EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 6

View Stats:
AngryAlbinoCroc 16 Nov, 2023 @ 10:11pm
Auto loot. For the love of god.
Please add a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ auto loot for the end of missions. Sometimes, you just, can't get all the ♥♥♥♥. Just add an auto loot option.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 661 comments
Ubarian 17 Nov, 2023 @ 12:07am 
Agreed
Pointless part of the gameplay loop.

We used a trainer in EDF5 purely to do a full crate pickup at the end of missions. And, after 100 hours, we still didn't have all upgrades for a single class playing on Inferno... Meaning, with the intended design of picking crates up manually, you'd never get maxed weapons unless you're incredibly lucky...
VolteVaris (A Tutorial Smith) 17 Nov, 2023 @ 6:54am 
I'd argue frantically rolling for loot last-second is an EDF staple; Why not just leave one enemy laying around while you pick up everything?
Scouten 17 Nov, 2023 @ 8:03am 
Originally posted by VolteVaris:
I'd argue frantically rolling for loot last-second is an EDF staple; Why not just leave one enemy laying around while you pick up everything?
didnt one of the devlopers come out and say that collecting the loot is an intended gameplay loop. i for one think its fine its not hard to just collect boxes as you go
Nope 17 Nov, 2023 @ 8:23am 
Because it's tedious to gather all the boxes scattered across the map instead of starting next fight and have fun
Hence why many people use cheat to mass collect them at the end
lolMarko 17 Nov, 2023 @ 11:38am 
Originally posted by Scouten:
didnt one of the devlopers come out and say that collecting the loot is an intended gameplay loop. i for one think its fine its not hard to just collect boxes as you go

The dev's "Intended" game design does not inherently mean fun. Running around gathering crates before the mission ends is not my idea of fun especially when the crates are directly tied to class progression. And some missions are so hectic that you are not worried about armor crates or weapon crates you are trying to find health.
DarkStick 17 Nov, 2023 @ 1:27pm 
I like collecting boxes. I find it satisfying and rewarding to find and grab those big green crates, wondering what I'll find inside.
Just getting loot thrown at me in a menu after the missions would feel shallow, like a mobile game.
Maybe instead have a weapon for the air rider/ranger that's a big magnet that attracts all the crates in a certain radius, to help with grinding?
Tokuchi OneOuts 17 Nov, 2023 @ 4:30pm 
seeing that this game is essentially a PS port and the game is already released
surely they will not add this new feature upon release..

but maybe... a future upgrade?
Shoah Kahn 17 Nov, 2023 @ 5:35pm 
Nah... It'd kill the scabby madness of the end-of-wave loot rush. I'd rather they give us more time to grab loot; perhaps, based on how much damage you do / take -- the more you do, the more time; the more you take, the less time.

Nothing needs to be "auto", UNLESS it's purely an option.
Aihana Etsu 18 Nov, 2023 @ 8:51am 
I enjoy walking around taking loot while trying to destroy the enemy. If at the end, all loot goes in, then there is no reason to loot while fighting. Perhaps auto loot 80% of unpicked would be a reasonable compromise
V.V.R 18 Nov, 2023 @ 1:04pm 
I love how people asking for stuff that already not in the game. Guys. Game already released in Japan on consoles. If it not there, it will not be in PC release. Easy as that.
Zephyr 18 Nov, 2023 @ 11:13pm 
I should also point there was an interview with the director of the game and serie and he explained his reasonning behind not putting auto-loot. Now, his arguments are faulty, and even downright wrong, but let me explain them to you.

Basically, he said that collecting crates is part of the challenge of having to make in game decisions between fighting and going for the crates. We all know that's bull, because everyone apply the "leave one or a few enemies alive and loot the map" strategy when they can. There is no decision making or challenge involved.
He also said that the player base likes the feeling of physically collecting a crate that will give them something. Again, it's a wrong impression, and while some may think it's an asian thing, the amount of auto-loot cheat users in 5 who are from asian country is about as large as in the west.

This interview was pretty fun, as he also said that EDF is supposed to be taken seriously(!!!). So we fans who loves its sillyness and B movie feel are apparently all wrong. Shame on us, I suppose :p .
Corinarh 18 Nov, 2023 @ 11:46pm 
You have cheat tables for that
MalMallie 20 Nov, 2023 @ 9:23am 
A toggle for auto-loot at mission conclusion would be most welcome. It's a waste of time, and my tendons, that is barely tolerable. At 40+ most of you will likely understand what I'm talking about.
ifyucantbeatmexd 20 Nov, 2023 @ 1:10pm 
Originally posted by Zephyr:
I should also point there was an interview with the director of the game and serie and he explained his reasonning behind not putting auto-loot. Now, his arguments are faulty, and even downright wrong, but let me explain them to you.

Basically, he said that collecting crates is part of the challenge of having to make in game decisions between fighting and going for the crates. We all know that's bull, because everyone apply the "leave one or a few enemies alive and loot the map" strategy when they can. There is no decision making or challenge involved.
He also said that the player base likes the feeling of physically collecting a crate that will give them something. Again, it's a wrong impression, and while some may think it's an asian thing, the amount of auto-loot cheat users in 5 who are from asian country is about as large as in the west.

This interview was pretty fun, as he also said that EDF is supposed to be taken seriously(!!!). So we fans who loves its sillyness and B movie feel are apparently all wrong. Shame on us, I suppose :p .
but there is decision making involved, in that you will want to leave health crates lying around in tough missions where you need to time your healings

you could argue a full loot sweep at mission completion makes sense

and i do believe this is a japanese cultural thing, they just really like to collect stuff and work for it. i mean why do you think gachapon/gacha games are a thing. it's a japanese game made for japanese market so what do you do

either way i dont really care anymore, ive never minded having to collect crates near mission end and/or having to miss a bunch. i usually focus on just playing the game without worrying too much about collecting everything, and only farm armor/weapons in specific missions that are ideal for that. you're not meant to collect literally every single crate that enemies drop, just ones that happen to be near. anything else is just ocd, because again you can just farm in specific missions. the devs obviously slip in a mission here and there in these games, specifically for that purpose
Last edited by ifyucantbeatmexd; 20 Nov, 2023 @ 1:18pm
MedicFriend 22 Nov, 2023 @ 12:32pm 
It is not difficult to have a wing diver or fencer or AR with a fast vehicle or ranger with probe to collect things during the course of the mission.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 661 comments
Per page: 1530 50