so you're gonna have to fight with those people from MH3
world players be like
Originally posted by 布冧:
When monsters have excessive damage, the battle will become boring.

Agreed. This is Monster Hunter, not Dark Souls. The hunt should be a fun experience, challenging - second, perhaps. But first - fun.

Originally posted by 布冧:
Armor is actually the same as weapons, with just some numerical changes. If players gain new skills and techniques from new armor, it will be very interesting and unique.

Not sure about World, but that was already implemented in Rise.

Originally posted by 布冧:
5. When a player explores an area many times and has seen all the materials and drops in the area, the player will lose interest in the area. I think the variety of materials and drops needs to be increased. It's not fun to see the same materials and drops.

Eash locale will have at least one "twist"/event/season or maybe more. So with that, the materials obtained from the same area should change, theoretically.

Originally posted by 布冧:
6. In monster hunter world, which should be the DLC part, I saw some new monsters, such as Furious Rajang. These monsters are unnatural and destroy the beauty of the game.
I hope I won't see it again in the wilds.

And how is any of the Elder Dragons natural? Sorry, but the higher the monster rank goes, the more nonsensical the monster becomes. There's no escaping this. That's just how it is.
Fraktal 21 Jun @ 8:35am 
Originally posted by Popcorn:

I mean, the original "dumb floating whale" was technically Amatsu, so you're gonna have to fight with those people from MH3

Amatsu is dumb too.

Amatsu is dumb too.
i cant see any argument here why he is bad designed monster, with bad moveset
PLUMHK 23 Jun @ 5:04am 
Before the game became like what it was, it was hub and friends only, meaning your teammates are closer than what it is now.

Edit: for number 1, I think the idea of limiting the restocking makes it relatively closer to the older game, limiting potions and whatnot, but also keeping the new ability to restock.

I think the main reason why hunters die too much is because the damage of monsters is too high.
I don't recommend removing players. Removing players will make the player's game experience very bad. This is an inflexible setting.
It's enough to no longer share the number of deaths between players.
And materials are allocated according to the percentage of damage caused by players to monsters.
The player's survival is conducive to obtaining more materials.
The hunter who has died too many times does not need to continue fighting, he only needs to wait for his teammates to defeat the monsters.

Originally posted by Napewno bob:
i think these cases are mostly depending on your opinion, i disagree in all of them except number 3- weapon's new skill/technique. i think thats cool and should be in game but could cause hate coming into the game (like wirebug in mhrise). You cant really satisfy all people i guess

I improved my suggestion. Please look at it again if possible.

Originally posted by Uzkniso o.o:
And how is any of the Elder Dragons natural? Sorry, but the higher the monster rank goes, the more nonsensical the monster becomes. There's no escaping this. That's just how it is.

Shorten monster weaknesses. Limit hunters’ life recovery in combat (Cancel super recovery and Life steal). Keep Mega Potion.
Hunters need to prepare for war, making more powerful pods and lethal traps.
Worse combat environment , such as thunderstorms.
I think monsters should not have too high damage and too fast speed. The excessive speed and unlimited stamina make the monster look fake and unreal.
The battle with monsters should not revolve around excessive damage.
If the monster is designed to be annoying, the number of players will drop sharply.
Last edited by PLUMHK; 23 Jun @ 7:51am
Honestly, I feel like most of these points are kinda terrible takes. Almost sounds like you’re used to playing an MMO or something. You’re saying stuff like, I don’t want the cats in my room, I want a human butler, the original charm of monster hunter is based off of the juxtaposition of difficult hunts in contrast to the goofiness of the felines when you get to the main hub with the farm, canteen etc. It’s supposed to have silliness to it, with a cat playing a harp in your room in world. That’s kinda the point. That’s like saying you don’t want moogles or airships or chocobos in a final fantasy game. You’re taking away the charm from it.

I think the only thing I liked was in point 2. when you mentioned a “Last man standing” sort of mechanic where your teammates would have to wait for the remaining hunters to solo the monster, a standby mode where you watch the other player would be fun. Them doing more damage lasting longer and getting more materials would be cool.

But I don’t really understand the point where you said Rajang is a bad monster because it’s unnatural and unbeautiful. Have you seen the monster’s in this series? Do you think Pukei-Pukei is a stunning runway model of a monster? They’re supposed to look ridiculous or other-worldly to varying degrees. That’s why it’s called Monster Hunter. We have an alien monster xeno'jiiva, a jet back dragon valstrax, a monkey that farts on you congalala, some creepy defeathered turkey with a stretchy neck khezu.

For point 5. In Monster Hunter Wilds they’ve already fixed that issue, depending on the seasons/weather and time of day, monster locations and endemic life will change to match the environment. So you’re always going to have new materials in different locations.

When you mention point 7. about different hunters having different types of traps, I feel like you would really like the game called Wild Hearts. It has a “Karakuri” system that incorporates different types of traps for each hunter to use. Granted the frames in the game are really bad and unoptimized, and you’d have to make a new account through an EA launcher, but it’s still a very fun game.
Popcorn 23 Jun @ 12:21pm 
Originally posted by 布冧:

I think the main reason why hunters die too much is because the damage of monsters is too high.
I don't recommend removing players. Removing players will make the player's game experience very bad. This is an inflexible setting.
And materials are allocated according to the percentage of damage caused by players to monsters.
The hunter who has died too many times does not need to continue fighting, he only needs to wait for his teammates to defeat the monsters.

Originally posted by Napewno bob:

Originally posted by Uzkniso o.o:

Shorten monster weaknesses. Limit hunters’ life recovery in combat (Cancel super recovery and Life steal). Keep Mega Potion.
I think monsters should not have too high damage and too fast speed. The excessive speed and unlimited stamina make the monster look fake and unreal.
If the monster is designed to be annoying, the number of players will drop sharply.
That...literally defeats the purpose of playing with people...
While mine is similar, whats the point of me putting in the hard work when someone else is gonna just do absolutely nothing?
Kicking them out of my hunt would be better for both me and my temporary teammates
PLUMHK 24 Jun @ 1:37am 
Originally posted by furfrou7071:
Honestly, I feel like most of these points are kinda terrible takes. Almost sounds like you’re used to playing an MMO or something. You’re saying stuff like, I don’t want the cats in my room, I want a human butler, the original charm of monster hunter is based off of the juxtaposition of difficult hunts in contrast to the goofiness of the felines when you get to the main hub with the farm, canteen etc. It’s supposed to have silliness to it, with a cat playing a harp in your room in world. That’s kinda the point. That’s like saying you don’t want moogles or airships or chocobos in a final fantasy game. You’re taking away the charm from it.

In the wilds, Palico can speak. I hope I can like him.

While mine is similar, whats the point of me putting in the hard work when someone else is gonna just do absolutely nothing?
Kicking them out of my hunt would be better for both me and my temporary teammates

There are better ways to solve problems. If we kick players away, novice players will be disgusted with MHW. We need to know that MHW is a cooperative game.
Last edited by PLUMHK; 24 Jun @ 1:43am
Popcorn 24 Jun @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by 布冧:
Originally posted by furfrou7071:

There are better ways to solve problems. If we kick players away, novice players will be disgusted with MHW. We need to understand that MHW is a cooperative game.
Honestly, my suggestion here is only due to the fact that people abuse the SoS to leech, in which, I've seen an influx when playing basegame Rise and from time to time in World.

What you say there isn't going to help noobs or vets due to the fact that
1) if you want max rewards, you'd play solo rather than with people
2) if you want to play with people, you're being punished to play with people
3) new players may or may not leech, in which I've seen an influx in Rise and World
PLUMHK 24 Jun @ 6:00am 
Originally posted by 布冧:

There are better ways to solve problems. If we kick players away, novice players will be disgusted with MHW. We need to understand that MHW is a cooperative game.
Honestly, my suggestion here is only due to the fact that people abuse the SoS to leech, in which, I've seen an influx when playing basegame Rise and from time to time in World.

What you say there isn't going to help noobs or vets due to the fact that
1) if you want max rewards, you'd play solo rather than with people
2) if you want to play with people, you're being punished to play with people
3) new players may or may not leech, in which I've seen an influx in Rise and World

There are many players who cannot solo because some monsters are too powerful.
All he can do is press SOS.
When a monster's damage is designed to be too high, the problem is not with novice players.
If hunter's CARTS are no longer shared. Those novice players are willing to fight.
The problem is not the players.
If the game is well designed, we don't need to kick out any players.
Last edited by PLUMHK; 24 Jun @ 6:04am
Fraktal 24 Jun @ 6:42am 
Originally posted by 布冧:

100%, I leave or kick afk players or corner dooters/dusters.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 39 comments
Per page: 1530 50