Monster Hunter Wilds

Monster Hunter Wilds

RobeRonin 30 Jun @ 6:18pm
a message to capcom
Please stop modders the ruin games let them do that ♥♥♥♥ offline by themselves !
< >
Showing 1-15 of 138 comments
Soren 30 Jun @ 6:31pm 
I don't think it's bad personally. Maybe they can make it so mod users get queue'd with other mod users though.

That way the DPS chart watching players will get paired with other DPS chart watching players.
Originally posted by Soren:
I don't think it's bad personally. Maybe they can make it so mod users get queue'd with other mod users though.

That way the DPS chart watching players will get paired with other DPS chart watching players.
no it is that bad to allow people to change game code makes a space for cheaters and hackers it should be band and not allowed if you go online with a changed game it should ban you from ever playing online straight out!
Soren 30 Jun @ 6:48pm 
Originally posted by RobeRonin:
no it is that bad to allow people to change game code makes a space for cheaters and hackers it should be band and not allowed if you go online with a changed game it should ban you from ever playing online straight out!
In my experience, 98% of mods for Rise were cosmetic. 1% were semi-cheating tools. The kind which would tell you how much DPS you're doing, the Boss's remaining health, break gauges, etc. The final 1% might have been actual game changing mods. Like charm editors.

The people who used those hp bars/DPS chart tools that tell you all the boss information are technically cheaters. They have an advantage over you. But they aren't really invasive cheaters to the game because they aren't doing impossible things. The people who were actually cheating would be (usually) impossible to know... unless ironically you used the tools like the DPS chart to see how much damage they were doing specifically.
Last edited by Soren; 30 Jun @ 6:48pm
In my experience, 98% of mods for Rise were cosmetic. 1% were semi-cheating tools. The kind which would tell you how much DPS you're doing, the Boss's remaining health, break gauges, etc. The final 1% might have been actual game changing mods.

The people who used those hp bars/DPS chart tools that tell you all the boss information are technically cheaters. They have an advantage over you. But they aren't really invasive cheaters to the game because they aren't doing impossible things. The people who were actually cheating would be (usually) impossible to know... unless ironically you used the tools like the DPS chart to see how much damage they were doing specifically.
exactly people cheat and its to hard to tell who is cheating and who has just used a pretty sword mod so ban all mods ! and yes i find it invasive and annoying and it ruins my experience to have some idiot monitoring my dps and talking ♥♥♥♥ meanwhile they are the worst team player in the world coz they are so focus on there own DPS and btw this is the mods people tell you they are running let alone the hard cheaters who will straight up edit number values in the game ! modding leads to cheating fact!
Aeden 1 Jul @ 3:07am 
Simple solution, if you suspect someone is cheating, leave the session.
In my experience, 98% of mods for Rise were cosmetic. 1% were semi-cheating tools. The kind which would tell you how much DPS you're doing, the Boss's remaining health, break gauges, etc. The final 1% might have been actual game changing mods.

exactly people cheat and its to hard to tell who is cheating and who has just used a pretty sword mod so ban all mods ! and yes i find it invasive and annoying and it ruins my experience to have some idiot monitoring my dps and talking ♥♥♥♥ meanwhile they are the worst team player in the world coz they are so focus on there own DPS and btw this is the mods people tell you they are running let alone the hard cheaters who will straight up edit number values in the game ! modding leads to cheating fact!

I have multiple modded games on my PC and not one of those mods are a cheat of some kind. I know this is mindblowing ♥♥♥♥ here, but some people just want to make games look better or do silly ♥♥♥♥ like running around as a slice of pizza.
A report function would go a long way, but I guess that would be "too much work" to investigate, and it could just end up like stupid Blizzard's autoban system.
capcom dont come here
what are you talking about, most mods are for bust size, how is that cheating?
Last edited by Pseudomonarchiadaiymo; 2 Jul @ 3:11pm
Soren 2 Jul @ 7:07pm 
Originally posted by Pseudomonarchiadaiymo:
I wouldn't say most. But I imagine nsfw mods do make up a good chunk of the cosmetic based mods for Worlds and Rise. Probably around half.
Originally posted by Sun Goddess:

I have multiple modded games on my PC and not one of those mods are a cheat of some kind. I know this is mindblowing ♥♥♥♥ here, but some people just want to make games look better or do silly ♥♥♥♥ like running around as a slice of pizza.
perhaps you missed the point so i will try to reiterate it ! opening a game for modding allows players to change files and still play the full product this allows cheaterss hackers and mod cheaters full access to the game! so whiel you might just be doing it to have pretty pictures the result is a army of cheraters hackers and system abusers flooding the game! or we could have no mods and solid anti cheat and have minimal cheaters only advanced hackers wil break games rather then 10 year olds buying mod cheats!
Originally posted by Aeden:
Simple solution, if you suspect someone is cheating, leave the session.
great so i have to change my game play and waste my time because of cheaters no thank you people shouldn't be punished for others actions!
Originally posted by Black Lamb, Rock Enjoyer:
A report function would go a long way, but I guess that would be "too much work" to investigate, and it could just end up like stupid Blizzard's autoban system.
true i agree i would love to see a report button!
Originally posted by Pseudomonarchiadaiymo:
let me try to give you a example !
it would be great if i could leave my front door open i would never have to use my keys oh wait that means any 1 could walk in and steal all my stuff !

this is the same as modders in games if you allow modders to change game files {leave the door open} cheaters and mod abusers will take advantage and its not as easy to see in a co op game like MH !

and i guarantee you 90% of those people with graphics mods have a DPS checker and are flat out cheating in MH!
Soren 2 Jul @ 11:23pm 
Originally posted by Black Lamb, Rock Enjoyer:
true i agree i would love to see a report button!
I'll say it once more. The modding community doesn't need to be scorned. You're not going to get many people to agree with you if your idea to solve this is a blanket ban on all modding.

Just pair modders with other modders in matchmaking or have a heavy inclination to pair modders with modders. Capcom doesn't need to make modding less friendly. It's frankly an asset for the MH games these days like it is for Elder Scrolls. Cracking down on modding in multiplayer won't stop the demand for it. Heck, the people who use DPS charts to monitor their team's DPS would probably even like it if they were more likely to be paired with other sweaty DPS chart using users instead of noobs who have bad DPS.
Last edited by Soren; 2 Jul @ 11:24pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 138 comments
Per page: 1530 50