The Crush House

The Crush House

View Stats:
Came for the "dark side quest and lore" but got nothing
Dom't get me wrong. It seems like a entertaining game. But i (and a lot of us) came for the dark side of the trailer that showed up in the summer game fest events. I downloaded the demo and after 1 full run, mysterious woman calls you and tells you to do the side quest to get lore. The game has a really bad cammera that most of the time don't track the scenes of the characters, that made difficult to do side quest since it can't focus in the butts or it can't get an enjoyable moment. And after "A lot" of attempts, i managed to get 1 mission completed by the end of the day. I was ready to get that "dark lore" and the same day when you go to bed, mysterious woman calls you and tells you to take the elevator to level 3. Finally some of lore we all wanted for. And when you are in the elevator, the moment you hit the button, a loading screen appears, just to make a popup on the screen to remind you to "whislist on steam". And there is nothing more. No lore, no scene, no dialog. No nothing. I got so pissed, like. Why on earth you put those missions for? Are you telling me i need to buy the whole game and spect the lore will be good? How i am gonna want you lore if you can't even give a little piece of that lore. This demo just screamed at me this sentence. "We don't have lore yet, so we will trick you to think we have just to whislist and in the end not adding anything related". I will definedly not going to wishlist. :steamthumbsdown:
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
nicole  [developer] 27 Jun @ 5:22am 
Hi there, thanks for playing the demo! The majority of the narrative and lore will unfold in the full game :)
In all seriousness, I don't think it makes that much sense to expect them to reveal the lore and the story in a demo.
Originally posted by Psisco:
Dom't get me wrong. It seems like a entertaining game. But i (and a lot of us) came for the dark side of the trailer that showed up in the summer game fest events. I downloaded the demo and after 1 full run, mysterious woman calls you and tells you to do the side quest to get lore. The game has a really bad cammera that most of the time don't track the scenes of the characters, that made difficult to do side quest since it can't focus in the butts or it can't get an enjoyable moment. And after "A lot" of attempts, i managed to get 1 mission completed by the end of the day. I was ready to get that "dark lore" and the same day when you go to bed, mysterious woman calls you and tells you to take the elevator to level 3. Finally some of lore we all wanted for. And when you are in the elevator, the moment you hit the button, a loading screen appears, just to make a popup on the screen to remind you to "whislist on steam". And there is nothing more. No lore, no scene, no dialog. No nothing. I got so pissed, like. Why on earth you put those missions for? Are you telling me i need to buy the whole game and spect the lore will be good? How i am gonna want you lore if you can't even give a little piece of that lore. This demo just screamed at me this sentence. "We don't have lore yet, so we will trick you to think we have just to whislist and in the end not adding anything related". I will definedly not going to wishlist. :steamthumbsdown:
Wow... I bet you are an absolute joy to be around
I just played the demo yesterday, I'm not associated with the game, but I highly suspect there's a few clues in the demo itself :)... Might be a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the characters explicitly, and perhaps unknowingly, states a secret very early on ;).

I love the content available in the demo and watching the altering dynamics of the cast! And those Chorbys, aren't they cute? ;)
Come on, i came to read what people tought of the demo but i wasnt expecting ANY dark lore at all from the DEMO...

Have we seen the same trailer? Read the same concept? Its a MISTERY, supposed to creep in increasingly. The trailer clearly shows its meant to start like the reality tv cameraman is the game and all there is but increasiongly noticing weird things and something else darker LATER...

...and 90% of demos usually show early gameplay(among those vast majority show the literal start).

I havent played doki doki club (not my style) but from what ive read it would be like playing that game from the middle or something. Or that apple series 'Severance' if the strange rooms beyond the office were show in the first few episodes
They are not tricking you into buying the game, that's litterally the point of a demo. It's like saying malls trick you into buying things by having them in store.
It’s a demo… why would they reveal that in a “demo” 😒
Grug 8 Aug @ 10:52pm 
Originally posted by SolarisMidnight:
It’s a demo… why would they reveal that in a “demo” 😒
To tantalize the player that mystery can be expected in the full release, so they should buy it so the mystery is solved. Hiding what is meant to be a major appeal is not a wise choice.
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50