Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor

Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor

View Stats:
What is this game?
My friends and I had 100+ hrs on DRG last year or so and were happy with our purchase.
There was an announcement of another DRG game where you would venture deep into the core of the planet and find some abandoned civilizations or stations. And I reckon it was implied that it was 4p coop as well (?)
Is this single player early access meant to become the game from above? We're confused.
Originally posted by ThanatosX:
Rogue Core is probably the one you are thinking of. This one is like Vampire Survivors, an auto shooter for solo.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
A moderator of this forum has indicated that this post answers the original topic.
ThanatosX 15 Aug @ 12:56pm 
Rogue Core is probably the one you are thinking of. This one is like Vampire Survivors, an auto shooter for solo.
Rogue Core is the Coop one with the base elements. This one is more like Hades or Vampire Survivors. It's a very cool auto-shooter roguelike. Give it a try, you'll see a lot of how the game works in a run or two.

But yeah, it's probably never going to become multiplayer compatible as far as I can tell.
This is not multiplayer game. But for its low price I played it for 18 hours and I feel like I have already got enough value to not feel bad about purchase. I think if Ill reach 50 hours Ill consider it great investment.
Dingo 17 Aug @ 10:34pm 
I have a soft spot for solid survivor games given they have solid enough mechanics and decent art, both of which this appears to have implemented rather well. I'm flipping through steam looking at alternatives that all look comparable at beast but largely inferior to the production and polish of this...I just hate buying early access...I'ts not that I don't have faith in the release or anything. I just like to get the whole game all at once...

What do people think, will this experience be potentially spoiled if I pick it up in EA?
I expect the game to change as they build out the systems they want to include. Breaking up the grind they put in over different updates felt better than it would have, all at once.

Update 1 felt quite balanced, I finished all the challenges/achievements at the same time as the meta progress.
Update 3 mostly grinding out the various weapon/dwarf/biome challenges, some of the meta progress was gated behind resource from the new content, and the difficulty is pretty stat checky on your meta. Achievements weren't too tough to knock over and get back to 100%.

I would recommend it if you like the style of game. It's one of the best looking for sure. I think being something you work on over time is not hurt by buying it early. Some weapons could use a leg up in a balance pass.

Manually back up your saves if you get it though, they still have a file killing bug if your game shuts down unexpectedly.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50